stitching the bottom

wire1.jpg

lining it all up

wire2.jpg

drill and stitch the sides

wire3.jpg

and merry christmas to me

wire4.jpg

my jeans were avoiding paint with my tag. just a single one while waiting for a train.

4d7b6777.jpg

Busy Week.

Monday early evening YouRen and his wife made the journey out to the Burbs to do a teanight. He needed some people to help him with tasting notes for his blog, and as I had a bunch of teas itching to be shared with friends he decided to bring his Oolongs while I supplied the Pu'ers.

When it gets cold, a ripe Pu'er hits the spot. 2005 LaoShuBing

DSC_2010-1.jpg

Cleaning the leaves

DSC_1962-1.jpg

Spent leaves show that they are much larger grade than some of the other Ripe Pu'ers. Not a big issue in regards to quality, as I have had some small leave Menghai's that are great. But these are still quite pretty out of the pot.

DSC_2012-1.jpg

After dinner we decided to mix it up a bit and got into the bourbon I brought back for YouRen.

DSC_1968-1.jpg

YouRen got a bit mischievous and decided to use a teacup to drink bourbon. Needless to say, as the night wore on, there were some mistakes on which was the bourbon and which was the Pu'er.

DSC_1995-1.jpg

The wives were happy with their white wine and Chinese white liquor (Baijiu)

DSC_2019-1.jpg

I had to head to Japan on Wednesday for a visa run. Forgot my camera at home, but the wife snapped some pics of the first snow in Shanghai for the year.

DSC_2053.jpg

DSC_2057.jpg

Didn't want the Japan trip to be a total waste. These visa runs can provide a great an excuse to do the shopping. Exchange rates sucked this time, but I got the old lady's Christmas shopping done, and picked up a few goodies for myself as well.

Clockwise from left Burgus Plus belt from Hinoya (raw) after applying some Neatsfoot Oil, Sugar Cane Cotton Duck Tote, A pair of MF 7161s that have been sitting at my friend's home since May waiting for me, and a new MF Off-Duty CPO.

events.jpg

Saturday met up with You Ren again and decided to check out the new Gap in Shanghai. Almost all denim they are carrying are made with Cone Denim. Wondering if the local customers have some understanding of all the marketing they are putting into these.

IMG_3800.jpg

A bit disappointed with the Gap, we headed to Take 5

IMG_3803.jpg

Wanted a pic with Mars. Midnight CPO and Eternal contest jeans getting some love.

IMG_3807.jpg

Last Night. Had a friend back in town from the US for Christmas. He's been gone for about a year and a half, but wanted to go back to our old faithful Japanese restaurant. We've been going there for about 7 years. All you can eat.

I got there early, and it was still empty.

DSC_2077.jpg

Took some pics of their menu pics for comparison with their actual food.

DSC_2083.jpg

DSC_2084.jpg

However, by the time the food started arriving, there was a mad rush to eat, and I forgot about taking photos.

We got there early, and closed the place down. The only light on in the place was the one over our table. We got the hint, and called it a night.

DSC_2074.jpg

Gonna be stuck in China for Christmas this year, so it was a good week meeting up with friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Great shots Shangers! Holidays are always a good time for getting together with good friends!

So the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity.

Multiple school concerts & plays - lots of sugar-laden nippers! Half a dozen charity dinners, and as many corporate holiday parties… Finally had the last one on Saturday night. Yay.

1972c9d8.jpg

The snowy commutes

309b5221.jpg

Shots from late evenings after events

2a1b674a.jpg

a143e054.jpg

Our little girl's class has been studying phases of the moon, so lot's of photos…

c058407c.jpg

84b5b0d0.jpg

Went to the Ontario Science Centre to check out the "Mythical Creatures" exhibition.

f6cc043e.jpg

The mermaid section was good!

c1ebf19a.jpg

a8c0d45a.jpg

Dragonz!!!!

e0e38c0a.jpg

We took an evening to go to the Gardner Museum, to try our hand at pottery. Was a blast, and our creations will be fired over the holidays, and ready for us to glaze in the New Year.

9724936e.jpg

We had lots of Bey Blade battles and sledding!

db3322e8.jpg

ac9dfba6.jpg

I've been driving past this place off the QEW for years, and finally made a trip out to take some photos.

93564785.jpg

The story behind this ship involves a wealthy guy who wanted to sail the Great Lakes but somehow went bankrupt. He docked his ship for the final time at Jordan Harbour and never returned. Originally this was a legal issue but then turned into a tourist attraction. A few years ago it caught on fire, leaving it looking ragged and burnt. The ice wasn't thick enough to walk out to it - maybe in January!

a591dcdd.jpg

f46f09b5.jpg

a4885213.jpg

And of course, we decorated the tree…

1a7bc8c3.jpg

43418fff.jpg

Vacations… It's a dog's life!

dc26bbe9.jpg

Enjoy the holidays!

send me back to Uganda with a sample/example and I'll see what i can do...

edit: seriously, I found some lavendar fabric with little turkeys all over it. A shirt made outta that is gonna be top priority when I return to the Dark Continent.

^ What about with ducklings? Ducklings???

My Clipper's and I went to the shops today - some sweets from New Zealand (sup TG76)...not particularly good chocolate or anything, but they've got the sugar:fat ratio down pat (oh, and the packaging is cool):

PC210003.jpg

Edit: Was waxing most of my belts this evening, here a funny pic (lol at 13oz runt on far right):

PC210002.jpg

Today I went to the student district near my school. Honestly though, it is basically Korea Town there. Will try to get some stalker pics to prove my point later. After 4 hours of gruesome studying I met up with some friends in local bars. All places were surprisingly empty, probably because it is a Tuesday.

La Bomba

IMG_0132.jpg

Laowai's, which literally means foreigner

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Laowai's lets you play pool for free, so i come here sometimes with friends and hang out

IMG_0135.jpg

Had a Tsingtao beer to relax. It says more than or equal 4.3% alcohol content. I highly doubt it though.

IMG_0136.jpg

The way to travel in Beijing: electric scooters!

IMG_0137.jpg

here's some life i've been meaning to post but haven't found the time...

Cooking up dinner the other night...butternut squash gnocchi with a fresh salad.

5281460373_a4608572f4_z.jpg

5282060868_454818f84a_z.jpg

5282061100_1be2ec1a41_z.jpg

5282060404_88d6573d4c_z.jpg

Went back to the Holidazzle parade with the family this time, snapped some pics, most of which were boring...

5281459487_92ddf3fc23_z.jpg

5281459801_4f1d2eb085_z.jpg

5281460079_ea4ccd3ecd_z.jpg

5281461585_4a9e926458_z.jpg

5281461861_bda02a90a6_z.jpg

been consumed by work lately...but when not slaving away at the 9-5...i've been here. Tunes, photo editing, and some VERY late nights getting ready for March 4th. still a long way to go, but I'm getting more excited with each passing day.

5281462199_fb4b308f78_z.jpg

Lots of nice stuff lately...

Thought you Northern Hemisphere folks might appreciate some Australian sunshine - my Oni's and I went out to collect mail today:

pc220001b.jpg

pc220032.jpg

Sorry for awkward fit pics, gf not here to do it for me.

My box is at the University of Melbourne - it's holiday time, and not so many people around.

The sun was out, and the sky very clear:

pc220045.jpg

pc220048.jpg

pc220087.jpg

I found a handsome bird to stalk:

pc220066.jpg

pc220067y.jpg

More of the University:

pc220062.jpg

pc220058.jpg

pc220054.jpg

Walked past my medical school - have not been here for a little while, but everything looks the same:

pc220096w.jpg

pc220112x.jpg

On the way to catch a tram home, walked pass my old residential college (it is a heritage listed building):

pc220113.jpg

pc220120o.jpg

pc220128.jpg

Christmas present from nice colleagues :)

PC220002.jpg