Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

• 2 weeks later...

here some great pics of a 1910 wards catalog.

check out the boots and workshirts, duck coats and denim stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/1910-WARDS-Catalog-VTG-Workwear-STIFEL-Denim-TITANIC_W0QQitemZ290388133042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item439c7b44b2

I have a pair of awesome vintage 1930's-style lace-up/lace-back workwear jeans that look really good (similar to the Mister Freedom 301's) . Everything but the waist is perfect on me. I wear a size 30 waist, but these are about a 33 to 34 waist. Although I still wear them, I don't like the fact that they have a "paperbag" waist. Does anyone know if it's possible to alter jeans around the waist without comprimising the overall look?

If this is even possible, would they be taken in at the waist or the center back? Only problem with the center back is the lace-up section.

img55757558.jpg

Thank you!

I have a pair of awesome vintage 1930's-style lace-up/lace-back workwear jeans that look really good (similar to the Mister Freedom 301's) . Everything but the waist is perfect on me. I wear a size 30 waist, but these are about a 33 to 34 waist. Although I still wear them, I don't like the fact that they have a "paperbag" waist. Does anyone know if it's possible to alter jeans around the waist without comprimising the overall look?

If this is even possible, would they be taken in at the waist or the center back? Only problem with the center back is the lace-up section.

img55757558.jpg

Thank you!

you should ask the denim doctors, if anyone can do it they can. I'm fairly sure they can alter the top block without affecting the overall silhouette by disassembling the yoke, cutting down the "center back" as you put it, and then restitching, but the lace up thing may be a challenge.

robert at htcamerica dot com

ps sick jeans

you should ask the denim doctors, if anyone can do it they can. I'm fairly sure they can alter the top block without affecting the overall silhouette by disassembling the yoke, cutting down the "center back" as you put it, and then restitching, but the lace up thing may be a challenge.

ps sick jeans

Sorry, but those are indeed Mister Freedom jeans. I don't have a pic of mine right now (I'm at work), but I wanted to give the reader an idea of what I'm working with.

The pair I have are just as sick in a different way - They are more workwear style with big back patch pockets, deep carpenter-style front pockets and the lace/tie back. The two belt loops flanking the tie-back section are more tunnel loops, though. They're great, that's why I don't want to get rid of them.

I guess worst case, I'll let them go for the right price.

Edit: I'd definitely let them go to fund a pair of Mister Freedom Rider Dungarees. I'd probably wear them much more.

Sorry, but those are indeed Mister Freedom jeans. I don't have a pic of mine right now (I'm at work), but I wanted to give the reader an idea of what I'm working with.

The pair I have are just as sick in a different way - They are more workwear style with big back patch pockets, deep carpenter-style front pockets and the lace/tie back. The two belt loops flanking the tie-back section are more tunnel loops, though. They're great, that's why I don't want to get rid of them.

I guess worst case, I'll let them go for the right price.

Edit: I'd definitely let them go to fund a pair of Mister Freedom Rider Dungarees. I'd probably wear them much more.

ps sick jeans

Thanks Stacks! I just read some reviews on Yelp and I might have to bring them there. Too bad I'm the San Diego area.

ps sick jeans

Thanks Stacks! I just read some reviews on Yelp and I might have to bring them there. Too bad I'm the San Diego area.

Can't tell the brand. A friend of mine made them a while back and sold them in 2006 at Viva Las Vegas. I can, however, make out the image on the tag (which I've never noticed until now. It's a side profile of a skull wearing a Harley-style cap.

Geeze, I just hate to have to go through so much trouble. This is so discourageing. Case in point, I have a Gretsch guitar with one dead pickup and a quick trip to the shop will get her up and running, but It's just so much trouble.

Can't tell the brand. A friend of mine made them a while back and sold them in 2006 at Viva Las Vegas. I can, however, make out the image on the tag (which I've never noticed until now. It's a side profile of a skull wearing a Harley-style cap.

Geeze, I just hate to have to go through so much trouble. This is so discourageing. Case in point, I have a Gretsch guitar with one dead pickup and a quick trip to the shop will get her up and running, but It's just so much trouble.

Yes, they are darts. I guess that it would be feasible to get them altered.

I'm totally in the same position as you, ChristmasIAS. Awesome jeans that just don't fit. I may just offer them up for sale and see what I can get in order to get a pair of MF Riders.

I wear a size 30 waist, what size waist do you recommend I get in the MF Riders to include shrinkage, ChristmasIAS?

Yes, they are darts. I guess that it would be feasible to get them altered.

I'm totally in the same position as you, ChristmasIAS. Awesome jeans that just don't fit. I may just offer them up for sale and see what I can get in order to get a pair of MF Riders.

I wear a size 30 waist, what size waist do you recommend I get in the MF Riders to include shrinkage, ChristmasIAS?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...