edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ that lighter, my friend, is the gayest thing i've ever seen.

LMAO i know. i was bored alright. rainy days in hawaii are especially depressing.

oh, edit: does it make it less gay if i say its a HUF lighter inside? actually probably not. :/ more gay im guessing. disregard what i said.

and e-fistbump to whoever repped me and said "diy unite".

dang...i wouldn't mind getting the dragonfly but they dont ship outside the US.

killzone.ca has the dragonfly for $80 CAN...ridiculous

anyone know of any dealers that will ship to canada without having to spend at least $100?

Getting knives in Canada is a pain dude. Some dealers like knifeworks or knifecenter will ship to canada, but with fees of 25-30usd, so unless you order a lot it's not worth it.

Your best bet is a us proxy or ebay.

M4D6E2Z-zWY

Take notes!

this is exactly what i think when i see you guys with all your knifes and flashlights.....90% of you live in a non rural area so do you really need that shit?

I mean a fuckin flashlight? what are you walkin through the woods on the daily or something? or 3 knifes for that matter....I think most of you with or without a knife would have no clue how to use it properly if assaulted anyways let alone if it got taken away from you in an altercation.

Then we have the assorted crayola pen packs.....don't even get me started on that. Last time i checked a pen was to write, so choose a nice one, put it in your pocket or bag and carry on!!!

RANT DONE

The boy scout motto is 'Be prepared' and that's what I like to be. Could I make it through the day without a knife and flashlight? probably. Am I more comfortable and know that if I need a knife or light i have one? definitely.

It's a 'better have it and not need it than need it and not have it' type of deal.

As for the BOB, I used to live in Iowa City, fairly decent sized college town. The river was flooding all week and we were working filling sand bags and all that stuff, I wake up one morning, start walking down the street (i lived in an apartment about 60 feet above the river so I wasn't worried about flooding) and all the sandbags were overrun by the flood. I was about to be trapped in be the flood water if I didn't evac. Since I was ready with a BOB it took me about 10 minutes to get the hell out of there. If I wasn't as well prepared, I could have been stuck for about a week.

You can also use a light for stupid stuff like finding something you dropped, looking for an address, or leaving a beezy's apartment in the middle of the night without waking her up.

I can't tell you the number of times a friend has asked me to use my knife, my leatherman, or my flashlight. So for me it's worth it to carry all that stuff.

this is exactly what i think when i see you guys with all your knifes and flashlights.....90% of you live in a non rural area so do you really need that shit?

I mean a fuckin flashlight? what are you walkin through the woods on the daily or something? or 3 knifes for that matter....I think most of you with or without a knife would have no clue how to use it properly if assaulted anyways let alone if it got taken away from you in an altercation.

Then we have the assorted crayola pen packs.....don't even get me started on that. Last time i checked a pen was to write, so choose a nice one, put it in your pocket or bag and carry on!!!

RANT DONE

counter arguments to internet interests are like assholes, you are one.

RANT DONE

you have an uninformed, limited perception of what utility flashlights and knives really offer

you think a flashlight can ONLY be used outdoors? you think a knife is ONLY for killing somebody?

those are really immature and silly ideas, and it's even more silly for you to bash people for your own ignorance.

nobody is forcing you to read this shit, nobody is forcing you to buy this shit. i made this thread because unlike MOST OTHER THINGS ON SUPERFUTURE, this shit is ACTUALLY USEFUL and could potentially save your life if you would have an open freakin mind and gave it a chance. There have been countless posts in this thread where people who got into EDC have said that whatever they carried actually helped them in their daily lives. Isn't that worth it in itself?

When was the last time a pair of common projects bailed you out of something?

that may be besides the point but please, take your negativity elsewhere.

RANT DONE

Actually, I would use a flashlight as my first (and probably only) form of defense. I don't know combat knife fighting and therefore wouldn't pull it out. My main goal is to get away, not stab/maim/kill anyone. It would have to be a pretty fucked up situation for me to be mentally able to use a knife on someone knowing what the outcome could be.

On that note, the knife is more utilitarian (breaking down boxes, cutting things, anything you would need a sharp edge for)

and finally, to all the people who question all this stuff, do you plan to get rid of your fire extinguisher because you don't put out kitchen fires on a daily basis?

i made this thread because unlike MOST OTHER THINGS ON SUPERFUTURE, this shit is ACTUALLY USEFUL

I would have to say that this is sounding an awful lot like the statement Citizen made about EDC. I am all for EDC, whether you use it, like the design aspect, or have some other reason that is totally unrelated to emergency, but that being said, I'm sure all the other users following all the other threads on Superfuture are probably finding some usefulness to it, otherwise they simply would not be here, like you said no one is forcing anyone to do anything.