edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

my unexciting edc stuff

img1664c.jpg

-old ass palm centro with a tank of a case

-wallet i made a long time ago

-various guitar picks for coin pocket

-zebra sharbo+1 (its a black bp, red bp, and .05mm pencil)

-burts

-small rhodia

-kershaw minibiner with utilikey and crappy light from dealextreme

also heres various pens and pencils i keep in my backpack (can you tell I had an order from jetpens?)

img1670.jpg

i generally don't like to include the kiss or peck to people unfamiliar with knives because it's an exposed blade and most people are dumb and will complain about it. Hrmm, i don't even have a M16 on there. i'll update tomorrow to show CRKT some love.

Haha, after a few cuts you're good to go....

Can't rep...

amar, fck you first of all, i write reaction mechanisms and differential equations with pencil. people also draw in pencil too!

seksu, i think amar is using hi-polymer AiR lead in his. I use uniball SHU diamond infused diamond shiet for the same price, but I've had my 0.5mm lead snap twice in my uniball shift. i think it's a combination of the narrow lead guides on drafting pencils + fine diameter lead + heavy hand rage from drawing mechanisms.

FWIW my 0.7mm uniball shu in my sharbo X has never snapped on me during use. i wanna try out one of those kuru togas, and maybe an ohto promecha if they ever sell them in black again...

oh, and another thing, i went with the shift because it can shift to protect the lead guide. i'd hate for it to get bent or something if its unprotected, like the kurutoga. the shift and sharbo can hide/protect the lead guides just fine :)

ps: i thought your blog was called "blanke trash" for the longest. i prefer blanke trash to blanket rash. and ur blog is great ^^;~

amar, fck you first of all, i write reaction mechanisms and differential equations with pencil. people also draw in pencil too!

seksu, i think amar is using hi-polymer AiR lead in his. I use uniball SHU diamond infused diamond shiet for the same price, but I've had my 0.5mm lead snap twice in my uniball shift. i think it's a combination of the narrow lead guides on drafting pencils + fine diameter lead + heavy hand rage from drawing mechanisms.

FWIW my 0.7mm uniball shu in my sharbo X has never snapped on me during use. i wanna try out one of those kuru togas, and maybe an ohto promecha if they ever sell them in black again...

oh, and another thing, i went with the shift because it can shift to protect the lead guide. i'd hate for it to get bent or something if its unprotected, like the kurutoga. the shift and sharbo can hide/protect the lead guides just fine :)

ps: i thought your blog was called "blanke trash" for the longest. i prefer blanke trash to blanket rash. and ur blog is great ^^;~

if i were to get a multi it'd definitely be a sharbo, but i like having seperate pens and pencils for seperate colours

i think im just gonna get the 0.5mm kuru toga. ive been using this 0.5mm hipolymer lead from pentel (aus brand?) throughout my shchool life and never had an issue. 0.7mm is too fat for me ;(

i am going to buy super many colourful pens and pencils before uni starts and be supernerd... sighing at myself:(

hah and yeah ltos of people mistake my blog's name. i like your korean girls :333 your blog is my gateway in to kpop (SOOMPI)

i think amar is using hi-polymer AiR lead in his. I use uniball SHU diamond infused diamond shiet for the same price, but I've had my 0.5mm lead snap twice in my uniball shift. i think it's a combination of the narrow lead guides on drafting pencils + fine diameter lead + heavy hand rage from drawing mechanisms.

i'm still on the stock kuru toga lead, haven't whipped out the uniball hi-density lead yet. i don't write very hard at all, but even when I was trying to break it, I had to consciously write HARD on in my book to make it break. unless you're an angry writer I don't see a reason to avoid the 0.3mm

Haha, after a few cuts you're good to go....

Can't rep...

I've actually never cut myself on my peck or kiss, (I've only cut myself once, with my first SAK within the first 10 minutes of me getting it when I was 12, i learned very quickly that sharp knives are sharp) but most people don't 'get' them.

I also love wanna-be bad-asses that pull out their shitty gas station knife and think it's cool, even though the edge is as sharp as a pair of scissors, noobs.

I'll update list when I'm not on slow school internet.

beautiful!

Nice!

274686154_tp.jpg

any opinion on higonokami? (traditional japanese folder)

really love the look and i was thinking of picking one up.

I see them as the japanese equivalent of Opinel.

Cheap, sturdy...classic?

I got a damascus one on it's way right now, should get it this week if everything goes well... I'll update once it arrives :)

Here's the other knife I tried to post yesterday that I received along with my Snody. Sorry for poor pic, only have my cellphone with me.

IMG00112-20100125-1710.jpg

It's the spyderco khukuri, an Ed Schempp design. I think I prefer exotic shapes when it comes to edc knives, and this one really nailed it for me. It had everything I wanted; good steel with full flat grind, olive G10 handles, liner lock and full open back construction. I originally wanted the Lum chinese folder, but I read some complaints about it on the spyderco forums and decided to go for this one.

I'll admit it's quite bigger than I expected, mostly cause I read the "edge lenght" instead of "blade lenght" on the online specs (there's a good unedged chunk as you can see)

The only downside to this knife IMO is the finger notch, which really gets in the way if you try to flick it open, forcing you to open it with a full finger motion, spydey drop or a strong wrist flick. But on the other hand, it provides great ergonomics, allowing you to grip the knife in many different ways.

Overall, a near perfect edc blade for me.

i think its super funny that the ultratech is a no no cause of the OTF opening, but those serated spydercos can get carried legit, those looks like fucking ANIMALS... you pull that on me, im walking the other way unless i got a gun... running... lol

274686154_tp.jpg

any opinion on higonokami? (traditional japanese folder)

really love the look and i was thinking of picking one up.

I see them as the japanese equivalent of Opinel.

Cheap, sturdy...classic?

I had one of these a few years back that I loved. I wouldn't necessarily make the comparison to an Opinel as opinels are cheaper (I think my opinel was 4.50 while the higonokami was at least 25 or 30) and, the big thing: higonokami knives don't lock, while opinels do. Which is something I learned to live with, but after years of carrying locking knives it took a little getting used to. Anyhow, get one and post photos. I'm still pissed I lost mine...