Left Field Jeans

scotty2

My chambray trousers

photo-2.jpg

What size did you get them in compared to your "actual" size? I know they run big, at least according to measurements I've seen at Blue in Green.

They look great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate doing this, cuz I know y'all are gonna buy my size, but BIG just got a ton of the canvas chinos in many different colors. I, for one, like the blue canvas. Not sure if it is indigo dyed, but it does look tasty.

Actually i hope y'all buy them as I don't need to spend any more nor do i need any more pants. I am a size 30 so go ahead and do me a favor and get them.

Size 30 is true 32. Watch out

I bought a pair of the waist 30 black ones, pretty big on me. Do what you please, but I will have my custom pair tonight!

So I got my customs. Love the fit, they look great. He told me in a email that the pants were enzymed (they have a washed feel instead of raw). So the second time I tried them on, a button in the fly pops off. He said re thread was weak from the enzyme process. Oh well, pissed me off a little, then I realized that I had him make me custom pants. I can't bitch that much.

Dang they moved the coin pocket down. Still looks good though, I'm in for a pair if they bring in some 28s.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Blue In Green for the first time today hoping to pick up a pair of Left Field slim straights and got sold on the slub denim.

I was sort of aware of them but seeing the character and texture of the denim in person -- it wasn't a hard sell. I was looking for very slim jeans so I got them in my regular waist size; they actually run an inch or so SMALLER than that (surprise!), but I have a feeling they're stretch out, especially since they're one wash.

Go figure! I went in looking for my next year or so of raw denim and got sold on a pair of washed jeans. They're amazing.

finally, my customs. and now i dont know if im keeping them. i hate myself lol

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a great arcticle posted about Left Field and designer Christian McCann on Commerce with a Conscience, an online magazine and blog featuring socially responsible products and written by Brad Bennett. Brad wrote a nice article telling a bit of history of Left Field and some of the struggles Christian has endured over the years. Below are comments and photos taken directly from the article.

Left_Field_1.jpg

Long before L.L.Bean went Signature, or Lands End went Canvas, or J.Crew went Red Wing, there was Left Field NYC. Founded by Christian McCann, the Brooklyn-based label has been churning out rugged, American-made goods since chambray was still putting the blue in blue collar. “We have been in business for over 10 years,” explains McCann, “and have always strived to make quality, made in America clothing at a fair price.” Unfortunately, being so ahead of the curve (just think about what you were wearing in the late ’90s), meant that the majority of people who initially took advantage of those fair prices lived elsewhere. “The Japanese have been great supporters of our brand,” notes McCann. “And, they’re a good litmus test for authenticity.” But, even without the domestic audience, McCann believed enough in what he was doing to keep his label going, never deviating from his original vision.

Left_Field_2.jpg

Left_Field_3.jpg

Left_Field_4.jpg

More information can be seen at http://www.commercewithaconscience.info/2010/09/01/happenings-left-field-nyc/ and in our latest blogpost at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/09/left-field-featured-on-commerce-with.html

Does anyone know how to get in touch with him? The only website I have been able to find seems to not have been updated in a decade. I also wish he had better US distribution.

If you use the email on his site, that should get through to him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can find fit pics of both (though not in those colors) at Mortar and Need Supply has pics of the trouser.

Blue Owl Workshop has fit pics of the chinos, but I don't think their fit model makes any of the pants look good/right. Something is off there.

hope that helps!