Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

^Cool tanker! Would look even better the more you layer I imagine.

Any experts want to take a shot at this pair's origins? Got them from eBay last summer, they were advertised as 'Vintage American-style M1943 two buckle boots, size 12' but turned out 11 and very narrow.

They were in really great condition on arrival, not too much damage on the uppers or hardware, soles too but of course those could have been replaced.

bR0DQ.jpg

yvWAI.jpg

xejwB.jpg

The commando sole got me thinking they're French repros but for all I know they were just resoled by a reenactor.

A54Zc.jpg

Maybe too blurry, sole says 'SEA/SEH(?)' with a G width.

uLKov.jpg

dGcu0.jpg

The markings are pretty indiscernible to me all I can make out is 'military' and '1943'. There is a stamp that says 'Toffart Liller' that I guessed was the manufacturer but I've never heard of that label. Everything else is just lines and dots.

Fresh out of the box pic. July 22, 2010

9bqJ6.jpg

Also they've still got that fresh leather smell even after being slathered in oils and rain, mus, dirt. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered a pair of the Pointer Brand "Fisher Stripe" (herringbone) work pants. Should be interesting to see what arrives, given how bad the photos are on the Pointer site.

http://up--north.blogspot.com/2010/04/pickup-pointer-brand-gear.html

this fella has a pair, no fit picks, but they look decent. I asked him about sizing a few months ago, and he said tts, or size up, but all the info i have gotten previous was to go down in size at least 1, maybe two if you are skinny. I have been hung up on getting a pair for over a year now.

Just ordered a pair of the Pointer Brand "Fisher Stripe" (herringbone) work pants. Should be interesting to see what arrives, given how bad the photos are on the Pointer site.

you should have checked Rakuten; lots of pictures of Pointer products on there

all the info i have gotten previous was to go down in size at least 1, maybe two if you are skinny. I have been hung up on getting a pair for over a year now.

Maybe there's some variation between models, but my denim carpenter pants are a mercilessly TTS 32". They fit way different from nearly all pants I've seen on here though...put it this way: they ain't low-rise. Maybe there's some confusion between hip size and waist size.

It's also possible people have sized down to get a narrower leg. If this is the case, I feel very sorry for their waists, as my pair have not stretched a lick.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul T

Got it few years ago from overseas thrift market, Cambodia to be exact. it's cheaply $ 6. Most of my thrift hunter competitor came from Thailand, they got hell loads of WWII and other 40's stuffs. They went all crazy when they thrift in Cambodia, cause stuffs going for mad cheap there..

yeah fardin, im absolutely in love with that 1929 heron shawl collar jacket. out of my price range unfortunately.

about to pick up a WWII peacoat (or so i hope)

i know i have posted this link before. its the real vintage stuff the warehouse sells. but i was looking through the stuff and they just have some amazing items. my favorite is still the erwin 1930s pants, but the rest looks awesome too. here is the link

http://ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=items&cc=619

just chek out that nice 1940s wrangler 11mw wiht back pocket arches

so mcuh great stuff but to pricy still nice to look at, and they have some repros of them anyways

• 2 weeks later...

How do much do waistbands usually shrink? I wouldn't mind if my Tanker fit a little tighter around the waist, so I'm wondering if it would be enough to just soak it (I think it's wool) and then throw it in the dryer. It's not exactly necessary for me to do, but cold air will often slip in because of the looseness.

My grandfathers 1940's USAF service sweater. The tag says the company is called "Iron Run", but I have never been able to find anything about it. However, it is remarkably heavy and warm. Its one of my favorite things I own, but unfortunately it is considerably too big to wear regularly.

IronRun1.jpg

IronRun2.jpg

My grandfathers 1940's USAF service sweater. The tag says the company is called "Iron Run", but I have never been able to find anything about it. However, it is remarkably heavy and warm. Its one of my favorite things I own, but unfortunately it is considerably too big to wear regularly.

IronRun1.jpg

IronRun2.jpg

it looks great, are the patches made from cotton ?