Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

^I'd be down for that!

Sorry for not updating alot in the last week, I'm working 14 hour shifts and stuff like that... But I should have at least a couple more updates before my leg ends. I'm also working on a surprise for the world tour, I hope it works out (though by no means will it outdo kixslf and that belt...)

i already think we should send these things out for a second run once the year ends....

that´d be cool. maybe after the first year we can send them back to ryo and hiro and they get some professional repairs done on the jeans to give them strength for the second year.

i also think they´d be really happy to see the jeans irl again.

maybe pomata can ask them for their opinion.

I've got an idea, let's not be wannabe DD+2

we should stop after a year imho, don't milk the cow till it's dry etc... ;)

what if we do it again with the double ware overalls or the bootcut and maybe LHT denim, atleast that would be something different.

Thanksgiving update... I worked from 7AM till 9PM the day before, when I got home I had some of my beers

pb250116.jpg

You kind of have to know what you're doing when pouring Duvel, not the easiest beer to pour. Luckily, I know very well what I'm doing, and I'm grateful for my genuine Duvelglass. Lots of people say that it's nothing but a silly gimmick that Belgian beers all require their own specific glass, but in some cases I really think it makes a noticeable difference...

pb250120.jpg

Thanksgiving day outfit

pb260127.jpg

Some of the food Mrs HaGa spend most of the day preparing

pb260140l.jpg

pb260126.jpg

Sweet potatoes with marshmallows... My favorite...

pb260133.jpg

How I spent most of the day... Drinking beer and watching old movies with Robert Mitchum, Lino Ventura, Richard Widmark...

pb260131.jpg

I did take a break do help cook the bird though

pb260149.jpg

Ate too much of course. A couple of servings of this...

pb260152.jpg

Dessert, a slice of homemade pumpkin pie and a scoop of icecream. Simple perfection...

pb260155.jpg

Thanks for looking... My last updates coming this weekend, then I'm washing them on Sunday and sending them off on Monday. I've worn them not quite everyday, but close, 5-6 days a week...

^Yeah, food was good, and the leftovers will feed me for several more days. Nothing refined about Thanksgiving meals, just lots of it... Not quite the spread aho posted in the FH world tour thread either, but it was just the 2 of us. This year we didn't have the time or money to spare to go visit my in-laws in Michigan or New York...

Quick short update. I know it's early, but we got our christmas tree this weekend. My wife loves christmas, she always gets into the spirit early on...

Shake it to see not too may needles fall off, make sure it's healthy...

pb270159.jpg

Trim it down with a bit. I asked the person if I could do that thing with the chainsaw while they took pictures. Would have been nice actionshots, but they wouldn't let me. Ah well, no tip for you...

pb270163.jpg

Surprised that it actually fit in my Corolla...

pb270166.jpg

Got 'er home safe...

pb270170.jpg

Today I'm having a washday, I'm washing the world tour pants, my fullcounts, and if I have time my sammies. I'll post the pics of that tomorrow as my last update, then send off the jeans as soon as they're dry... I was working on a surprise for the world tour as well, but I'm having some issues with it. I hope I can finish in time...

For those who are interested, the measurements before the lukewarm handwash:

Waist 35.5

Front rise 11.5

Back rise 16.75

Upper thigh 13.25

Inseam 33.25

Okay, here's something I was trying but didn't work out as I was hoping it would. I knew I wasn't going to be able to update much the last week of my leg, so in the first three weeks I tried to get some pics of Nebraska streetstyle, hoping I could post them as sartorialist type updates during the slow times... As it turned out, I didn't get nearly enough. People in Nebraska don't dress very well, or even remotely interestingly even... Here are the 4 I got though.

My friend Josh, carpenter by day, barista by night. Bit of thriftstore hipster style, but I like it anyway...

pb100121.jpg

This is Bruce, he's a welder that was working on some stairs on my building a few weeks ago. I like his Levi's 517 and his polkadot denim workers cap...

pb100122.jpg

pb100123.jpg

His ride...

pb100125.jpg

I forget this guy's name, he's a captain in the National Guard I think, he stops at the coffee house next to my work every morning on his way to the base.

pb130102.jpg

He has a very nice 1991 military issue flight jacket he received when he completed his training.

pb130103d.jpg

pb220111.jpg

My coworker Brandon. Apparantly I talked his ears off about denim, because a couple of months ago he got himself a pair of 501 stf from Sears and he's been wearing them ever since.

pb130105.jpg

pb130110.jpg

He's also wearing his dad's early 70s army boots that look pretty cool with his Levis...

pb130109.jpg

Anyway, could have been a nice idea for the world tour if only I could have found more interesting streetstyle...

Mr HaGa:I just thought I would say that even though you didn't think your lifestyle shots had proven to live up to your expectations

1.) They were pretty cool, as well as insightful to me, because I know nothing about Nebraska.

2.) I appreciate that you're giving everyone the incentive to include a surprise sometime randomly throughout their month.

In fact I think everybody on the tour should do what you have done here, because what may seem mundane and all too common to you guys out there on the west, might not be so common to us on the east. North vs. South and what have you.

I'll stop rambling, just wanted to put in my "two cents"

P.S.- I'm very much enjoying this tour so far and am subscribed to the thread.

Yesderday, washday...

Kind of sad not wearing the Ooes anymore...

pb290126h.jpg

I didn't get around to washing the sammies but I gave both the Ooes and Fullcounts a wash.

pb290122.jpg

The fullcounts went into the machine, but I didn't want to give the Ooes too heavy of a wash, just get them correct to send on, so out came the old tahini bucket.

pb290161.jpg

Lukewarm water and a couple of drops of detergent

pb290162.jpg

And in they go

pb290163.jpg

pb290164.jpg

pb290165.jpg

They are still wet, still drying when I had to go to work. I'll have to send them off first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the delay...

I will also get a new set of measurements before sending them off, looks like they shrank back to about 33.5 in the waist though.

All right, my last update.

The measurements after the wash, before wash in parentheses:

Waist 34 (35.5)

Front rise 11.25 (11.5)

Back rise 16 (16.75)

Upper thigh 12.75 (13.25)

Inseam 33 (33.25)

Here's my last contribution to the World Tour, a little surprise, I put it in the front pocket...

pc010111.jpg

It's a very imperfect prototype, but I work on it a long time, so I sent it along even if I wasn't 100% pleased with the end result...

They took till yesterday afternoon to dry. I just sent them off. They on their way to the Durrty Boy in the Durrty South now, I miss them already...

pc020137.jpg

The tour goes on, wear them in wealth and in health, Durrty Boy. And make us proud! Like Rick James, bitch!

Thanks for looking and for all the great feedback everyone! I've enjoyed the jeans and the experience of being in world tour like this with all these great guys!

pb290117.jpg