edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ yeah in hindsight i probably should have made that a bit more specific, but i mean i can see the utility in the bicyclettes thread, photography, bags, leather goods etc

sometimes i dont see the point of bless capes etc, but i wrote that in sort of a counter-rage so i apologize if i made the same mistake

but anyway, carry on with edc.. no point in arguing over the internet

in other news this is a really nice looking knife, kinda like the sebenza:

tumblr_kx3xwiOoXj1qzs0p3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_kx3xz1TyER1qzs0p3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_kx3xvyVGm01qzs0p3o1_500.jpg

I just don't understand the ranting from people that don't understand EDC. It's like the people that say you can go to Target or Walmart and get a pair of jeans that look almost the same as Samurai's. Not a perfect analogy, but different people value different things.

I have been carrying a skeletool, leatherman wave and knife before I found about this thread and they have all been very handy throughout the years. Just everyday, it's nice to have a sharp knife to cut boxes, open packages, cut up fruit. The multi-tool especially the screwdriver has been used many times to fix little things that break, removing small screws, the Wave even has an eye glass screw driver, it's that small.

Because of this thread I've started carrying a flashlight and several times this month its come in handy. I was with my friend going up to her apartment and the light in the hallway was out, so I could easily light the stairs. At a bar, someone dropped their keys and they got kicked around, so I lit up the floor to help find it. It's also nice to have it handy if you are looking for something in the back of the closet or under a piece of furniture.

The whole idea with EDC, is to carry useful tools to help deal with unexpected problems. We of the superfuture ilk, believe something functional can also be well designed.

^ i don't understand it either. i don't go into other threads i know nothing about and start bashing.. :\

and your last point about well-designed functionality is really important too.. what i like about the superfuture EDC thread as opposed to going to other sites dedicated for EDC is that superfuture tends to offer/factor in aesthetics in addition to utility, which makes things more interesting. so thanks to all who have steezy edcs who contribute!

M4D6E2Z-zWY

Take notes!

Besides the satire...i have this pack and it sucks for school. I happily filled out that recent backpack survey someone posted up on here and its just wide enough to carry 1 textbook + 1 binder + macbook. I think I'll just get a northface recon, I need side pouches for a water bottle since I ruined my moleskin because I didn't close my canteen tightly enough and it was in one of the main compartments. Le sigh.

or 3 knifes for that matter....I think most of you with or without a knife would have no clue how to use it properly if assaulted anyways let alone if it got taken away from you in an altercation.

this part is actually very true. without proper training, teh bad guy can easily take your knife and use it against you.

with that said, i open boxes and stuff more than i cut people.

selling my atwood metwrench. i got this thinking it'd be a nice pocket bike tool, but it just doesn't have the leverage needed. only used to try and take off a wheel bolt once. this was the normal finish he sold around xmas, not the bead blasted one.

$75 shipped. or i'd trade for a black leatherman 831105.

blastedmetwrench.jpg

Really? That's the reason I got it and I've used it a few times to take out both my front and rear wheel with it. Haven't had to use my foot to stomp it, but read that works also if you can't get it to budge.

this part is actually very true. without proper training, teh bad guy can easily take your knife and use it against you.

with that said, i open boxes and stuff more than i cut people.

they say a stick is better than a knife in a fight

unless you carry a blade that is machete-sized, most EDC-sized knives are more of a liability than an advantage in a physical altercation

My CRKT Kiss fits perfectly in my coing pocket as well.

Confirmed.

My original purchasing plan while in the heat of this thread was:

Leatherman Multi-Tool, probably a Juice Xe6

Quark Mini 123

Lanyard or some shit

Retractable Pen

Now I'm at:

Maybe Quark Mini 123

MAYBE Retractable Pen

Thank god I promised myself not to buy anything before 2 weeks of chilling out...

Great Thread

I do have a crazy EDC goodie in my bag at all times I'll have to share with you guys soon!

Last night I realized I'd lost my usb flash drive for the second time. I carry a 16gb that is attached to (apparently) very cheaply-made links. Both times, the links have opened up at the seam and broken apart. Hopefully my flash drive is just laying somewhere in my lady friend's house like last time. If I do find it again, any suggestions on what to use to attach it to a keychain loop more securely?

Anyone know where I can find a straight edge, bk mini grip (like the Cabela version) for less than retail? I'm not really familiar with any resellers/forums.

On a side note, selling a bunch of NIB blades: Gerber Trendy BK, CKRT Badger, CRKT Hissatsu assisted, and a Kershaw Blackout. PM me for more info or pics.

$93 is about the same as the Cabela retail (which they still have in stock) with shipping. Thanks for the help tho.

And yeah, iirc, didn't you want the OD Olive handled one, Amar? Thought that requesting the OD black would yield different results. Dah well.