Eternal Jeans

minya

eternal 811, people! that's what this thread is about, remember?

speaking of, it got too cold for my omnigods today so i tried out my new used 811s today. quite a bit warmer. do people experience that around here? some jeans are definitely warmer than others. wonder if it's the combination of denim weight, cotton type and how tight the weave is. ooh, and the fit.

i'm not alone!

thanks watchman. by the way, another thing i noticed about the 811s -- these are pretty darn dark. i wonder which is darker, these or the 103s. it freaked me out a bit when i came home tonight and noticed my hands were blue. had to think for a second. because it was pretty chilly today, i was walking around with my hands in the pockets and i guess the indigo transfered to my hands. good stuff.

Yeah I noticed in my last update on mine that they look black in the full pics, as with Kumo's latest update. The fading is so interesting on the eternals that i try to follow the few other members who have them to see how they're turning out. This next month is going to be very hard on them so i'm looking forward to my february first wash!

to all the eternal owners out there (sounds like a cult) - do you hems keep bleeding all the way to the first wash and after? i haven't dared to put on a pair of leather shoes with my 811s for fear of the bleeding...they've ringed my chucks and slip-ons with light blue already.

while on that note of the Et (no not the taunting part) on the patch, has anyone noticed that the patches that trinket (indigofan) and denim gallery heavy have are much darker than some of the others? ddml's seems almost etched on in comparison...no real colour differences between leather and text. likewise mine only has a faint contrast.

my 811s are hardly getting any airtime. i keep on jumping from one project to the other. geez! what's wrong with me. i wish i could wear them more often but since the fobs arrived and with the edo ai's a priority, the 811s will be a long term project.

Thanks, Chicken. Do you know if the Kuma shrinks to tag size, and if they run true to size?

okay. i don't know why i spaced out, but i don't think you can get the kumas raw. they're all one-washes so you don't have to worry about shrinkage.

then, i checked the measurements on the bears' size, and it looks like the kuma waist is about an inch smaller than the 811s in the same size. for example, the kuma at size 30 has a 72cm (28.3") waist and size 30 811 has a 75cm (29.5") waist.

i bet you this is because the kumas are designed to be worn higher up in the waist, whereas the 811s are designed to be worn more down at the hips. thus, my guess is that they are basically the same, at the end of the day (unless you were planning to wear the kumas really low).