Left Field Jeans

scotty2

those tweeds look GREAT. sort of wish i had sprung for those, but i ordered one of the high slub indigo rinse ones from denim bar for $100. still amazing denim. shitty fit pics...

8458205_7916f1dd0a.jpg

8458526_25884a742b.jpg

not really liking what's happening in the butt area but hopefully that'll calm down a bit.

i spoke with gordon the other night. the black chinos is a cone denim and its going to have white selvege. he showed me the sample of it. its pretty thin, i was looking for something more thicker. its gonna be in around decemeber time for the holidays. the canvas earth tone color is gonna be in all year round but the black cone denim is only limited time. the earth tone is going to be around $130 and the black selvege is around $140.

also the canvas jawns eltopo has was a sample left field given him (lucky him and &+repp for that) in return was the pictures eltopo provided us. (correct me if im wrong eltopo)

Hey Ipkus!

Just read the end of your posting.

No I bought the chinos at full price and just took the photos for fun and to show fit.

• 1 month later...

I jumped when Context had their Flash 50% sale after New Years and scooped up a pair of the natural indigo jeans for $99. I just did a quick measure of the waistband, and I should be good to go. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.Does anyone know who makes PBJ-005's denim? The fabric of those is similarly slubby and the selvage line (blue) is the same color as these.

• 4 weeks later...

Washing my tweeds today. 6 Months total. Some wear starting to happen.

img0557resize.jpg

img0541resize.jpg

Button

img0545resize.jpg

Coin Pocket

img0546resize.jpg

Good thing I purchased mine, when I did. I have been waiting like 3 months for these things.

I bought the 32s if it makes you feel better... hah!

Also, I think BIG can get more in if you contact them.

I stopped in before work after learning they had one more size 30. It was half impulse buy, so I'll take the weekend to see how I feel about them. Immediate impression is that the fabric and cut are great. The chambray pockets are almost as stiff as the canvas.

How is the sizing? I've got a 32 coming today. And I wonder whether I should have grabbed a 30.

Same here. I bought a 32, but was strongly considering the 30 based off of the BIG measurements.

Really, I was talking to him and I was under the impression that these have already been laundered.

hey RNR - tweeds are lookin great up there! is that before or after the wash? looks like before... can you post some post-wash photos?

i need to wear my tweeds way more than i have.

i have too many jeans.

Yeah, it was prewash. I will post the post wash soon. I usually wait a week or two, because I have noticed that jeans tend to lose a lot of indigo for like the month following a wash.

They have been laundered. But he specifically mentioned that a HOT wash and dry shrunk them to 32.

Ahhh. Cool.

How is the sizing? I've got a 32 coming today. And I wonder whether I should have grabbed a 30.

I think the sizing indicated on the website is accurate. The actual waist is significantly more than the tag size. My size 30s feel more like a 31 or 32. The legs are rather full, with a taper from the knee.

Unfortunately, I've found these chinos don't really fit the niche in my wardrobe that I had hoped to fill. I may bring them back this weekend and grab something else.

Did anybody get their canvas chinos yet and put them through a hot wash? Just wondering what the shrinkage is on them.

I think this was mentioned earlier, but just to reiterate, they should already be at maximum shrinkage. This was confirmed by the folks at BiG.

I don't know much about textiles, but I wonder if canvas, as a plain weave, would feature a less pronounced stretch/shrink characteristic than denim, a twill.

I have made shorts out of canvas before and canvas, if it is 100% cotton, will shrink the same 5-10%.

I did get my pants yesterday and threw them in the wash and I believe there was little change to the measurements of them. I love these pants. The chambray in the pockets is ridiculously stiff. Left field should make some shirts out of it.

looks like they restocked some of those tweed denims too.. i thought those were limited production?

I emailed Gordon about that; he said he got a single size run from Left Field. He specified there wasn't another run of the fabric.

Just picked up the last pair of 36", hoping the shrink is as much as marked, if not more.