denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

lord knows they are. i got back from the Ob/Gyn and i have a 2month old WMD in the oven right now....wash #20 something. chandrika soap, hung until no more drips, and hotdried for an hour. steam ironed the entire jean turned inside out. these are starting to look like an old pair of levis...gasp;)

just from her DNA almostnice's daughter just seems to naturally know what cool is

lord knows they are. i got back from the Ob/Gyn and i have a 2month old WMD in the oven right now....wash #20 something. chandrika soap, hung until no more drips, and hotdried for an hour. steam ironed the entire jean turned inside out. these are starting to look like an old pair of levis...gasp;)

i was gonna go down to the slave walk for some 6 month pics but on the way here(mom's house) my damn engine blew up and caught afire. now no pics, and no car. fuck my life.

well when jeans get broken it's a good thing(denime are coming along LOVELY imho.) but cars not so much. when you pay basically the same amount for a car as a pair of raws you get what you pay for. my sister is gonna come scoop me up and then we are going to the slave-walk. somehow i'll try to get to the lendo lair if he's not to busy and get some pics today. pics soon, but i can't promise today.

wait a goddamn minute, the new denime xx denim is thin? i would expect this from Red Monkey Co. , not the Real McCoys. something has gone extremely afoul here. now you boys call gordon before the price jumps. i want a pair of xx type to put in the cut myself...so you hoes stay away from the w29

Figured since I wash my jeans so rarely, I'd get some good soap for em. Dr. Bronners lavender smells so good.

210 days/ 7 months

3 Initial washes, none since. Gonna wash em tonight since they no longer smell like peaches (they just smell like ass now)

[Initial] [1 Month] [2 Months] [3 Months] [4 Months] [5 Months] [6 Months]

(Click for large)

4509436672_a198d03f8f.jpg

4509436838_f6d0367d1b.jpg

4509437598_d023bcb5c2.jpg

This one's the closest to real color:

4509374968_26ff2faec9.jpg

good stuff, amar and pomata.

where do roots/veins/whatever you want to call them come from?

doesn´t it come from washing?

i don´t have any on my pair so far, even though i already washed 5 times. not that i´d "need" them urgently, i just wondered...

about the veins, i think it comes from the tension and weave of the denim. i've noticed it alot on evisu #1 denim, as well as the denime xx. a lot of cheaper wal-mart jeans i see rednecks rocking at work have it too, and i get envious.

here's some pics taken yesterday on my shitty backup cam. some are sunlight, some flash to give you the real run-down...

i don't have whiskers due to wide,rough shit scraping my thighs, so here are the only ones i have at the moment near the fly...

57013154.jpg

right side lateral view, full sunlight. you can see the side-of-calf fading me and greasy peanut share...and some wallet fade. color is pretty spot on i guess. handmade lanyard makes cameo appearance...

55990534.jpg

here is the wallet fade. red tab is still pretty strong. you can see the thickness of the tandy belt. the leather is not so 'orangish', but color is still lovely with a little shea butter and a lil sun. was 'red-moon raw' color at first.

15418022.jpg

this one is the sharpest of the ones i took, it actually makes me feel the cam aint that bad, i just have to get the conditions right.

98265263.jpg

full posterior view. no combs to report. i iron them out ever so often. so what, sue me! somehow the same creases form every time, so it's not the iron, it's the looseness around the knees...

98989133.jpg

full frontal view inside with flash and some sunlight through door.

i made both of the leather pouches myself hand stitching leather is a bitch, but worth the time and extremely sore fingers. the brown was raw leather color, but has evo'd some. the black one is made from same pattern, but dark-brown where the zipper is, and the body of the pouch is full count's black denim. it's so rare i just had to make a hip-pouch out of it. sorry, no fading yet...

67970187.jpg

another anterior pic under similar conditions. i have on adilette sandals and you can see the fullcount hem. solidd brass belt buckle from thrift(like a dollar i think). the quirk near the bottom of my left traintracks if from the selvage on the inside curling back towards the inside of the jean. it's been like that as soon as i got them from the post office, i noticed it when i flipped them inside-out before i boiled them, and thought it would be cool to see how it fades. here it is.

31504416.jpg

back view with flash...

17859924.jpg

side view with flash

92922827.jpg

crotch repair. it wasn't the stitching:D, it was the denim was wearing a bit thin, so i took the time to patch it using Oni kabuki vedge denim.

59566148.jpg

better pics when i get my Cannon back....sorry. i use lunapic to upload, but i don't photochop cause i'll just make shit worse.:o

thanks dude. bonus pic:

61119787.jpg

you dudes are greedy, so here's another to top off the ole' mug...

the crotch stitching is strong and not threatning a blowout at all so far. i reinforced an area (as s20160192.jpghown) with BiG thread when one of the theads wore loose from the inside. vintage zippo is eating the coin pocket like pac-man pellets

they will be there eventually, i like the 'old-man combs' that come from looser fits. despite my ironing, the creases in the back of the knees still end up in the same place, it's just the looseness of the fit around the knee+denime denim doesn't fade fast. trust me, it's just the physical labor that makes my 6 mo. pair look like an 18 month pair. while the jeans are mad comfy they still have retained a grainy, rough texture. hayashi-san calls it ''vintage touch''.

I'm inspired by my daddy's jeans and I'm liking his kind of fading very very much now. salaami calls it 'old-man fades' I think he means the same.

I also think the recipe is pretty simple: use them every day, wash often.

^lemmy has it all figured out. use daily, wash often. whats wrong with wearing clean pants? i've been building a stone wall all day, quick somebody arrest me for denim brutality... i thought they were abused before, this is ridiculous

^lemmy has it all figured out. use daily, wash often. whats wrong with wearing clean pants?

I agree completely, though rather than "wash often", I say "wash when needed". And if you're wearing 'em every day, they probably need washed once a month in the winter months, two or more in the summer months.

I'm enjoying watching the progress of this contest. Going to have some really nice examples when it's done.

i agree with the 'wash when needed' steez. i just wash every week because i wanted to truly treat them like a pair of JC Penny joints, with the exception of only using lye soap, and only hand washing in a bucket(to me it's the truly vintage way) when i was little my moms would wash my jeans once a week with the rest of the clothes, so i'm going back to my pre-sufu ways. she always says'' if you can smell yourself, everybody else smelled you a week ago''. miki-san (mr. fullcount, one of my fave denim heroes) recommends once a week, and i fully trust his acumen. plus wifey won't let me lay on the bed with dirty jeans, so this will be the 'salaami wash steez' for all my future jawns. plus by the end of my two years i'll be at 100 washes, which i think will be a sufu first. indigo is NOT water-soluble friends. viva revolution!

btw this xx denim is tough as rhino leather. i've done things in these that would've torn through some bullshit cloth. and i still have yet to see another company of its size offer selvage pocket-bags.