Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

nice fit runormal. you planning to soak them?

btw i like your place

Thanks! I believe they are preshrunk so I prob won't soak them. Are other 1967 505 people soaking theirs??

Those look really good! Smooth transition from slim fitting jeans into a 'roomier' pair.

Yeah these should be a good transition pair for sure. I'm glad I went with this pair based on your picks, they are really cool jeans.

ummm those are still a slim fit haha

haha yeah I know these are still slim - I've been wearing really slim cuts lately so these actually feel roomier but in general these are def a slim cut jean.

On a quick side note: My father worked for Levis in San Francisco for 28 years or so. One year Levis gave their employees a big book about the 501 jean. The book is pretty cool and on the back cover there is a red tag attached to the book binding. Over Thanksgiving I told him about the contest here and he pulled the book out so I took some photos of it. Here are a few pictures from the book:

Here is the cover:

levi5.jpg

Back Cover with Red Tab on lower right hand side:

levi4.jpg

Close Up: btw it is a real double sided tag which I thought was a nice feature!

levi3.jpg

A page from inside the book:

levi1.jpg

and one more:

levi2.jpg

and a Levi's ad that got me in the mood to break in my jeans!

levi.jpg

Looking through the book this morning got me psyched for the contest!!!

slim fit is different in the sufu world.

Hence the 'quotes' on roomier :P

Crazy I know, but my 67's are the first jeans I've worn in three and a half years that aren't skin tight on the thighs.

To the rest of the world they're slim fit. To me, they're 'roomy'.

I guess fit is just a matter of perspective

Why do u need to soak it??? i thought 505s are sanforized...

Yeah the label says they are preshrunk. I plan to just start wearing them, don't plan on soaking them.

Here is the info from the 1967 505s:

pre-shrunk.jpg

Hi guys,

Glad everyone is excited and ready to start =D First of all I have updated the participant list to the best of my knowledge. Please PM me immediately if your name is not there, as it involves participation in the lottery.

The lottery will be drawn tonight and I will post the results. New participants who join and PM me BEFORE midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time will be added to the lottery draw. After midnight AEST, the lottery will be closed to entry.

In a few hours time, I will be posting a link to a website showing the time and date.

I will also post a code word at this time. This will be in a new thread for pictures only, no chatting in the thread. To chat, please quote the pictures and post in this thread.

To take proof pictures of your unworn jeans, please use the Cultizm invoice receipt that you got with the jeans, write your username and the code word in big clear writing. Take proof pictures of the jeans lying next to your computer screen with the time and date displayed, and the A4 paper next to it.

For those who have asked me via PM, you do not have to start on 1st December. You can take your proof pictures later if you are busy but they will still need to be brand new and unsoaked.

Once you have posted proof pictures which are approved, your username on the first page will be bolded and underlined, indicating that you have officially started the contest.

Thanks all and good luck for the lottery.

Cheers

Joe

Alright I Changed my mind and gave in for a pair if 1915s. Last minute decision.

Pretty stoked.

Quick question; if I need to get my jeans hemmed, how long of a soak or how many soaks should I do to get maximum shrinkage out of the inseam?

Also, does anyone use oil on their leather patches? If so, what kind?

for max shrink I'd give them a 5 min warm hand wash. I'd be concerned with only doing a soak.

But if you are gonna soak I'd do it twice. It makes a big diff. And do it for at least an hour.

I use obenaufs lp on the patch when hot soaking.

Hi guys,

Take proof pictures of the jeans lying next to your computer screen with the time and date displayed, and the A4 paper next to it.

hey wait a minute- i'm not working from a home computer here, i'm using the uni library (my pc is packed up in storage). i was under the impression that we'd be using a newspaper to verify the time and date? can i do this instead, because i'm not taking photos of a pair of jeans in a public space...:confused: