edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I work in a Vespa dealership and, while I wouldn't ride my own bike this time of year, my boss is off for vacation which means I get to ride his around for a week.

You can now add to my EDC a white Arai helmet, Spidi leather cloves, Spidi balaclava... and like 3 extra layers of clothing. Pictures to come.

I wish I could do weapons at my school.... We have a DIY class next year where you can do anything you want.

My first 3 ideas were:

Knife

Crisis Card

Brass Knuckles

You can imagine how that shit got denied...

Doing one of those overpriced things would earn me 50% at most because it's so simple...

Hey, has any one used a pocket flash light (Quark or some shit) for biking?

I've thought of attaching it to the stem, top tube or helmet.

WATCHA THINK?

there are various one-fits-all type attachments for dedicated flashlights that hook onto your handlebars. i believe dealextreme has some.

Every time I open this thread and see those rainbow colored Atwoods and imagine all the middle aged men slamming F5 on their keyboards with their wallets and cocks out while they're supposed to be working makes me smh, smh so much.

Lozinski--I clipped my Quark123 to the brim of a New Era a few nights ago and it worked fine. I was afraid of dazzling passing drivers though, haha.

EDC saved my ass tonight. Was riding down to UPS when I noticed my crank arm was totally loose. Was able to tighten it up with my leatherman, put some more tension on the tire with atwrench and make it home.

I dig the aesthetics of those titanium atwrenches but I'm not about to be dropping 70 bucks for something I already have. Only thing I'm interested in that's in the pipeline is the return of the fixer knife.

IMG_0527.JPG

Kind of a pocket dump with a little extra.

Arai SZM Helmet (Hand Made In Japan)

Spidi Leather Motorcycle gloves

Leatherman Wave

Nixon Ring

Grad Ring

Keys w/ skeleton key bottle opener

Gold coloured crappy pen

Billikirk wallet

Iphone

Hillside Bandana

1939 WW2 Royal Navy Riggers Knife

Etymotic earphones

uh so i just woke up from a dream where i edc'ed a silenced m9. too much modern warfare 2 and too much edc thread.

m9 with knife is totally dope, but i stopped playing because my left middle finger started losing feeling :(

the control is just too awkward to hold.

Hey, has any one used a pocket flash light (Quark or some shit) for biking?

I've thought of attaching it to the stem, top tube or helmet.

WATCHA THINK?

I've mounted my ezaa to my helmet a few times. It really lit up the road. Pretty wild actually. That's kinda why I'm wanting a light with a strobe mode now.

There's this mount on deal extreme. link

sku_31871_1.jpg

And fenix makes one too. link

tonight was the first night i could really say i absolutely could not have done without my flashlight. one of my headlights were out so i bought a new one and planned to replace it in the morning. but on my way home at 3am (i was an hour away from home) my second damn headlight went out. only problem was i was alone and my hood doesn't stay open by itself. had my back holding up my hood, had my lanyard in my mouth with the light shining down and i was able to swap it out in a couple minutes.

also that g500 or m500 will most likely be mine pending specs.

errrday-carry-01.23.2009-1.jpg

-Gerber Trendy (Pear Wood Inlay) Knife

-CASH MONEY

-Clean&Clear Oil & Dirt Removing Wipes

-2nd x Red Moon Long Wallet with Rein (not pictured)

-Blistex DCT

-Petz'l Am'D Locking Carabiner (screw-lock)

-[on the carabiner] Fenix LD01 Flashlight

-[on the carabiner] Gerber Serrated Ridge Knife

-[on the carabiner] SanDisk 2.0 GB Cruzer

-[on the carabiner] BaseControl Dr. Bacty Anti-Bacterial Towel

-[on the carabiner] Keys... DUH

-Luminox 3051 "BLACKOUT"

-Canon PowerShot S90 with Richard Franiecs Grip

-MUJI aluminum cardholders x 2 (1 skinny, 1 fat)

-MUJI Leather Coin/Card Holder:

-Nokia E71

-MoleSkine Volante

-MoleSkine Ruled Notebook Pocket

-MUJI Gel Pens

-Pilot G2

errrday-carry-01.23.2009-2.jpg

I've got the DX one, or something very similar to it. Just received it this week, but since its been raining, I haven't tested it out yet. Here it is mounted with my eos a3.

IMG_6021.jpg

how well does it actually grip the light? looks like just a tightening nylon strap that constricts the body of the light, but does it slip easy?

It might slip even less if he tried to clip the light onto the strap as well rather than having the strap constrict the clip down like that.

BTW, if you guys are looking to buy lights/EDC gear in the near future, I urge you to wait if you can because SHOT show is finishing up and lots of companies are promoting their new offerings

here's eagletac's new lights, looks like they're trying to compete with 4sevens by adding some personal EDC lights with a bit of a tactical feel:

eagletac.jpg