Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

Mine were 3" over tagged size. This coincides with Paul T's sizing info for the new season. Got em soaking now. I'll let you know how much they shrink.

My pair of 44s from last season (2008) was also about 2-3" larger than tagged, and shrank about an inch after drying from the first "soak while wearing 10 minutes in the tub," though they stretched back out fiarly soon after moderate wear.

If you want to avoid that, wearing them with a belt worked for me after the second 10 minute warm soak a year later.

I finally threw them in the wash for gentle in cold water, w/o detergent, a couple weeks ago and let them air dry. I like the fit, but definitely still loose around the waist -just takes some getting used to...

I actually prefer the baggier fit (the anti-sufu) and esp. the wider leg openings, for boots and bigger shoes.

wow. maybe i should have gone tts. im a 30 as well but got 32. imo, thats how those jeans are supposed to fit. im jealous lol

i went tts with my 47 too (30), which was starting to worry me since i've tubbed up a little in the past few weeks, but they're actually shaping up quite well. i'm really happy with the fit so far, even if the top button was a bit of a battle to close up. i'll have to wait till they dry completely (about 95% dry now) before i give a complete verdict, but i'm happy to report a minimal antifit so far :)

Mine were 3" over tagged size. This coincides with Paul T's sizing info for the new season. Got em soaking now. I'll let you know how much they shrink.
My pair of 44s from last season (2008) was also about 2-3" larger than tagged, and shrank about an inch after drying from the first "soak while wearing 10 minutes in the tub," though they stretched back out fiarly soon after moderate wear.

I actually prefer the baggier fit (the anti-sufu) and esp. the wider leg openings, for boots and bigger shoes.

Thank you both for the good info! Sounds like if I wanted a post soak 31" that ordering a marked 30" (IRL 32-33) might shrink to a size 31ish

As for the baggier fit: Some of the best looking jeans I have seen have been roomy well worn looking mens jeans that are belted to keep the waist up. The larger waist creates some vertical bends and folds around the waist / crotch area that skinny jeans never get. But, when I try that style myself it feels strange and I end up sizing down again. Only when the jeans aren't mine - like I've had to borrow a pair of larger jeans from someone - by the end of the day I am loving it - it takes some getting used to.

ok.. I did what you guys told me not to do..

I did 2 soaks.. still very baggy..

so I soaked them again, threw them into the dryer... high heat, 90 minutes..

soaked again.. hung dry... hair dryer partially dried..wore damp..

and the results? i'll post pictures later.. but lets just say, I'm a happy camper

**Added pictures**

web.jpg?ver=12597903910001

web.jpg?ver=12597903950001

web.jpg?ver=12597903980001

Thank you both for the good info! Sounds like if I wanted a post soak 31" that ordering a marked 30" (IRL 32-33) might shrink to a size 31ish

As for the baggier fit: Some of the best looking jeans I have seen have been roomy well worn looking mens jeans that are belted to keep the waist up. The larger waist creates some vertical bends and folds around the waist / crotch area that skinny jeans never get. But, when I try that style myself it feels strange and I end up sizing down again. Only when the jeans aren't mine - like I've had to borrow a pair of larger jeans from someone - by the end of the day I am loving it - it takes some getting used to.

My favorite fits are downsized vintage. I could never wear a skinny jean. I am a burly savage though.

Well, after the first 2 hour hot soak they shrank 1.5". I just finished a second 1 hour hot-as-possible tub soak while wearing them (with a fan, a stack of comic books, and like 12 beers). I plan to do one more straight-up hot soak to kill any fake combs, but I imagine they'll net out at the same 1.5" shrinkage.

A benefit to wearing them in the tub is that you can agitate them now and then. I would say a total of about 10-15 minutes of that soak, was me sloshing my legs a bit. Not much dye loss at all. The legs do feel much shorter than after the first soak.

My 33's shrunk more in length then I thought, although not a problem, I'm wondering how much everyone's length shrunk?

plus, i feel like the waist could be tighter, im thinking about doing a boiling soak on just the waist.....

The new sizing kind of pisses me off. I wear a 29-30" waist so in a way I am screwed :/

It is REALLY irritating. I had a chat with an expert, one of the most erudite people I know, on denim and other matters, today, who gave me lots of new information on the XX division, a new LEvi's micro-label which includes LVC - whci from now on should get a lot more TLC.

We did speak about this issue, how on the 1915 and 1955 the oversizing is ridiculous (it's costly for retailers too); he's going to be discussing this.

DO take a look at the LVC thread, which has news about what's happening with the brand - there will be some big changes, especially with the 1901 and earlier jeans.

It is REALLY irritating. I had a chat with an expert, one of the most erudite people I know, on denim and other matters, today, who gave me lots of new information on the XX division, a new LEvi's micro-label which includes LVC - whci from now on should get a lot more TLC.

We did speak about this issue, how on the 1915 and 1955 the oversizing is ridiculous (it's costly for retailers too); he's going to be discussing this.

DO take a look at the LVC thread, which has news about what's happening with the brand - there will be some big changes, especially with the 1901 and earlier jeans.

Awesome Paul, I hope they can make some improvements!

I was checking out the stuff in your signature, it was a great read

Just to add some pictures in here, these are 67's sz 32 x 36.

p1010139.jpg

p1010142x.jpg

I couldn't be happier at how they're turning out so far. I wanted a slim straight fit, and got it exactly. Only thing I'm afraid of, is that the waist will eventually stretch out too much.

giantsdrink---67's should run slightly smaller than tagged size in the waist, like entertainment! said, should stretch to tagged or a little over after 20 or so wears. Looks like you'll be just fine.

The denim feels very solid, very dark sheen and super crispy. I'm stoked on the fit of my 67's, but I feel I should've gotten something more full cut since I have many slim straight jeans. Oh well.. They'll be going in and out of my rotation over the next 2 years anyway.

I couldn't be happier at how they're turning out so far. I wanted a slim straight fit, and got it exactly. Only thing I'm afraid of, is that the waist will eventually stretch out too much.

Looks like an amazing fit on those!

I am in the same boat as far as the waist stretching out. When I tried them on they were nice and tight at the waist but within the first day they were feeling a bit loose! I have them belted tightly at the moment since I like a tight fit and throughout the day it gives a bit.

I am looking forward to having these broken it for summer since they are roomier they should be good for those warm days and should look great with some fades, etc....

can a tailor take the waist in on a pair of jeans without altering the jean too much? I'm nowhere near that point right now, but I am exercising a lot and losing weight and I am thinking down the road in a few months it might be something to look into.

Looks like an amazing fit on those!

I am in the same boat as far as the waist stretching out. When I tried them on they were nice and tight at the waist but within the first day they were feeling a bit loose! I have them belted tightly at the moment since I like a tight fit and throughout the day it gives a bit.

I am looking forward to having these broken it for summer since they are roomier they should be good for those warm days and should look great with some fades, etc....

can a tailor take the waist in on a pair of jeans without altering the jean too much? I'm nowhere near that point right now, but I am exercising a lot and losing weight and I am thinking down the road in a few months it might be something to look into.

did you ever soak them? I know they are sanforized but they will still shrink a little bit. Isn't it like...3% or something?

Guest sneekylyric078
Dont know if this would be appreciated in the photo only thread so ill try it here..

A Study In Cuffs...

Starting with how they look un-cuffed..

_IGP2142.jpg

And for cuffs ill start with the "Classic" cuff..

_IGP2143.jpg

The "Double Cuff"

_IGP2148.jpg

The "Short Cuff"

_IGP2141.jpg

And finally my personal favorite the "Cool Kids in Arizona"

_IGP2151.jpg

Which do you guys prefer?? I wonder if someone in 1933 put this much thought into how they cuff their work pant

What about the double short cuff? That's how I have been wearing my contest 1947's will post pics soon.

did you ever soak them? I know they are sanforized but they will still shrink a little bit. Isn't it like...3% or something?

Yeah I did soak them in HOT water for about an hour and the waist did tighten up about half an inch but stretched right back out after about an hour or two or wearing them. It did take the inseam down from 36.5 to 35.25 which was fine since there was some extra room to loose there.

Dec. 04 Update:

Here are a couple of pre-soak fit pics but unfortunately are much darker than I anticipated. By the time I uploaded them and realised this, they were already shrinking in the tub. I guess the stumpy silouhuette is a decent enough reference.

normal_LVC_contest_-_Dec09_fitpic_front.JPG

normal_LVC_contest_-_Dec09_fitpic_back.JPG

At a glance, they appear to have shrunk close to, if not more than 2" in length, and a quick measurement while damp puts the waist around 30". I still have to try them on, and am too much of a wimp to bear the initial shock of throwing them on damp. :D

normal_LVC_contest_-_Dec09_tub.JPG

Once they're dry, I'll see if I want to try another soak, or leave them as is.

For Reference, as of this evening, my pre/post soak measurements.

pre-soak.

- waist: 32 1/2" (82.6cm)

- front rise: 11 3/4" (29.8cm)

- back rise: 15" (38.2cm)

- upper thigh: 12" (30.5cm)

- knee: 8 5/8" (22cm)

- opening: 8 3/4" (22.4cm)

- inseam: 36 1/8" (91.8cm)

post-soak. (First soak using hot tap water, left overnight)

- waist: 31 1/4" (79.2cm)

- front rise: 11 1/8" (28.2cm)

- back rise: 14 5/8" (37.2cm)

- upper thigh: 11 5/8" (29.5cm)

- knee: 8 1/2 (21.7cm)

- opening: 8 1/2 (21.7cm)

- inseam: 33 7/8" (86cm)

Lost 2 1/4" from the inseam so far. They fit pretty well, but going to do one more hot soak, and hang dry, before getting them hemmed.

In hindsight, I should have possibly gone for the 31" waist, but I am sure these will work out fine. I guess it will have to wait until LVC 2012! :)

im in the market for some boots to go with my LVCs. any ideas for some that would look good with 47's?

the 47 is just loose enough to take on any pair of boots, in my opinion. it gets tricky with really slim cuts, because your boots can come off like clown shoes if the hem is too narrow, but from what i've seen in my 47 so far even the chunkiest boot should work fine, the hem's wide enough to take on the full range of whatever you wanna put on your feet.

if you're worried about boots being too chunky, though, the redwing GT range is just compact enough to pull off with most slim cuts. i wear the 9011 myself, and they work great with my slimmer cuts like the apc ps or a downsized slim jim. i wouldn't be worried with even wearing much heavier boots with the 47 either tho.

the 47 is just loose enough to take on any pair of boots, in my opinion. it gets tricky with really slim cuts, because your boots can come off like clown shoes if the hem is too narrow, but from what i've seen in my 47 so far even the chunkiest boot should work fine, the hem's wide enough to take on the full range of whatever you wanna put on your feet.

if you're worried about boots being too chunky, though, the redwing GT range is just compact enough to pull off with most slim cuts. i wear the 9011 myself, and they work great with my slimmer cuts like the apc ps or a downsized slim jim. i wouldn't be worried with even wearing much heavier boots with the 47 either tho.

ill check out some redwing. but right now im thinking about getting these:

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat2770116&productId=0211_4677

(brown laces of course).

if not, something similar to this style.

btw, how did you size your 47s? i think i should have gone TTS.

^ damn...I'm gonna be straight up brutally honest...you're better off getting at least Red Wings (not implying they're bottom feed) or pretty much anything but those, unless you're really strapped for cash. When it comes to boots, it's better to invest in a quality product that will last you years rather than American Eagle boots...There are tons of alternatives at lower-ish price points to be honest...