Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

i'm wondering if we should all email the pictures to Joe or someone (Paul T comes to mind) to keep a record of wear on LVCs..

reason being, some of us might eventually drop out of the contest.. and over time, server crashes on photo hosting site or account inactivity or whatever reason, the photos disappear..

one of the goal of the contest is to keep a good record of fading properties of LVC and its various cuts..

One other thing to consider (re: photos) - the Full Count contest was supposed to be documented (as most contests are) and they aren't necessarily over burdened with pictures.

As for image hosting, that's a bit trickier - all images are externally hosted, so we are basically trusting that everyone here won't ever delete pictures they upload to those accounts.

What we could do is set up dedicated accounts (or a single dedicated account) on something like picasa/imgbucket/whatever) and use that. Or we coudl buy webspace and upload images there or something.

my previous suggestion was we setup a wordpress account, PM every contestant the username and password and each one of us create our own unique tag. so each time we post update we will use the same tag to tag the post on the wordpress.

if people wish to check individual progress, just click on the tags ( the tags will be available on the sidebar of the blog) and viola all the updates will appear on the same page.

I can help setup the wordpress if you guys want but im pretty sure there are more tech-advanced guys who are keen to do it...

1st of all, i believe that on Dec 1 we should lock up this thread and start a new one so we dont have to go thru the already 73 pages of nothing...

and i like LC's idea altho i have no clue how to do that.

I would also encourage individual blogs

Another suggestion is to mix joelz's and LC's suggestions and post pictures on Flickr with the same tags... make a big ol' denim version of the mermaid parade.

I'm equally down with the blog idea, so long as we can put (a shitton) of images up there.

Flickr's free accounts allow up to 200 photos hosted on it, so we could do that if we wanted.

Or we could all pony up something and get a pro account to share (tho again, we'd all be able to edit everything - same deal on a blog).

the blog idea is ok for me as well...

are we specifying a maximum interval between updates? on top of that, would we be able to ensure that all participants have access/skills to making their own blog?

It would be nice if we could send our link to Joe and he'll tack that beside our userid on the first page.. as far as the rest of this thread is concerned, we could post pictures freely just like the evo thread

^agreed...its been done in the past and we dont have as many contestants as say the Warehouse or SExDBxS09's....and just basing off those contests and even how many people are posting in here, it doesn't seem like there'll be too much of a post overload...

if we down with the blog idea, i'll try to set one up tonight to see if its good with everyone. i just finished my work project so got some free time on my hands..

posting updates here is still on like other contests but its good to have all the pictures at one place for viewing and documentation purpose :)

All I can really do in terms of updates is post pictures in a sufu thread. If someone wants to take the time to take the pics from this thread and set up a mega blog, that would be awesome.

Also, Joe or someone could make the thread kinda like the "gallery" thread, where the first post links to other posts in the thread.

after seeing giantsdrink fit picks just now I ordered up a pair of the 1967 505s 32x36. giants drink I am 6foot and 170 so I am hoping for a fit close to yours - looks like you have a great fit on them!

Now I am looking forward to FedEx, Thanksgiving, and Dec 1st!!!

after seeing giantsdrink fit picks just now I ordered up a pair of the 1967 505s 32x36. giants drink I am 6foot and 170 so I am hoping for a fit close to yours - looks like you have a great fit on them!

Now I am looking forward to FedEx, Thanksgiving, and Dec 1st!!!

Thanks run!

Your fit should be bang on. I look forward to the fit pics!

(no homo)