denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

^ i dont think you'll get too much shrinkage, but some of your parts are gonna tighten up again.

That said, i totally forget to cross post these images here. fit pics from a little while ago...

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg?t=1269108839

that's right! denime are on vacation today, they got really dirty from a drywall job @ my crib. so it's a warehouse day. they'll get a proper handwash/hot dry in the morn...

• 2 weeks later...

what´s up, guys?

had to dig deeply for this thread- found it on page #5! we´re at 7 months now, things should start to get interesting. (i mean look at the last page!!)

i´m pretty busy studying. will have my written exams in 9 days, but tomorrow will be my last day off before that and i´ll take the 66xx on a hike. and most likely they´ll get the fifth wash afterwards.

jeans went to the 'riva' (what we richmond mofos can the james river) to have a lil R&R. we sat on some rocks and blew a spliff. good times...so i'm on the way back today. weather is great. not to hot, with a lil breeze.

as for wear, i'm starting to get the tiger23 fades on the sides of the knees. it's from bumping stacks of pallets straight when i stack them. if you don't keep them straight from the beginning they will lean more and more the higher you go. so that adds up to severe fading along the sides of the knees, thighs, calves. i guess eventually fading will somewhat begin to wrap around the calves as soon as these start to develop any kind of combs.wallet fade really coming in. i'm @ 5 months now, so i'll wait a month to post the 1st quarter updates.

no Denimes in the pics but i promised to post some drunk-ass ones.

man on the right is an old friend i know for over 25 years now,hes working at my company,producing newsclips for a local TV station:

4492400389_1bc9c39895.jpg

dont know who this freaks are.after heavy drinking and drug-abuse you make friends with nearly everbody:

4493038864_4b486b2672.jpg

one of the last pics at the very early morning before i dropped my camera the second time:

4493051310_d320d1810c.jpg

found out next morning that i also broke my shades,got some really heavy scratches on my RW 9011 and soaked my 66xx in lots of beer and mud.

so all in all i had a great night!

will do a full lenght review in the wayjdt later.

^ seconded, but might i add that even after my initial boiling soak they still shrank a bit more with the next 2-3 washes.

i spent a good bit of time at the riva this weekend, and spent the rest of the time smoking beef, chicken, and shrimp. i just put some coals in a large pot, and when the coals get hot i cover them in hickory wood chips, then lay whatever meat i choose on top until fully cooked. takes more time than regular grilling but the smoky flavor it gives is superb. the meat doesn't even need sauce...

after doing a little check for oil& coolant leaks underneath my sister's van the denimes are quite dirty. more importantly all the sliding on asphalt under the vehicle has faded the lateral sides of the jeans even more. loving it...wifey and i had a lil spat this weekend, so i couldn't wash this week( i stayed at my sister's all weekend, and my trust bucket was at home. so i'll get em' in some water soon.

it's past 6 months for some of us, so this thread should never be on the 5th page of superdenim

i checked my mail again and i still haven't heard any response from t5 as to accepting my t5 forum application. it's been over a month.

i know we have quite a few chinese contestants, but what's this i hear about the japanese contestants out there? i want to keep an eye out for the comp. i know someone who doesn't post is gonna come out the cut with some killer shit

i heard this mentioned here in this thread a while back. plus i just assumed since denime is the OG japanese repro brand at least 1 or 2 of the millions of japanese would have been aware of this contest and decide to join, even though denime are no doubt easier to find and cheaper in jp.

these jeans are fading so ''vintagesque'' it's scary. this denim is truly superb. you can't tell until you've faded it in. lemmy pomata can tell vouch.

^it´s her flat head. correct me if i´m wrong, markus.

great picture.

@salaami: well, i don´t knbow about any guys from japan. i guess we´ll see in the end.

have you tried to just log in to the t5-forum, maybe it works? if not try emailing them your registration?

you both are right,thats the Flatheads kindly donated by riff.

HMs are in the wash.and i bought a pair of GAP selvage for my 2 year old son 2 weeks ago.Oh,and the wife is wearing Strongholds,so yeah,i can say we are sorted out.

check the nippers-thread dr.house!