Eternal Jeans

minya

shit, those could be my next blue jeans..... I dont have a regular fit, um except the canes......

Tenchi - nah, you can get raw eternal 811, from bears I think, but they sell out uberquick, I have seen em though, I think they get a batch once or twice a year. Ive never seen the tigers or bears cuts in raw though.

Anybody post these up yet?

http://www.saddlemen.net/jeans/et868.htm

Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Eternals... 18 oz. Straight Cut, from what Google Translator tells me. Looks preeeeetty.

does anyone know anything about the highly irregular weave pattern on those? They look exactly like the samaurai - ai's and the kmw awa's. and they are really cheap.... (comparitiveley anyway)

Comparatively cheap it seems because they are not (as far as I can tell from the google translation) natural indigo denim. All the other slubby jeans, Samurai S510XX-A1, PBJ AI-001, Sugar Cane SC40400N Hawaii's, the new Oni's and the new Kicking Mule's are all glittered with the requisite voodoo of the natural indigo dying process, hence the cost. A bit like a vintage fine wine if you will that's gone thrugh the TLC process through the years = higher rrp.

i figured that was probably the difference. I'm just trying to figure out what's up with the weave. It gives the jeans that streaky look beacuase the tightnes of the weave varies in each little "patch". The whiter bits are an area of tight woven denim while the darker patches are a lot looser so more warp thread sits above the surface of the fabric. It looks almost "sloppy" but in a very controlled manner. I can't wait to see how they fade. I'm guessing the darker patches will fade more quickly as they ar higher above the lighter patches (therefore more exposed to abrasion). Someone needs to buy them....

not un-possible, but i think as far as hank-dyed models go they're usually not streaky... kato denim and skull 5010XX blacks are dyed as such (Kaze some, like shinichi said)

of course i'm sure different techniques of hank dyeing (there must be tonnes of ways to dye a rope of yarn on a hank) would give different effects. someone with a better clue?

as far as i have been able to tell, hank dying leads to a core dyed yarn (yarn that is dyed all the way throung rather than indigo on top/white in the middle). This is based on me hank dying my own yarn and examining hank dyed jeans. Like tweedles said, there are a lot of very different looking hank dyed jeans out there. Not all of them have this patchy look. (SC 40400 for example) The streaky look i've been talking about is definitely a result of the weave. Trust me, i have the KMW-awa's

here -

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dasman989/KmwAwa

So I don't know what the weave is called or how exactly its done. It looks like they've altered the tension on the warp threads but I can't figure out how to vary the tension in a way that would result in what this denim looks like.

Viv, re. the effect, dasman above explains why they have that streaky look. The warp threads vary radically in diameter and thus where adjascent warp threads are quite thick , very little white from the weft is able to peek thru, but anywhere where the warp threads narrow the white from the weft gets to peek out hence the 'flame' effect. Oh and also a loose weave accentuates the effect sometimes, as on the Nudie SSDS models featuring the Italian 'flame' effect redline selcedge denim. Here are a few pics of said jeans that might illustrate the point but it's really hard (as I found out) to photograph the effect.

sv13.jpg

sv8.jpg

sv9.jpg

mmmm, I wonder if its the warp thread being irregular in thickness or if they are irregulary dyed leading to irregular thickness, or like dasman said if its just an irregular weave with loose tension accentuating irregular warps......

Thanks for all the info guys, so many variables!

I love those nudies.

mmmm, I wonder if its the warp thread being irregular in thickness or if they are irregulary dyed leading to irregular thickness, or like dasman said if its just an irregular weave with loose tension accentuating irregular warps......

Thanks for all the info guys, so many variables!

I love those nudies.

I'm wearing a pair of flame dry svens right now! I really like them but I hate the fact that wind blows right through the jeans (perhaps due to the loose weave) so I can't wear em when it's freezing outside. Anyway, if I remember correctly, Ande Whall V2 had this type of streaky denim as well.

I have to say I'm really impressed by these jeans. The denim strikes a nice balance between soft and stiff and strangely they're even warmer than my 21oz iron hearts. There's def some bleeding action going on but not as much as some other jeans I have (a pair of cut & sew custom jeans I have from earnest sewn comes to mind). I still cant believe that I had to buy a size 40, but the fit is def really nice and closer to a 36.