Eternal Jeans

minya

You remember my plea about the eternals 868s in a size 30, well poly and synthi very kindly replied and so I gave the links to 2000db, unfortunately for various reasons 2000db could not order immediately and now they are sold out in size 30 at both places.

ETERNALS 10TH ANNIVERSARY 868s in SIZE 30 wanted

if anyone knows of anywhere that has these please PM me.

soooooo, i got a pair of the eternal x bears in a size 33. the waist is pretty good and snug took a second for the buttons, and i think they will stretch perfectly. but the legs are just a LITTLE too big for my taste. i was wondering if the legs will shirnk at all, even a couple cm's with a soak? or if a soak just wont do anything

soooooo, i got a pair of the eternal x bears in a size 33. the waist is pretty good and snug took a second for the buttons, and i think they will stretch perfectly. but the legs are just a LITTLE too big for my taste. i was wondering if the legs will shirnk at all, even a couple cm's with a soak? or if a soak just wont do anything

a wash shrunk up my 811s, but it may have just been the amount by which i had stretched them through wear. they did seem to twist more. and when i ironed the selvage flat, it seemed to make the legs a bit tighter, too.

art_sky: they look good! did you wash?

Uhh ohh....Did a cold wash and the jeans are done dripping now, just damp, and they are TINY. Like can not even cover my mid section, the top button seems to have moved down my body 2 inches. I stretched them in all different directions by hand and will see how this worked out when I try them on when dry, but moving in them when damp made me think they were going to rip. Looks like they twisted alot more too.

All this really suprised me as I had HOT soaked them a few times for long periods of time and they were one-wash too. I thought the shrinkage was out of the way.

Matt

The sizing on these jeans has made me think twice as much as I did during my sophmore year in high school. I'm going for my true size after all.

The sizing on these is tough - see my posts above. I went with my "true" size of 32 and from the minute I put them on they felt a tad big. Granted, I prefer them to be on the tight side. So I sold the 32s, got 31s (which is my SD-103 size) and after 2 days of wear and a moderate amount of pain, these have stretched to perfection.

People may disagree with me, but that's my experience. Hope that helps.

I'm interested in the 811s, but just wanting to confirm that the fit is what I'm after before I pull the trigger...

I have a pair of Imperial dukes (w30) that I really like the fit of. I lined the measurements from those up against the 811 measurements on BiG and they are pretty damn similar, except the front rise on the 811s is a little lower, and the back rise is a little higher.

How do the 811s sit on the waist? Do you have to wear them high, or can you wear them mid/a little low without getting a bad hip-flare going? The dukes are good in that they are straight in the hips, so you can wear them lowish. Are the eternals the same, or do they have a slight hip flare? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Also, what other jeans would you compare the fit on these to?

Thirdly - I've read conflicting measurements of the hem on the 30w. BiG says 7.5"/19cm, Bears and More-net say 20cm. Anyone with a pair of 30s that can measure the hem for me? (I want 19cm!!)

I don't understand why people are buying these from BiG. It's $30~40cheaper using a proxy to buy from Bears..

i probably wouldn't buy from BIG but that's because i don't live in the US and A, but if you're american you have someone speaking your language to answer questions (on the phone even) and they do returns and so on. that's worth 30-40 bucks to many people.

Anyone wanna drop some knowledge on me re my questions from the previous page? (quoted below). DDML and TIP, I know you guys can help me out. (Let me know if these questions have been answered elsewhere - I read the entire thread, but I may have missed something...). Thanks.

DDML - detail pics look amazing btw. Especially the grain of the denim on the back pocket.

I'm interested in the 811s, but just wanting to confirm that the fit is what I'm after before I pull the trigger...

I have a pair of Imperial dukes (w30) that I really like the fit of. I lined the measurements from those up against the 811 measurements on BiG and they are pretty damn similar, except the front rise on the 811s is a little lower, and the back rise is a little higher.

How do the 811s sit on the waist? Do you have to wear them high, or can you wear them mid/a little low without getting a bad hip-flare going? The dukes are good in that they are straight in the hips, so you can wear them lowish. Are the eternals the same, or do they have a slight hip flare? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Also, what other jeans would you compare the fit on these to?

Thirdly - I've read conflicting measurements of the hem on the 30w. BiG says 7.5"/19cm, Bears and More-net say 20cm. Anyone with a pair of 30s that can measure the hem for me? (I want 19cm!!)

Hi choice_genes, I don't have a pair of Eternals so I can't really tell you too much about the fit but I do know that the 811s are a '66 cut so I would suspect that the fit is comparable to other '66 cuts like SDA 103s. Whether 811s run slimmer or fuller than SDAs or other '66 cuts is beyond me, but I'm sure someone could chime in with some more info.

oh, sorry choice_genes

i don't have imperials, can't help you there. i don't have a pair of jeans that fit the same as the 811s, either. maybe straight sven? i've tried those on and the fit was similar, though the 811s have a higher rise.

as far as hip-flare, if there is one, i haven't noticed it. i am thinking no.

as far as wearing eternals, you can wear them high/mid/low. whatever. i don't know. when you get them you will figure out for yourself where you like them to sit. i just wouldn't size down because they are slim in the thigh.

i will measure the hem later on my 30s.

if you want 19cms, why don't you just get them?

Anyone wanna drop some knowledge on me re my questions from the previous page? (quoted below). DDML and TIP, I know you guys can help me out. (Let me know if these questions have been answered elsewhere - I read the entire thread, but I may have missed something...). Thanks.

DDML - detail pics look amazing btw. Especially the grain of the denim on the back pocket.

i wear my eternals mid- to low-slung, and because my legs are pretty skinny, they're actually more a regular-fit on me. hip flare is present but minimal--i've found that when i wear a dress shirt it falls nicely onto the hip, and so it's not really a problem. hence my eternals serve as slightly dressier jeans for me, with a shirt and nice shoes for occasions.

from what i remember of the dukes, they were way slimmer in the leg than my eternals, and perhaps because my 811s are not really an equivalent size (i think mine are one size too big, but it does alright) the dukes seem to have a much higher rise, albeit completely straight through the hips. to answer your question--i'm sure you could slouch them, no problem.

i would take a measurement, only that my jeans are a 31. i'm normally a 29/30, for reference.