Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

Found this at a surplus store by my house. The guy that worked there said he thought it was German. I feel like it is Swiss based on bags I have bought in the past and the color way used. It is super long which I like so it will stay tucked in. Metal buttons. Lead or Pewter? They are not magnetic. If any of you guys know about it would like to know more.

web.jpg?ver=12910539150001

web.jpg?ver=12910535610001

web.jpg?ver=12910536750001

This was the only tag on it.

web.jpg?ver=12910537300001

• 2 weeks later...
Found this at a surplus store by my house. The guy that worked there said he thought it was German. I feel like it is Swiss based on bags I have bought in the past and the color way used. It is super long which I like so it will stay tucked in. Metal buttons. Lead or Pewter? They are not magnetic. If any of you guys know about it would like to know more.

web.jpg?ver=12910535610001

This was the only tag on it.

This is a great piece. Looks like it could be one of the inspiration pieces for Mister Freedom!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I interpret this correctly, eWorkers will no longer be making the 18.5 size shirts:

"Happy New Year.

1-3 month shirts to be produced, until now yet another size 14.5 size down, we will expand the size of 13.5.

Conversely, does the size of production 18.5.

Since last year, also started selling wholesale, we received many comments from our customers try.

Among them, the most wanted to see more of "a little smaller," it was.

Previously, demand from overseas customers 初Meta in the 18.5 size recently, very little if no order was added to 18.5 13.5 to reduce the size of the decision.

The more the number of expanded size, cost goes up.

Significantly reduce the work pattern. Stencil printing operation. But to cut it to fit the work patterns of cloth stamped, the task of cutting it further. Increasing the size of one, four is more work.

I create products, on time step considered minor until the actual manufacturing process, we believe that even a little cheaper to make high quality products. At the same time, it can not make it cut the pay.

For these reasons, it is not possible to increase the size was easy so far.

However, as mentioned earlier, due to decrease in size 18.5 13.5 came out to increase the size of the surplus.

Also, you now also supported the opinion that the persons who actually wear.

You may believe that mere size, distress and suffering decided New Year.

The decision will, I hope that you plan to improve our products with those of many people."

Does anyone know if there are any companies (mccoys et. al) that make the double strap M1943 combat service boot like these?

boots_combat_ww2.jpg

I want to get a pair eventually, and feel like actually mil surplus would be far too worn, or quite far out of my price range?

Probably way out of your price range, but RRL (Julian) came out with a pair this FW season. I personally wouldn't buy them unless you can inspect them in person. As demonito mentioned in another thread, it looks like he didn't actually make these himself. Myself and others I know have had hit or miss (mostly misses) with this seasons RRL boots.

rrlboot.jpg

Are these good boots? They seem relatively inexpensive which I'm not saying is a bad thing but is suspect.

yeah. I've got a pair of the roughouts. they're made by corcoran to us mil specs from wwII. I think they dont have many sizes left though. you'll have to preorder.

4311195215_51766a2316_z.jpg

this is them a few months in. 3 sno seal coats maybe?

3884764756_505a26dabb_z.jpg

this is them new after 2 coats of snoseal.

3883860657_cbd8d0d57f_z.jpg

they're great for wearing in bad weather and when I dont want to mess up my aldens too bad. I havent taken pics recently, but the areas of wear are getting really shiny. pretty cool.

As blasphemous as it may sound, I'm sort of tempted to sew down the tapered part on the back of my Tanker Jacket. The jacket is a great fit, I just can't get over how prominently the back can stick out.

i did this on a G-1 style leather jacket. improved the fit and silhouette tremendously and i wear it all the time. that being said, it was not an expensive BR jacket. think i paid around $25 for it. (it was also not a real G-1)

i've been tempted by the tanker jacket many times, but never purchased because of that very feature. anytime i have jackets like that, the side panels billow out and look like some fashion disaster from the 80s.

i say screw "blasphemy." it's your jacket so do what you want with it.

You know, I might just leave it. I don't have a proper mirror in my new apartment so I think I've imagined it worse than it actually is. Who knows, it might not stick out as much over time. I've only been seriously wearing it for about a month.

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg