Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I've been wearing the tweed denim all day, and just loving the jeans. After the soak, the tweed slubs came to life and make the jeans really interesting.

The jeans didn't shrink in the length as much as Gordon suggested they would.

The top of the watch/coin pocket is even with the top of my belt. I wear a pocket watch and it is easy to access and put back under my belt.

Whoah, I roll with a pocket watch too. After wearing for the past two days the tweed really has begun to come out. I can't get enough of these jeans. They even have a lap felled seam, which is supposedly stronger than the interlock stitch. The chainstitching is done by vintage Union Specials. The antique copper on the rivets, shit just blows my mind.

i shouldn't have, but i placed my order. these just look to beautiful to pass up!

oh, and solidfrog, make it 4 pairs of 32 sold to sufu....

LOL

Finally, i got mine. And I'll have to say that you wont regret your decision english. :D

I like the cut. Denim is great, of course, with good construction and nice detail. What else can you ask for ?

btw, they bleed a lot during the soak. Anyone got the same experience?

Mine didn't bleed much. I did a cold soak though. I did see a lot of the starch (brown stuff) in the water afterwords.

I will try to post more pics this evening. Man these tweed slubs start coming out of the wood work after a weeks worth of wear. Shit is beautiful.

Regarding construction I noticed that the chainstitch around the waist only goes to about an inch from the fly, like many japanese companies. Kinda what Miz was talking about in his thread and how the Japanese could not figure out how Levis got the chainstitch all the way around the waist.

just picked mine up. really love the cut and details! about to go soak them.

noticed the tailors pencil too. but only on the coin pocket. wonder why as it's not like the thread contour would require marking?

can't remember if anyone mentioned that the pocket bag openings are taped as well.

rnrswitch: how long did you soak your's for?

I soaked mine for about 3.5 to 4 hrs. I didn't get much shrinkage. Also, they have stretched out quite a bit just wearing them over the past week.

Some more pics of the tweed denim and hardware.

img2153resizea.jpg

img2158resize.jpg

img2157resize.jpg

img2154resize.jpg

img2159resize.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Copped me a pair of the raw tweeds! This denim is so sick, it's unlike anything I've seen before.

Here's a close up of the denim:

3656552422_d602b566f6.jpg

inside:

3655754365_4a383c5b50.jpg

3656553856_913aa2975d.jpg

Cant wait to see how the tweed behaves as these get worn in, though I probably wont start wearing these until fall/winter.

Thanks to rnrswitch, really helped me with my decision to grab these.

It is almost like an anti-slub because the slubs are from the weft yarns not the warp.

They really start popping out once they are worn in a bit. I almost wish these jeans would not fade. I like them just the way they are, but then again, I think that of almost all my jeans when I first start wearing them. These though are definitely special.

I have some slight light blue spots showing through, but nothing drastic.

They have stretched out quite a bit though.

• 2 weeks later...