Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

On 11/3/2023 at 10:51 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

i never wanted to dress like my middle aged dad when i was younger so i'm sure as hell he doesn't either.

During a ‘casual’ phase in my early teens, I, like many other urban youth, thought it was cool to dress like middle-aged golfers: v-neck woollen sweaters, perhaps with an argyle print, over a polo shirt or roll-neck sweater, teamed with some Farah slacks and, in my case, a pair of burgundy Kickers! What the hell were we thinking!!! 😂

^Anyway l'm not holding my breath 😉

But just in case, and while we're waiting, here's my son's first pair of jeans with a busted seam. These non selvedge H&M jeans were pictured at the start of this thread (on a farm holiday with my ex-wife) but unfortunately they've been wiped out by the great photobucket scam. And here they are now, next to a pair of jeans that currently fit him (he's not fuckin having them!). What a difference!

Also a bonus pic of him wearing his redline selvedge H&M's (whilst out on a local fire station open day) again already discussed earlier in this thread.

I'll grab a pic of him wearing the freewheelers 47s at some point if l ever see them again. Probably already swapped them with someone for something else 😄

20231104_112718.jpg

20231104_112832.jpg

20231104_113301.jpg

Edit. Apologies again for the sideways photos, this has only been happening since the new tech updates

Edited by Dr_Heech
To add pics ... oopsie

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

During a ‘casual’ phase in my early teens, I, like many other urban youth, thought it was cool to dress like middle-aged golfers: v-neck woollen sweaters, perhaps with an argyle print, over a polo shirt or roll-neck sweater, teamed with some Farah slacks and, in my case, a pair of burgundy Kickers! What the hell were we thinking!!! 😂

Alan Partridge?

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Snap. That was the lads' and my school uniform, more or less given school shirt and tie. The alternative to Kickers was Adidas shoes - Corsica, Dakar et al. That kit also doubled up after school, with diamond Pringles and roll necks featuring. That was considered slick at the time!!

• 2 months later...

I’m not sure if this brand has been mentioned in these parts before, P Denim or Pippins Denim. Made in Sheffield but the founder recently sold out to a company based in Leeds.  Here’s their instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/pdenimofficial?igsh=MTNhZXA4MXpnM2c1Yg==

Denim is from Candiani and stitched in Sheffield, although I’m not sure whether that had changed since it changed hands. 

These are the pair that is being passed down my boys. Currently with the middle one  (with the littlest wearing Ryan’s Nippers). 

IMG_2200.thumb.jpeg.50f9ee2575eb4569aaaa23e7e432d172.jpeg

IMG_2201.thumb.jpeg.a57e4ef6440e2591f2211d3bc653d38f.jpeg

IMG_2202.thumb.jpeg.f736e5f6c91c5a483fde53f3510751da.jpeg

My kids been wearing these made in USA Levi’s for a bit. They weren’t exactly unworn but they were quite dark when i first got them. These have become more expensive online and at shops but I’ve had some luck with people in the Midwest who don’t seem to care to do much research. 

IMG_0061.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg