denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

54977296.jpg

here is the stitching coming undone i mentioned previously...you all know the denim is not this greencast, it;s just the lighting. i was sitting in the car and the sunlight was shining through the blue sunscreen shit that's along the top of the windshield(you know what i'm talking about). i fixed it, and the saga continues. as far as the softness of the denim, i'm obviously enrolled in the mikiharu tsujita(mr. fullcount) denim institute, meaning i am of the opinion that ultimately comfort is the most important factor in wearing a pair of jeans. if the garment is not comfy, why the fuck would i want to wear them everyday for 2 years of my life? now as far as stiff/rough denim being more 'vintage/authentic' i highly disagree. all denim is stiff when raw, even denim made from zimbabwe cotton. but wear and wash makes cotton softer. and as far as using the word 'vintage' do the homework and you'll find that the wash techniques used in the past were VERY HARSH, abrasive, and abusive to the denim itself, which probably doubled the rate of indigo loss. if you rub any pair of jeans against a metal washboard, or beat the jeans on a big river rock, the indigo will crock( we would say that's 'cheating' today).that's why a lot of real vintage jeans don't have poppin' whiskers and combs and sufu glorified contrast. and of course the denim will be much softer as a result. i've asked gordon and paul T and neither could say how often the jeans of america's past were washed, or whether the average man wore them everyday on end for months/years, or how long a pair of levis waist overalls would last a hard working man back in the good ole' days. so evidently we know a lot about what the old jeans look like, and how they were washed, but not a lot about how they were worn. so for everybody who considers themselves waxing nostalgic by wearing stiff jeans that they consider more 'vintage', think again...your reward for reading my rant is some bonus pics...

91539392.jpg

i didn't resize so you can see the fuzz...

roping, i still don't know how i get roping on my jeans even though i never uncuff them, so the inner-hem never scrapes my shoes. all the bleeding on my shoes/boots is actually from the weft side...this is an old tracks pic i dug out of the catacombs. poor lighting.

25110443.jpg

goddamn , you people are insatiable!(the roping was the bonus pic) hold on, let me dig up something else...mirror is filthy(i was visiting my moms, blame my lil sis it's her bathroom.) consider this a WAYWT photo from 2 months ago: gwen stefani harajuku lovers tour tee/66xx type/adidas aditennis sneaks. you happy now? note leg twist. i would take a better pic, but i have to send my camera back to cannon for repairs. the lens wont retract for some reason... so no pix for a while.57448425.jpg

It's raining and just generally shitty outside but I have a lot of time to kill. I'll try to take pics without flash someday this week

66xx Size 32 -- 6 months / since Sept. 10

3 initial washes, none since.

(click for large)

4427485179_a7f59c1052.jpg

4427485597_a720a8a0f0.jpg

4428249966_f9f3c708f5.jpg

4428249514_c6ffabbd2d.jpg

how long are you planning to go before the first wash?

I'm sorta just waiting until they look/smell dirty. With my last jeans (eternals) I think I washed them at 3 or 4 months in because I was playing ball in em a lot. Haven't done anything but some serious sitting in these

^damn! guess i'll stop wearing mine now. ;) i still haven't registered on T5 site yet. is there a deadline for that? btw, i'd post more pic's but i'm only a month into wearing these and don't have much to show. maybe i'll have to make a vid or something. . .

I don't think there is a deadline but you should register asap.Google translate is yo' friend ;) But tbh, I don't think they give a fuck about the rules due to the Denime selling thing. And yeah, let's see vids man!

hospital wifi is cool...she's getting tested for these seizures she's having as of late, so i'll be here all night. funny thing is the doctor said she can smoke all the weed she wants, although she's a month pregnant now(just found out). he said just keep copping from the same spot, and make sure it ain't laced! wild.

i was walking through the warehouse the other day, and as soon as i put my hands in my pockets, RIIIP! the stitching along the fly popped like 5-6 stitches in the exact spot as everyone else. i fixed it that night with yellow BiG thread. although this has to be more than coincidence, i ain't mad. for some strange reason i like having something to fix every now and then.

i wanna rep amardeep for the mets hat. that's me squad. i've refused to wear any other 59/50 for the past 10 years. yo amar i updated the fullcount post on the denim wiki. ..

nah, it's just that the doctors gave her some kind of anti-seizure meds before they found out about the baby, so now they are saying it might cause prenatal complications. so they might have to abort. so before i know what's what, i can't let myselft get hyped up either way. THC helps.

i've been getting no sleep lately, so i've been doing the lendo/bottomless cup thing

the stitching along the fly popped like 5-6 stitches in the exact spot as everyone else.

shit that happened to me as well and I noticed some loose threads in another place as well.

good luck Salaami.