What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

glad everyone is enjoying the pics and they're causing a little nostalgia :)

heres some from Fushimi Inari..wish we had more time to see more in Kyoto but we headed back to Tokyo after Fushimi..will have to spend more time there next time..

oh and i ran out of my favorite no show uniqlo socks today..had to resort to a pair of regular jawnz. Those uniqlo socks are serious..need to cop like 9 more pair before i leave..

arashiyama7.jpg

fushdog.jpg

fushimiinari.jpg

mefushiminiinari.jpg

fuushi.jpg

fushi.jpg

fushimi.jpg

shinkansen going back to Tokyo:

shinkans.jpg

shinkansen2.jpg

i miss that place landstander, can't wait to make my annual trip back to Japan this winter...

amazing pics, landstander!

some italian food now, there was a nice market this morning in town.

vendors from all the regions of Italy with their tipical products...

hot sausages from calabria v good

dsc07302h.jpg

super-smelly cheese

dsc07301a.jpg

tourists and the arena

dsc07298.jpg

the original Pesto (genova) do you know it?

dsc07295vi.jpg

bread (trentino alto adige)

dsc07287k.jpg

meat (piemonte)

dsc07285q.jpg

flavoured oliveoil

dsc07284a.jpg

toscana my love

dsc07281g.jpg

and sicily...yummi yummi

dsc07293p.jpg

dried tomatoes

dsc07294h.jpg

always from sicily, arancini these are so good with rice, mozzarella and tomato sauce inside

dsc07279e.jpg

crazy sweets from sicily - cannoli siciliani (u remember the godfather?)

dsc07278.jpg

I got myself this truffle sauce only but I'll be back tomorrow

dsc07312o.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the small tour and have a nice day guys!

Mmmm! Thank you for the photos, pomata! My father is from very near trentino alto adige.

must spread pomata but those pics are making me hungry..are those soft pretzels at that bread stand? thats one thing im missing about home..soft philly pretzels mmm..

went to Yokohama today..a guy at work insisted that i go so i figured why not. Later on i went to the Metropolitan Government Building to check out the city from above and get some pics. After that i basically wandered around Shinjuku for a bit since thats where my hotel is:

cosmoworld.jpg

yokoo.jpg

yokohama5.jpg

yokohama2.jpg

yokohamma.jpg

yokohama.jpg

ram.jpg

worked on my Stats/Bodybuilding project. weighed the 45Lb. plates to check the accuracy. got about 30 done today. got about 70 to go. sorry about cell pics.

2426945990103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2575420540103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2123256800103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

then after i grabbed a shower, I went to check out a job opportunity I heard about. turned out to be soliciting. I decided to pass.

^ nice, i was just on the phone trying to organise a fishing trip

today me and my jeans took some cold pills that said DO NOT OPORATE HEAVY MACHINERY so we put on some venison english devilled sausages then went and played with power tools

but first we oiled the table we started the other week

tablen.jpg

now i just need someone to help me lift it back upstairs

my choices for todays project were

a stack of old benches from my old intermediate school hall

chairsa.jpg

there are 7 of them all with different restoration needs

an old kauri teachers desk

deskhq.jpg

it needs some rebuilding and some leather set in so im leaving it till the holidays

so i attacked an old coffee table

sandingtable.jpg

im roughly taking off most of the varnish, not caring about the shape, then im going to spray it mat black for my outside lounge (with the school benches around it)

sandingtable1.jpg

sandingtable3.jpg

nicely shaped legs are overrated

table1f.jpg

my skulls love being covered in dust

skullsdust.jpg

then my man came over so i stopped work to go give him a post race rub down

Bloody hell! Summer is finally here!

25 degrees in the south east. TIme for the seaside, and for 9oz denim, obviously. So we set off first thing out of London to the nearest bit of coast, Whitstable.

This restaurant is obscure but famous. Wheeler's became a big chain, based on this tiny place. I think the chain eventually went bust but the the original remains here. A great place to eat - you can bring your own booze.

Wheelers.jpg

We had a different idea, though - a takeaway. So it was crab sandwiches, pickled octopus, anchovies and prawns in little polystyrene cups. Served on a blanket. Tartan, what else?

Sandwiches.jpg

We often spend time catching crabs here. One of these fellas was alive, one dead. I know this ain't chanttheman standard, but you got to start somewhere, right?

I noticed the nipper'd found them when I heard screams and saw him chasing a girl around that he'd met on the beach and threatening to drop them down her dress. Well, it has to be done, no?

crabs.jpg

Obligatory 9oz denim shot. LVC 1890 and chambray.

PTsarse.jpg

By the way, previous wayjdt post we visited the place where they designed the Mosquito and many pioneering British jets. The family who ran the company, De Havilland, died out when the second of two sons died, attempting to break the sound barrier. This is the place they fished his body out of the sea. Sad...

Then it was down the high street, to a few favroutie shops. ONe of them is a real cool, old sewing machine shop. He sells industrial machines; thanks to him I have approximately 2km of denim coloured thread for repairs...

whitstablehighst.jpgoldclothesshops.jpgsewingmachine.jpgsundaesundae.jpg

We stopped in for ice cream, of course. The proprietor was proud of his new moustache . sundaesundaeprop.jpg

ON the way home, we stopped off at another old town, Faversham, only a short trip from London altho I've never been here before. Apparently Henry 8 stayed in this inn. Sorry if too many of my posts have old buildings.. I like modern architecture but I figure you guys in Chicago and Utrecht have better modern buildings than us..

theship.jpg

Mies van de rohe never did this: eagle.jpgtolls.jpg

Actually, Faversham has a lot of my favourite architecture. I've never seen a small town with so many pubs. Thanks to this brewery, shepherd neame:

shepneambrewery.jpg

Even this tiny place was a pub, from the 1600s until 1984;

ANOTHERpub.jpg

I loved this cinema; must be really early, Arts and Craft I would guess, from 1910 or so:

theroyal.jpg

The day was tinged with sadness. I got to the brewery shop at 4.45. It closed at 4.30. I hammered on the door, cried, screamed, all to no avail. This brewry sells a beer called Spitfire - patriiotic, huh? I would love to have drunk a bottle and toasted almostnice.

Still, home in time for Dr Who, accompanied by a glass of Greenwich stout. A pretty damn good episode... they revived the Silurians, cold blooded bipeds who ruled the earth before humanity. And now they're back. Eek!

DrWho.jpg

Advertised opening day to the public. Weather worked with us for a great turn out. Cars were parked up and down the street because the lot was full most of the day. Counted over 40 cars around 11am.:)

IM4325G_0682.jpg

IMG_zcxv0677.jpg

When not watering, my day was spent trucking different plants around to restock the retail greenhouses.

IMG_0435683.jpg

IMG23_0657.jpg

IMG_066135.jpg

Gave em a quick soak w a little Dr Bronners("Absolute cleanliness is Godliness!") peppermint and some agitation. Still wet. Hope they'll be dry by morning to do it all again.

IMG_98f51.jpg

its a miserable day

miseryy.jpg

doing the benches today

gonna leave the school stamps on (and the chewing gum)

underl.jpg

all the panels are different depending on when they were repaired/ replaced.. the super yellow one is an original so i left it pretty much alone and oiled the rest after a good sanding

overt.jpg

now im cooking a kind of greek dinner for all the boys

out in the rain getting fresh herbs from me garden

picking.jpg

its what my jeans did, a while ago. but today my jeans went through some of the shots i got while scoping out some new shooting grounds...

these are all sitting in B+W right now because I'm too tired to mess with color at the moment. That is tomorrow's task, along with finally ordering a few new lenses.

4630890173_b61dba935c.jpg

4631489620_fc9001bc94.jpg

4631489138_56fb6e592a.jpg

4631489984_b857484b03.jpg

4630891743_54883b791e.jpg

4630890699_f63ae49611.jpg

yup.