edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

been lurking this thread a while, never posted nething cuz i didnt have a knife yet lol but finally got one, thanks mlproject

well heres my bag dump

IMG_0679.jpg

i carry all this in an incase p-rod skate pack lx everyday, which is why i think its fair to post all of it lol.

the only thing i have on my body are my wallet and key/flashlight

newayz

things of interest.

knife-leatherman expanse e33t

flashlight- titanium preon 1

two ipods- one for use while in transit and the other for actual skating use

phone- yuna haptic

"spray" bottle is like sprayable bengay

toothbrush for when i stay over at someones house, i cant go to sleep without brushing my teeth first >.<

notebook contains nothing but korean language notes

and in the side pockets of my backpack are shit load of coins for drinks from vending machines

Alright, finally received my higo so here are some pics and thoughts as promised.

The knife is actually a handmade custom or semi-custom (depending on your definition) from japanese master Ichiro Hattori. This is the short version, with a blade barely over 2 inches. The markings on the handle also have an actual meaning; the signature of the maker

DSC_0041.jpg

Unlike lots of higonokami, this one ain't some cheap, mass produced knife. 60 layers of stainless steel and nickel on each side are used to produce Hattori's famous 121 layer damascus and help protect the Cowry-x core, a steel in the same league as ZDP-189 and widely considered superior to VG10, S30V, etc. The edge is zero ground, meaning the sharpness is unrivalled.

DSC_0043.jpg

I remember someone stating that an higo would be a bad EDC choice as it could open in your pocket on its own, but this one is extremely tight and requires a great amount of pressure to open. The silk wrap can also be used to secure the blade in place if you're really that worried about it.

I realize that an higonokami is meant to be a cheap beater, but like many other people on sufu, I appreciate high craftsmanship and attention to details, so this was only logical choice for me.

Now I doubt I'll be spending any more money on production knives after seeing what guys like Snody and Hattori can do :cool:

yup goinggear.com is pretty awesome. they have very reasonable rates for shipping too. pill fobs there are not only cheap, but with shipping come out to way less than can be found in local stores plus the other corners of the internet. pill fob shipped to hawaii: about $3. lowest price i could find locally $6

For me, I carry around two iPhones because one is cracked to hell, and now I just use it strictly as an iPod.

I used up all the space (8gig) so I just use it strictly as a music/app/old pictures and my new one as a phone/picture media/apps that I would use on a semi daily basis.

And it does kill the battery charge, pretty fast.

I carry both because I'm one of those people that likes having all my music wherever I go. It's hard for me to try and pick and choose which albums to keep on my phone and I don't like having to sync my phone very often. Plus if I feel I'm suddenly in the mood for something specific, and I don't have it on my phone, its heartbreaking. I have a 8gb iphone, 67gb of music. Being prepared concept :)

I picked up my ipod before I picked up my iphone but one of the main reasons I have both is that the iphone runs out of battery too quickly if I'm using it profusely. My ipod is a 80 gb so it definitely hold more than my iphone. Another big reason is what f50fan mentioned below.

This is somewhat related

what are your thoughts/philosophy on redundancy? Can redundancy and minimalism coexist?

I feel like my edc is rather minimalist but I still have 3 knives, 2 flashlights, etc with me...