Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

In the afternoon, I went to shoot some motherfucking guns. At this here firing range. Nice place.

pb120212.jpg

Guns, ammo, and... Snack bar? What the fuck?

pb120138.jpg

Had to do some basic safety studying first before I popped my cherry. Never touched, let alone fire a gun before in my life.

pb120136.jpg

The place was actually a real dive, but it was the only place in town that allowed high caliber stuff... Owned and managed by this dude...

pb120208.jpg

He let me hold his gold plated Desert Eagle, big fucking handcannon...

pb120141.jpg

I wasn't allowed to fire it. I did fire this one though... AK 47

pb120142.jpg

My man Jim, who was nice enough to let me play with his toys and mentor me a little...

pb120165.jpg

My turn...

pb120167.jpg

pb120172.jpg

Didn't do too bad. The grouping to the upper right are Jim's, mine are the ones further out...

pb120173.jpg

And then... Saved the best for last.

pb120192.jpg

This is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off.

pb120194.jpg

pb120197.jpg

Absolutely fucking brutal shit. My ears are still ringing, my arm is still numb and my hand is still hurting from the kickback... Not fun to shoot really, but quite an experience nevertheless. Don't know if I'll ever feel the need to do this again though, maybe denim and old movies are enough for me as far as hobbies go...

Anyway, paid our respects to the dead soldiers on our way out...

pb120164.jpg

Some shit the owner had sitting in his display case

pb120206.jpg

Thanks for lookin

pb120207.jpg

gold plated Desert Eagle, .44 magnum and nice jeans in one update = +rep

our jeans are looking good in that pic... can't wait to see how they'll turn out when it's my turn

After that, a .357 which was my favorite of the bunch. Used two different kinds of ammo but I forget what exactly...

pb120175.jpg

Looks like they had you shooting some .38 Special (much less expensive to shoot, and a lot less noise and recoil). They probably had you put some .357 Mag ammo through the gun too. Did you notice any difference between the two types of ammo you shot?

FYI, a gun chambered for .357 Magnum can also safely shoot .38 Special and .38 Special +P. A .38 Special bullet doesn't measure .380", it measures .357". The reason a .35 cal bullet is called a .38 dates back to late 1800s and various changes made to the bullet used in the old .38 Long Colt cartridge. Anyways, the .357 Magnum cartridge is the same as the .38 Special, it's casing is just .135" longer, so it holds more powder (thereby making it a "Magnum"), and can't be chambered in a gun that's chambered for .38 Special. Guns chambered for .357 Mag are built to withstand the high pressures that cartridge generates. If you could fire a .357 Mag in a gun chambered for .38 Special, the gun would blow up and try and take your hand with it.

Anyways GREAT posts in this thread! Keep up the good work!

^yes, that was exactly it, .38 special and then .357 mag. The difference in recoil was quite substantial. The .38 special was pretty laidback compared to all the other stuff we shot. Still sore from that fucking .44 magnum, that was a monster...

I've shot a friend of mine's .41 Mag once. That was enough for me. I have no desire to shoot a .44 Mag. I've been beat up by enough firearms that I know there's nothing macho about recoil.

Not much going on today... Another package was waiting when I got home...

pb130115.jpg

More movies. Stocking up for the cold long Nebraska winter. This one I pre-ordered 2 or 3 months ago, forgot all about it, so it was kind of a pleasant surprise...

pb130119.jpg

It was pretty late when I got home so I made a quick dinner. Marinated some chicken cut into strips in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, green onion, mustard seeds, cubeb pepper, oregano... and some more stuff I forget...

pb130121.jpg

While the chicken was in the oven I threw together a vinaigrette

pb130126.jpg

Cut up some cucumber tomato green onion olives... Forgot to buy bell peppers and red onion, ah well...

pb130131.jpg

Crumbled some of this... I love cheese, any cheese really...

pb130133.jpg

Again the pics come out like shit... Anyone got some food photography tips, please let me know...

pb130147.jpg

Watched the adventures of Avon & String and Bodie & Poot and Bunk & McNutty while I ate...

pb130153.jpg

Never noticed till I saw this pic, gotta do something about those wires, looks so sloppy...

Anyway, that's it for today...

I haven't seen much of his work, he is ridiculously neglected when you look at what's available of his on DVD, so not really many opportunities to see his films except if you live in NY or Paris or where they still have places that do retrospectives of that kind of cinema...

if you want to take nice pictures of your food, don't use a flash or the interior light setting on your cam, as you can see this gives the whole thing a blueish hue. turn it off and let the more warmer yellow/orange light of your lamps do the lighting.

nice updates haga enjoying it alot even if i'm not part of this ;)

All right, another foodie update. Mrs HaGa and I walked to this little soup place for lunch. Normally I meet here there every Saturday over my lunchbreak, but yesterday I was doing a performance evaluation for one of my staff that went 1.5 hours longer than planned and missed our lunchdate...

pb150110.jpg

Very strange place... Owned and managed by hippies, needless to say...

pb150111.jpg

They have all these old toys all over the counters for some reason, including an awesome collection of Mr. Potato Heads that I forgot to take a pic of...

pb150109.jpg

The food is excellent, and the whole city knows it. There's usually at least a 30 minute waiting line.

pb150103.jpg

The cheese scones are second to none.

pb150104.jpg

I had some chipotle mac & cheese

pb150106.jpg

Mrs HaGa had the Moroccan tomato peanut soup...

pb150108.jpg

This afternoon, downtown... Very gray day...

pb150138.jpg

The old, rusting industrial part of downtown.

pb150135.jpg

pb150133.jpg

All these old warehouses are being converted in "quaint shoppes", overpriced restaurants and loft apartments for the hip and rich... Same thing basically happened everywhere else during the 90s. They're a little slower here...

pb150126.jpg

pb150120.jpg

pb150123.jpg

I went to the "antique mall", which really is just some regular block where there happen to be a 3 or 4 antique and thrift stores. I was looking for a nice jewelry box for my wife's birthday, and for nice quality vintage stuff for me...

pb150117.jpg

I didn't really find anything interesting except for this, thought it was kind of cool, 1938 US army ankle spats. I might have bought them if they were bigger.

pb150115.jpg

I'll try to get some more denim shots later this week, I think the jeans are coming along nicely, and wearing them to work has stretched them out nicely, I think the waist is at 35.5-36 now, the upper thigh at 13-13.5...