What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

hell yea on first major art purchase dkatz.

anyway, was out in lowertown grabbing some food yesterday and snapped this one. i enjoyed it and figured i'd spam up the thread a bit.

4575068586_a53d1a3ddf.jpg

Thanks Z!

Maybe the next one will be a large-size print of one of your photos (or a triptych?) to grace the walls of wherever I wind up living when I'm back Stateside.

Nice stuff dkatz! I always look forward to your Ugandan updates! :)

Aren't all of my posts technically Ugandan? Hehe...

Pomata, what's with the hair? Not looking very Ramonsey.

hey roy what hair? mine or his? nice pics though...

pomato has a band ? should've jammed at the se party !!

yeah I wish we were there! next time maybe

Up north for the weekend. On the way up stayed in a town called Lincoln, huge cathedral, packed with beautiful buildings.

Do you remember when you were a kid and saw a steep hill? The only think to do is run down it as fast as you can...

Thehill2.jpg

We stayed just at the top of this hill, in an old hotel called the White Hart. Our room overlooked the street... At the end of the corridor they were having a wedding reception in a large-ish conference room, used for that purpose for hundreds of years. It was in that room that the tank was invented. They had gathered together a bunhc of military and industrialists around 1915, to come up with ideas to break the military deadlock, sketched out the first idea in that meeting. All the early British tanks were made by a firm in Lincoln. There are lovely old black and white photos of these starched Edwardians around the hotel, plus faded pictures of Lancaster bombers and their crews, who were stationed here.

They've built a new visitors centre - fascinating, it's really old fashioned in a kind of 70s brutalist style, with exposed concrete still showing the grain from the shuttering. Lots of Roman remains, some beautiful jewellery, bronze age boats and a few fossils. Never realised they had elephants in Lincolnshire at one time. I liked the way the building framed the views around it. This is the cathedral, visible from the central hallway.

P1030952.jpg

We'd driven up for my pop's birthday... it was excellent, but rushed. His history is amazing, always lots of bits I need to catch up with. This weekend I asked about when he worked in an aircraft factory - I found he used to make the bomb doors for the Phantom, wing leading edge for the Buccaneer, and the wing structure for the Harriet Jet. I remember going to that factory as a kid, always wished I'd taken photos (which, even if I'd owned a camera then, were banned). Got to go to one of ay favourite pubs, Nelly's, as featured in a previous WAYJDT. We drove back through Lincolnshire; it's a strange area, very flat, slightly isolated, for much of the way you're driving along an old ROman Road. Because it's flat it was the site of many airbases from WW1 onwards... near Newark there's a terrific, tiny museum with lots of early jets. Then a little bit further down the road there's an English Electric Lightning interceptor, mouldering gently away in a field.

EnglishElectricLightning.jpg

then on Monday night, drove home fast for the Stooges Raw POwer show at the Apollo Slightly surreal... I'd met the band at the same venue for the Fun House show, the first time I'd seen people like Ron Asheton and Steve Mackay since they were lost souls - Steve Mackay was a carpenter in San Fran. THis time, ROn was dead, and instead I met up with James Williamson, who the last time I met him was a senior VP at Sony. A good audience... surprisingly attractive (the women, anyway)...

Iggy.jpg

Lot of beer, water, sweat in my SDA.... I'll leave it all to curdle for another few weeks I think...

great pic paul. nice town. looks like iggy still drops his pants. i have seen him a couple of times but never with the rest of the stooges, wich is not possible anymore. by the way did you interview david for your book ?

perfect pics lando thanks

nothing better to do on a nice autumn day so my man took me and my skulls flying again

getting gas

1gas.jpg

wrapping up warm and waiting around

1wrapped.jpg

checking out my dads place

1dads.jpg

and my favorite beach

1horahora.jpg

and the oil refinery

1refined.jpg

and home again

1landed.jpg

Went to Portsmouth to watch Biffy Clyro with my girlfriend.

Had a bottle of 3 Fonteinen Oude Kriek before (Thanks for jogging my memory B-Dawg)

biffy001.jpg

Went to Gunwharf Quays to do some shopping and eat. Had a look at the harbour and the Spinnaker Tower too.

biffy004.jpg

biffy002.jpg

biffy003.jpg

Simon Neil topless as usual, didn't drop his pants like Iggy did for Paul T (probably a good thing).

biffy005.jpg

These are so cool! Roy, I'm gonna have to ask you which art stores and galleries to check out next time I'm in S.F.

Absolutely- let me know when you're coming.

The artist you quoted, Eric Joyner, was one of my favorites of that day. My photos didn't do him justice- I was photographing color prints of his oil paintings. The paintings are huge, and have a lot of impact. I didn't feel comfortable photographing the dudes paintings and the putting them on the internet, though.

This is the flyer he was handing out:4582320370_a3da2500f5_o.jpg

IMG_0gfqw595.jpg

Took a walk out in my backfields to figure out which area to plow first. Saw this tom mackin on some hen, so many wild turkeys in my area now. Suppose this guy is part of the problem.

IMG_9573.jpg

Closed on this house in the morning. Built in 1903, but is amazing shape all around. Has tons of character. A great find in an area overflowing with new cookie cutter builds and stoked its only 10 minutes away from the farm.

IMG_9574.jpg

Better believe I'm going to build some indoor ramps on the second floor of the barn/garage for the winter. Previous owner took advantage of the high ceilings by putting in a basketball court thats up there now.

IMG_9511.jpg

My girls stoked about the wood stoves. One of three.

IMG_9533.jpg

Upstairs.

After that had to goto the local greenhouse supplier.

IMG_qw0609.jpg

Picked up some trays and some fungicides.

IMG_fd0613.jpg

Truck needs some work so I took my car. I can stuff a coupe like a mfing caravan :rolleyes:

IMG_05qw96.jpg

Home now with crazy overcast outside. Best hide inside and play some MW2.

Owe so much rep. Supermegaultraepic congrats farmer! Nice beer, GBOB.

It was a pleasure meeting/remeeting some of the superdenim crew last week, Vinneus, Lando, Beatle, YoungPunch, Roy, and everyone else who was so much fun to hang with. Missed you this time, Zissou.

Today my MFSC CPO grabbed pounds of hops from the massive bales for delightful beer-making.

f1cu.jpg

And walked down to the river for my lunch break to have an Old Rasputin.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=98&filename=w80.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Edit: For Beatle, drank a Berliner Weisse on my porch at sunset this weekend after skating :)

aoqw.jpg

Today my jeans & I developed a new respect for dog groomers...

First, we hit up the park, to get everyone good & tired...

waywt21.jpg

Got a couple of hours of play in, before the windstorms & driving rain hit us.

Then we did a lot of extra brushing on Rufus - he's the one with the longer coat... Lady Godiva of golden doodles...

brushing.jpg

Then we got down to business....

Here's how I thought I looked:

waywt1-32.jpg

Here's how Rufus thought I looked:

texas-chainsaw.jpg

Still not done, but I really, REALLY need a break

stressrelief.jpg

Anyone need more hair? Blondes have more fun! :D

trimmings.jpg

yesterday me and my skulls started to finish off the table for the new tv

sand1.jpg

sand2r.jpg

then we went to my mums to help her with a mothers day luncheon, hard week at work = me looking like a hag

sand3l.jpg

lots of little foods mum and i made for the old ladies

sand4.jpg

sand5h.jpg

then we got to cuddle my neice, until i got too jealous of her lovely soft skin

sand6.jpg

then we went out to my mans friends farm for tea but were to shy to take pictures of the awesome view and yummy food

today we are going shopping for teak oil for the table and food, we were going mountain biking but the weather is shit

new loft move in progress. Teaser pic of the kitchen, taken from the back of the living room...moved the essentials so far

4589834807_c1c86703ce.jpg

how would you guys and gals enjoy a walkthrough when we're all done?? thinking about posting up a nice little vid instead of pictures (mainly because I don't have a lens wide enough to shoot in here, lol.