What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

finally got around to stealing some of my girlfriend's pics from germany. I brought an old film camera and I haven't developed them yet, but soon...

we went to visit our friends Derek and Michelle in Konstanz where they have been studying abroad for almost a year. I brought Derek some Levi's.

4539076207_d78f65e6f6.jpg

hangin out ontop of a church am boden see!

4513631846_0e005167b0.jpg

4539076607_741088bf08.jpg

we went to Munich for a few days - hit up the Augustiner (best food and beer)

4539077359_6663223d28.jpg

and the Hofbrauhaus (super tourist trap - ran into a guy wearing my college's T-shirt from NC.) in the same day

4539108689_83a3388e5d.jpg

on our 2nd Liter at the hofbrauhaus. we made friends with some really drunk swiss who eventually got thrown out.

4539108815_87dee02f1d.jpg

went to Austria the next day - a very hung over train ride for some.

4512989231_9f5a11b135.jpg

checked out Neuschwanstein on the way back to Konstanz - cool but filled with americans and other non germans.

4539712842_8d5db14d4b.jpg

went to Meersburg outside of Konstanz for an easter concert

4539083273_46f2b6c8dc.jpg

had a picnic - found this kid - and our danish friend Anna had gotten into town a couple days ago.

4539141827_2908cf11ef.jpg

in Freiburg checkin out the awesome view from this tower.

theres more, but I'm tired.

nice! i grew up south from Freiburg, hope you had a good time seeing all the history and culture stuff in germany!

when you were in munich did you visit the Paulaner Keller? it's a really great beer hall with an awesome atmosphere

My sunday started with an open manhole:

DSC_5804.JPG

Then we walked through a space in the wall...

DSC_5805.JPG

Walked down a large stairway

DSC_5814.JPG

And found some old batteries:

DSC_5808.JPG

In an old abandoned tunnel!

4539763280_0b45fd072e.jpg

I went on the Brooklyn Atlantic Avenue Tour with about 80 other people - it's the oldest subway tunnel in the world, and was basically abandoned from 1860 until it was found in the 80s. They run tours of it not all that frequently (once a month or so), and I went down.

Here are all the people walking with flashlights:

4539154403_34f754a5df.jpg

At the end of the tunnel, there's a blocked up wall that apparently has a steam powered locomotive behind it

4539791730_68b78f5459.jpg

The guy running the tour went on for about 2 hours about what was in that tunnel, I honestly stopped paying attention at one point (he really really liked the sound of his own voice) - the things that are apparently in there are mind blowing - and you can go to for the low price of $25!

so on the third day of melbourne we didn't get to do much since it was easter. not being the religious kind, we spent the morning heading out for a fantastic breakfast. if i had to think about one nice thing i liked the most about melbourne, it was the breakfast. the amazing breakfasts were always good.

we went to this place called issus cafe for breakfast.

_MG_1866.jpg

the girlfriend had the minestrone soup with bread on the side.

_MG_1870.jpg

feeling a little too much from an oily meal the day before, i decided to clean up a bit and had yoghurt topped with fresh fruit.

_MG_1953-1.jpg?t=1271918554

after our meals, we were kind of not filled up and felt like we had to have something more, so we went down a street to get a 3 egg omelette, stuffed with tomatoes, mushroom and sausages. this was amazing, the egg was done perfectly.

headed over to brunswick where i didnt get to take many shots since most of the shops were closed, but there was this queer shop we went into which had all kinds of weird stuff. they had dentist chairs, dentist lights, test tubes, military bag reissues, animals soaked in weird liquid and quite possibly anything you couldn't think of. loved the shop and its concept but didnt buy anything there.

_MG_1874.jpg

good looking bag which was priced at 85AUD if i didnt remember wrongly. sturdy as hell but since i was kind of on a budget i had to pass on these.

_MG_1876.jpg

cool basket which had a ton of light bulbs in there. looked like a good photo op moment so just had to do it. creative people these are.

_MG_1879.jpg

picture of the store itself. pretty queer but cool place.

had a bit more to walk around but there wasn't many things to take pictures of and i was kind of too lazy to continue, so booooo.

adjourned for dinner after that where we bought our friend a meal to thank her for the hospitality and having us over. ate at this place called old kingdom in melbourne which was recommended to us. known for its pekking duck, it was 55AUD a duck which came cooked in 3 courses, the first being wrapped in the skin which is the typical way of eating it, stuffed together with spring onions and braised sauce. the second way was having them stir fried with chinese noodles and the third was to use what was left of the remaining meat to boil to a soup.

it was only my second time having it in my life. loved it.

_MG_1919.jpg

this was the first way of eating it minus the spring onions. wasnt a fan of onions. haha.

_MG_1918.jpg

how the whole duck deboned would look like.

didn't get more pictures after that since we were too engrossed with the food but all in all it was a good meal. had a nice long walk home after that in the breezy weather. kind of missing melbourne all over again.

NO market this weekend. But my jeans went to Oxford with a friend who needed moral support while watching Lou Reed perform Metal Machine Music.

THis photo makes more sense than the show. I kinda enjoyed it: like watching clouds float overhead and wondering what they mean.

lou.jpg

Same weekend I spent cleaning this up. An old box I saw outside a nearby shop, £30 ($45). Stripped off the old wax but left all the dents, nicks and stains.

abox.jpg

I'd bought it so the g/f could keep her shoes in it. She looked rather sniffy at the prospect.

insidethebox.jpg

So... here's what ended up in there. Pulled everything out of the various boxes under the bed... these are my old Euro 601 orange tag, and the Type 1. Terrific, under-rated jeans.

601andtype1.jpg

Deniminthebox.jpg

WE had another trip to the seaside this week but no time to take photos. Sorry papoose, who so kindly repped me recently. Looking forward to seeing your shots, bro. THis shot is nearlythe right one for ya...

peaceman.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the nipper is getting better at spotting the bargains than me. Last time I was in here I got a Tootal scart down from £15 to £12. He tried on a bunch of hats, finds one his size (large head, like his father), for £6. Gets given it. For 'nowt.

Cheers, RIckey on Cheshire St, just off Brick Lane. e has some more, excellent Tootal in stock right now, too.

rickey.jpg

Paul

Thanks for the nice rep, will give some back when I can.

Your 'denim box' is nice (new thread idea?) - You should line it.

I used to have two nice 1930's suitcases, but had to sell last year. My present collection are compacted into a suitcase my Dad gave me (bought in 1960). Gonna have to shrink it down a little..time for a purge.

:)

Today my jeans worked in a garden with an occupied hummingbird nest.

4544720412_496cd43d42_o.jpg

4544087621_0b35426cc3_o.jpg

4544720446_87860176ca_o.jpg

Nice shots, This Sunday & PaulT. Paul, funny how that box you got for your GF's shoes turned out to be sort of an awkward shape for shoes, but perfect for folded-in-half jeans. Maybe a vacuum cleaner for her next birthday?

out in minneapolis today shooting at an abandoned flour mill...located by one of my favorite places to go here on a nice day, great views of the city, close to a great running / walking trail, and some great bars as well along Main St.

shot until dark, and tried to distill the shots from today to just a few that I personally liked alot, and give you all some idea of just how fucking cool this place is.

IMG_8717-Version2.jpg?t=1271992652

IMG_8783-Version2.jpg?t=1271993342

IMG_8758-Version2.jpg?t=1271992730

IMG_8797-Version2.jpg?t=1271992758

IMG_8774-Version2.jpg?t=1271993057

IMG_8734-Version2.jpg?t=1271992819

IMG_8837-Version2.jpg?t=1271992856

IMG_8846-Version2.jpg?t=1271992940

IMG_8789-Version2.jpg?t=1271992976

IMG_8897-Version2.jpg?t=1271993008

obligatory denim shot is in its appropriate WAYWT thread...

peace super-futurists.

-Z-, maybe your best barrage to date. Do you ever show prints of your photos in gallery space? if not, you should seriously consider it. The detail shots in this series are amazing- arrow, glass shard, lock, all so well composed.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the nipper is getting better at spotting the bargains than me. Last time I was in here I got a Tootal scart down from £15 to £12. He tried on a bunch of hats, finds one his size (large head, like his father), for £6. Gets given it. For 'nowt.

Cheers, RIckey on Cheshire St, just off Brick Lane. e has some more, excellent Tootal in stock right now, too.

You a fan of Tootal, Paul?

There is a shop in Wood Green/Bowes Park that has tons of Tootal in the window. I took some snaps as the state of the stuff was hilarious, but i'd wager the duffer who owns the shop has piles of deadstock inside.

1.jpg

2.jpg

W...T...F....

3.jpg

Max Bygraves anyone?

4.jpg

please bear with my last bout of food pictures from the melbourne trip, i promise i wont be doing much more food posts.

on the last day of our stay in melbourne, we decided to have it easy, no last minute shopping, no crazy rush to go to every place that we haven't been to, but just to take things easy, waking up at whatever time our bodies felt like. it was nice to take a break from our usual crazy hectic lives.

_MG_1780.jpg

table six for the hungry couple

_MG_1790.jpg

woke up feeling hungry and decided to have the issus big breakfast. eggs, beans, sausages, bacon, toast and mushrooms, how could anybody go wrong with this, all washed down with a glass of nice freshly squeezed orange juice(no vis)?

_MG_1791.jpg

girlfriend had a simpler breakfast with just he bacon, toast and sausages but still equally extravagant. i love this place. issus cafe, how i miss you.

_MG_1832.jpg

had time and decided to go down to the NGV(National Galleries Victoria). as usual they had the european art, asian art as well as a few other impressive exhibits that i didnt manage to get any images of but there was this particular section exhibiting hokusai's artwork. it was pretty amazing and i loved it. here is one of the most famous works, the great wave off kanagawa. loved all the prints there including the thirty-six views of mount fuji.

_MG_1843.jpg

explored more and found this small little exhibit called drapes which featured some of the most popular designers. wasnt really my kinda thing but this caught my eye. lovely dress, amazing shape and silhouette. great detailing.

_MG_1844.jpg

yes, it was by Rei Kawakubo, these amazing japanese people. what amazing hands they have and an eye for design aesthetics.

_MG_1855.jpg

being 23 and never having had the chance to have high tea in my life, i went straight ahead with it and wow it was a really nice experience. i dont like coffee at all and wow the tea they served at the museum was amazing. so were all the pretty little cakes. would do it all over again.

_MG_1859.jpg

ended the trip in melbourne with dinner before the flight at this japanese restaurant in chinatown. it was burried in this mall and the food was really value for money. katsudon was really nice with the chicken and pork cutlets being fried to perfection.

_MG_1860.jpg

girlfriend had sushi bento box which was pretty fresh by my standards. great food at a great price.

the trip to melbourne was pretty amazing and anybody who wants to visit melbourne should free up some space in their jawnz to get ready for a bout of exciting food.

Paul, funny how that box you got for your GF's shoes turned out to be sort of an awkward shape for shoes, but perfect for folded-in-half jeans. Maybe a vacuum cleaner for her next birthday?

Beautiful photos, roy.

All I'm saying is, she had her chance, but she who snoozes, loses.

Hey Paul T., is the cap your kid is wearing from bates in london town? i may have the exact same one!

they are lovely - this one is vintage, marked Haymarket, from the shop in Cheshire St in the photo. He has lots of good caps, but mainly aournd 57cm, too small for my big head.

You a fan of Tootal, Paul?

There is a shop in Wood Green/Bowes Park that has tons of Tootal in the window. I took some snaps as the state of the stuff was hilarious, but i'd wager the duffer who owns the shop has piles of deadstock inside.

I love the scarves - if they have any nice ones, wouldn't mind ventruing up there. I have been looking to replace a purple paisley one i lost, for a few years. Mmmm, could stock up on my Max Bygraves, too. Love the photos - I have noticed, shops run by nutters like that, often ask insane prices, too...

-Z-, maybe your best barrage to date. Do you ever show prints of your photos in gallery space? if not, you should seriously consider it. The detail shots in this series are amazing- arrow, glass shard, lock, all so well composed.

ok, long wordy post coming but...

thanks for the kind words and + rep guys. for this set and all prior.

to answer your question roy...

not yet. i'm trying to juggle my first post university "real job" while trying to fine tune exactly what I want "my" photography to be. i'm using this as a fun way to spew my photos, while throwing them at proper channels in minneapolis to try to get my name out there, while working with an old professor of art history (that was my degree, a bit worthless without a PhD...) with a passion for modern photography to try and schedule some showings / and a potential publication (fingers crossed on that one). but so far, nothing yet. i'm content right now just doing it for myself. but i am very close to taking the next step, a bit lost to be honest. I'm never really tried to output my creativity this way before and its a TON of work. I really appreciate all of the comments and feedback I get here, and for me its just a fun place to throw up a lot of pictures.

plus, it IS what my jeans do quite often...haha.

today my jeans went to a kids play night at a local university. lots of games, coloring, music, and other fun things for kids to do. the little one loved it. so did i, she's growing up fast! i have pics but am too burned out from work (i passed up a promotion today because I didn't want to move to Milwakee) to do shit.

so i'm drinking PBR (ironically from Milwakee, lol) and gonna watch some of "The Pacific"...

Not exactly a very extensive post, but tonight I wore this,

2i6nr4x.jpg

Uniqlo-PBJ-Cons

And went to Sonar in Baltimore to see The xx live. The show was absolutely surreal, sounded incredible live. Anyone who listens to them needs to see them live, and anyone who doesn't listen to them, needs to.

e1ar9k.jpg

155j4mw.jpg

Sorry for cell phone quality pics