Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, not really what I am looking for. Thanks, though! I just want a plain ball cap. Doesn't need to be repro or anything...

Just saw wwiiimpressions added this, a denim cap which is plain:

a34.JPG

Glad to hear it Rivet! They make good quality stuff. Their site is terrible, though, that's the worst thing about them.

^that denim cap is pretty much exactly what I am looking for, except in a natural canvas. I'm such a pain in the ass :P I appreciate the help, though! I am beginning to wonder if I need to just start making them myself...

The best you could do is email Juan at wwiiimpressions, to see if he'd sell you one of those made out of the HBT without the AAF stamp. But it's no natural canvas.

Hello!

Per advice from the small questions thread, this is where I bring these pants.

These pants, I found them in a small thrift store in Amish Pennsylvania. I just got a job that has me driving all over the PA/MD/WV/OH area and I get to stop by a number of thrift stores all over the place and check out the wares.

Blueline selvedge and obviously never washed -- the starch is still ubiquitous throughout -- and there is no sign of wear whatsoever besides a bit of dirt or poop or something on the seat.

The sewing is single needle stitched throughout and it's crooked and off course all over the place. The waist is huge. Probably over 50" and the leg openings are each as big as a teenage girl's torso. It fits more like Hakama than workwear. The size really bums me out, yeah.

I can't even guess when they were made because they're in such fine condition. For all I know they were made last week from a bolt of old fabric someone found. Then, unhappy with the result, they donated them. Or they could be really old! There are no tags of any kind to indicate as such, and by that I mean there have never been any tags on them.

Anyone have any ideas what/when these might be/have been made?

And, erm, what do I do with them now? Could I get them altered to fit in a way that isn't some complete fiasco?

4519208677_9ff86b7422_o.jpg

4515541410_49d4033d5e.jpg

4514913117_9898257084.jpg

4514913909_dc00685a98.jpg

Cool jeans, wilkes! I am guessing they might not be too old if they came from Amish Penn. They still make a lot of the clothes the same way they did decades ago. Although, considering they have a zipper, they might not be Amish-made.

I think it would be possible to take them apart in the middle, and take apart the inseam, and basically cut a new pair of jeans. This would preserve the selvage outseam and the pockets. Looks like you'd have plenty of scraps for patching! :D

That's pretty neat, looks like they attached the belt loops a little too early haha. Your job kind of sounds like that American Pickers job on history channel, would be awesome to do something similar in the search for vintage military and workwear.

Does anyone own this Moleskin shirt from Sugar Cane? It's super heavy/thick material. I'm trying to find out if it gets any softer after washing - like raw denim. Also, does it shrink? It's a perfect fit, but any smaller, I'll have a hard time getting it on.

This will help me determine if I should hand wash or dry clean it.

sc_blkplovr_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!

This shirt was described as a 1940s munitions worker's shirt by the seller. That is all I know about it. The collar is stamped 16 1/2. Otherwise there are no internal markings. I was intrigued by the asymmetrical balance between the US and the bright green pocket. The pocket is strange. It is not stitched across the bottom. There is only a bar tack in the middle.

Does anyone have any ideas about the origins of this shirt or know why the pocket has no bottom? Both the khaki and green colors of the shirt are much more yellow in real life than on my monitor. The green is almost like a kelly green with a touch of yellow.

shirtfront.jpg

shirtdetail.jpg

shirtpocket.jpg

I'm selling this Sugar Cane workshirt recently purchased from Rakuten. I've soaked it once to get the folds out and to shrink it a bit, but nothing else. I've warn it around the house ONCE, and I'm selling it because I don't need it. I was in the mood for a new shirt, but now that I actually have it I realize that I don't need yet another piece in blue.

This is almost identical to the Jean Cord shirt on Self Edge, but it's in blue and it has flap pockets. The color isn't actually as light as it is in the picture, as they were taken in near a large window.

Price is $100 Shipped. Size L. I still have the original tag that I can throw in with it.

IMG_3365.jpg?t=1271538327

IMG_3367.jpg?t=1271538404

IMG_3368.jpg?t=1271538405

IMG_3370.jpg?t=1271538408

IMG_3372.jpg?t=1271538410

i just found an 'A2' jacket in a thrift store next to my pop's barber shop. real leather, made in korea. it's only 20 bucks, so ima cop it. it ain't a buzz rickson, but i like it. any info on these offhand? stupid question, i'll post more info later...

Thanks Choice for your suggestion... it was your pic that made me decide to go for the Tankers rather than the Deck Jacket.

Glad to see you went with the tanker djarrow!

forgot this thread existed, crossposted from waywt.

2r6e837.jpg

Brown Buzz Tanker

Thought you guys might like to see these...

Just picked up. Vintage Wolverine Work gloves. Cordovan Horsehide!

DSC02898.jpg

DSC02900.jpg

I did a write up on my blog of them. I'm going to sell them to fund a vintage motor bike....