Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

I'm working a late shift so I had some time to do some cleaning... Almost as cool as shooting semi-automatic assault rifles, right?!?

pb160102c.jpg

Scrubbing the tub...

pb160103.jpg

Dishes...

pb160105.jpg

Spent some quality time with my new boots. I can smell the snow in the air, it's coming, so I better get my footwear prepared. Applied a coat of Obenauf's heavy duty LP

pb160115.jpg

I just apply it by hand, works the best for me. Boots turned out a little oily and streaky though...

pb160116.jpg

So I hit them a couple minutes each with the hairdryer, this softens the naturally almost solid oils and wax so that it penetrates the leather more easily, and I think it also opens up the pores in the leather which makes it take the oil better...

pb160117.jpg

Wiped off whatever excess was still on the surface...

pb160119.jpg

Ready for winter!

For lunch I went to this rat-infested shithole.

pb160107n.jpg

No atmosphere at all, lousy service, dirty bathrooms...

pb160110.jpg

The food is meh... Except for the cheeseburgers, which are some of the best I've ever had...

pb160111.jpg

And a piece of baklava for dessert, sorry the pic came out blurry, I ate it before I noticed...

Thanks for lookin!

pb160113.jpg

Been a coupe of days, sorry, I've been really busy at work, and I'm afraid it will stay that way till long after my leg in the tour, but I promise I will do my best till the end! When do I have to send these? To Durrty Boy right? If you're reading this send me a pm with your info!

Outfit today

pb1901032.jpg

Lol at my effeminate pinkie finger

pb190106.jpg

Some pics from downtown this morning...

pb1901042.jpg

pb190114.jpg

pb190110.jpg

I was tempted to get a couple of dogs from this here guy

pb190107.jpg

pb190108.jpg

but I had a lunchdate with the missus over here instead

pb190112.jpg

pb190115.jpg

Pretty generic Thai food, but tasty and cheap!

Tom kha gai (chicken soup)

pb190118.jpg

Crab rangoons, my favorite cause it has CHEESE

pb190119.jpg

Pad mee gai (egg noodles, chicken, vegetables)

pb190122.jpg

Thanks for looking

pb190120.jpg

Should have some more updates later today or tomorrow morning...

^It's kind of hit or miss with these things. Some of them work out great, some of them, not so much... The 3 guys before me really set a high standard, which helps to keep me motivated to update on a regular basis. Well that and Aho and his daily monsterupdates in the FH tour....

More from yesterday, didn't have time to upload these till now.

It was a sunny day, I had to get out of town and get away from the stress and aggravation that have plagued me the past week. I packed my book, a blanket and an extra hoodie and drove out to the country

pb200102.jpg

I went to Pawnee Lake, named after the Native-American tribe that inhabited SE Nebraska before the white man came around

pb190123.jpg

pb190124.jpg

pb190104.jpg

On the first nice days of spring and all through the long hot Midwest summer this place is packed. On a crisp and sunny autumn day like this, there's nobody around. Just me and my shadow...

pb190103.jpg

pb190107.jpg

pb190110.jpg

La plage de Nebraska...

pb190105.jpg

It took me quite a while to find the road back...

pb190129.jpg

pb190132.jpg

pb190133.jpg

And in the end I also found the place I was looking for, a small patch of original tallgrass prairie, preserved by the university. This used to be one of the most expansive ecosystems in the world, home of the American Bison. Now it has all been largely developed for corn and soybean agriculture, and only little patches like this and some national parks are left. It was very peaceful, and I saw a beautiful sunset while I was there...

pb190145.jpg

pb190139.jpg

I couldn't take too many pics because of the low sun and the twilight... On clear nights the starlit skies out here in the country are breathtaking as well. I love coming here, especially when I'm stressed out or homesick, it reminds me that Nebraska does have some things to offer...

And speaking of homesickness, on my way back into town I stopped by the winestore for some more remedies for that particular affliction.

pb190151.jpg

At 5 bucks a pop I can't really buy Duvel on a regular basis, but I just needed some. $8 for a 6pack of Stella is pretty ridiculous as well, there's comparable stuff that's much cheaper, but fuck it, right?

Also got some more wine.

pb190152.jpg

That Guenoc Claret on the right has become my staple red wine. Very versatile, mellow, but probably frowned upon by real connaisseurs... Ah well...

That was it for now, thanks for looking and for all the great feedback! I'll have more this weekend probably.

Good Stuff! Strong alcohol content as well. A 4 pack had me buzz'n!

And speaking of homesickness, on my way back into town I stopped by the winestore for some more remedies for that particular affliction.

pb190151.jpg

At 5 bucks a pop I can't really buy Duvel on a regular basis, but I just needed some. $8 for a 6pack of Stella is pretty ridiculous as well, there's comparable stuff that's much cheaper, but fuck it, right?

Sorry for no Sunday updates. I got called into work twice and didn't have time to/do anything worthy of taking pictures...

This morning was quite unpleasant...

pb230134.jpg

pb230135.jpg

pb230149.jpg

pb230147.jpg

So let me tell you about how a routine checkup with my dentist goes. Last Friday I got called by a customer service woman to remind of my 7:30 AM appointment. When I showed up this morning I got checked in by the receptionist, and referred to the waiting room. An office assistant brought me some paperwork to fill out. Then, a dental assistant came in, called my name and walked me to the exam room, where she asked some medical history questions and prepped the equipment. After that, an X-Ray technician came in to take some x-rays, followed by a hygienist who asked the questions I already answered in the paperwork and to the dental assistant. She also cleaned buffed up my teeth. Then, finally, the Dentist Himself came in with another dental assistant and did the exam, which took him 3 or 4 minutes, but not before he once again asked me the same questions I had already answered 3 times. At the end I checked out with the office manager and a "insurance and billing consultant" and got handed a bill for $250 something. So a 45 minute routine checkup requires I talk to and deal with and get poked in the gums by no less than 10 different people, who all have to get paid, obviously. This is of course because dentists or doctors or whatever graduate with six figures worth of student loans to pay off, so god forbid they spend their precious time and skills on talking to patients and chasing paperwork and picking up a fucking phone. No, set it up so they can see 8 or 10 patients per hour and they hire an army of community college bints to handle all that menial shit. I wonder why American healthcare is in crisis...

Anyway, apologies for the rant, here's some more pics I took while waiting...

Advertising on the ceiling, so I can ponder on reaching a little deeper into my pockets and dish out an extra $400 for a teeth whitening treatment.

pb230137.jpg

Denim

pb230146.jpg

pb230145.jpg

pb230142.jpg

Everything was well, teeth are healthy, cause for celebration! So I got me some of these

pb230150.jpg

The rest of the morning was filled with cleaning my oven. Got to get it nice and ready for Thanksgiving...

pb230151.jpg

pb190151.jpg

Why buy imports? I'd be surprised if there's no good microbrews in Nebraska... seems to me like there would be.