arcteryx veilance

- initially i was hesitant about the all-nylon voronois because they're so thin, but they have turned out to be my favourite pants. i've really warmed up to their angular drape, the stretch is nice and they're breathable and quick drying. There is a spot near the crotch gusset where the seam tape is coming off the fabric, but they're still as new otherwise. Has anyone picked up this summer's neptune light ones?

- Been warming up to the idea of the apparats for summer, anyone with any long-term feedback on the current design?

Re Voronois, that's good to hear; I've been debating picking a pair up after my older ones (cotton) got shredded in ~6 months.

Re Apparats, I've used my regularly for about 16 months - what did you want to know?

apparats - mainly durability related issues and general "this is how i feel about/use these". 

edit: especially since as far as i can tell the apparats use the same nyco as the old voronois.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

apparats - mainly durability related issues and general "this is how i feel about/use these". 

edit: especially since as far as i can tell the apparats use the same nyco as the old voronois.

They've seen some fading, but then that's likely because I haven't been too careful when washing them. I was disappointed to see a pin-sized hole appear in the crotch, but it hasn't gotten any bigger. Basically, they're my favorite pants, and while I'm concerned about their durability in the long run, I have no real complaints so far.

^^ last two generally sum up my hesitation w/ recent Veilance pants. How I long for a re-release of the sturdier Stealth or Canvas Jean model... In the mean time I'm looking forward to spending the summer in the Outlier Longcrops. No concern about delicateness like I have w/ my Voronois. Haven't had any crotch blow-out yet, but the face fabric shows more patina than warranted (IMO). Not really a great look for something that is ostensibly a more 'formal' pant...

The Veilance all-nylon fabric qualities are best used in their summer outerwear imo. The Blazer LT and Nemis are so light and breathable. Reasonable water resistance too and dry pretty quickly if you do get soaked. My only complaint is the sound *swish* *swish* :|

re: nomin pack  sorry for the negativity.

Don't be ridiculous, sounds like a couple of other stories I've heard from around the sphere. If there is an issue with the bag I like to hear it :)

I ended up ordering one anyway, nice to try out something different and it definitely looks nice.

All Nomin Packs are gone at Eastdane.com

Luckily I ordered one of the last.

Have already a Nomin pack in use since sound 9 months. Really like it.

My one is made with ripstop, the ordered one should be with plain AC2 material like the seque tote.

Edited by droffen

Yeah, thats where I ordered mine from as well.  That extra bit off the top helps :)

After playing with it a bit last night and carrying it today, I've decided I'm a fan of it overall. Enough to keep it anyway. Especially once u remove the stupid portfolio/laptop chunk it really gives you a lot more usable space in the main compartment (i believe beckon called it "presumptuous" and that is definitely the correct word for it).

DOES ANYBODY KNOW/HAVE INSIGHT as to what the specific reason for the little flip out pouch is for? I assume since everything else on the bag had a single purpose in mind, that this does as well. 

think the c-knit will be replacing the micro fleece used in the sft line of jackets.

looking forward to seeing the achrom in the flesh might get one as an update to my geom. also loving the earthy tones they have picked to use as a palette for this a/w 2016

I was hoping they would bring back the Anode, Geom (similar to the Achrom) & other SFT variations. At least the colors are great and the Mionn IS Comp (best jacket in my opinion) is returning. 

Okay, I really want to check out the Achrom now.  Love the Geom, but wished it had a higher collar.  A few seasons ago before the Geom, they had a version of the Geom with a stowable hood, but it was a bit too high and bulky because of the stowable hood.  Can someone please hook me up with a pic of the Achrom?  TIA

- initially i was hesitant about the all-nylon voronois because they're so thin, but they have turned out to be my favourite pants. i've really warmed up to their angular drape, the stretch is nice and they're breathable and quick drying. There is a spot near the crotch gusset where the seam tape is coming off the fabric, but they're still as new otherwise. Has anyone picked up this summer's neptune light ones?

Just received this years Voronois in neptune and I was surprised at how light the material felt - exactly what I had hoped for. These are my first AV trousers, I usually go ACR (P10A-S & P11-CH) but they aren't great when its really hot. 

I hope they are as durable as my ACR and Outlier trousers...

The colour is great. I was worried it was similar to the teal colour of my P11-CH but it's much lighter. Very true to official stock pics.

I also got the Component shirt in same colour (not my first choice, wanted Cascada but they were out). Will be interesting to see how well the dual material perform. Back and armpit/inner arm section is Merino wool.

Edited by badlydrawn

The colour is great. I was worried it was similar to the teal colour of my P11-CH but it's much lighter. Very true to official stock pics.

I also got the Component shirt in same colour (not my first choice, wanted Cascada but they were out). Will be interesting to see how well the dual material perform. Back and armpit/inner arm section is Merino wool.

yeah that's kept me from getting a component. in my experience lightweight merino does not last longer than a year before developing holes. 

yeah that's kept me from getting a component. in my experience lightweight merino does not last longer than a year before developing holes. 

I have a couple of component shirts and wear them quite a lot. The only issue I've ever had was having to send one back to AV because the cuff press stud on one sleeve came out of its stitching (they replaced the shirt, probably 8 months after I bought it).

Any experience with the Seque?

My better half bought me one recently and I've been using it as a carryon for the trip we're on right now. Can't say I have any complaints. 

I have a couple of component shirts and wear them quite a lot. The only issue I've ever had was having to send one back to AV because the cuff press stud on one sleeve came out of its stitching (they replaced the shirt, probably 8 months after I bought it).

My better half bought me one recently and I've been using it as a carryon for the trip we're on right now. Can't say I have any complaints. 

This might be a weirdly specific question but do you wear them sitting in an office chair without any layers over it? Fabric-on-fabric wear is what usually messes up my merino.

This might be a weirdly specific question but do you wear them sitting in an office chair without any layers over it? Fabric-on-fabric wear is what usually messes up my merino.

Not since I switched jobs, no. They cope with being worn on airplanes quite a bit though.

Edited by drgitlin