Eternal Jeans

minya

Guest engteach

Has anyone noticed that the rivets on the inside of the 811s say UNIVERSAL? They seem to have a fascination with the realm of the infinite.

Ooooo fuck, get over yourself, stop looking for mystery, you live you die, and hope to have a good time in the middle. The guy who runs the company is a fan of old westerns, his fave is Albuquerque, the rivet is like, an homage I guess, to the studio. If you take your head out of the toilet you'll realise it really isn't that deep.

Guest engteach

HA! I certainly wasn't suggesting a denim company is/should be any sort of philosophical compass, Dick.

I was simply just pointing out a similarity in word choice, Dick.

But thanks for the tough love, Dick; I think you just may have changed my life, Dick.

Hey guys, I took delivery of my 30" 811s today! First of all thanks again for all your help/advice on these.

They are beautiful jeans, but I am not sure if they are me (they may be up in supermarket soon!). As has been mentioned a thousand times here, the denim is really amazing. So dark and deep in colour, and with such character. And construction is top-notch. I think the fit is a little too straight down from the thigh for me.

As for the comparison between these and 30" Imperial dukes that I promised:

* Eternals are a more traditional cut, designed to be worn higher on the waist. There is a tiny bit of hip-flare in the eternal, which is not present in the dukes.

* If you fit a duke 30, you will fit an 811 30. The waist is very similar.

* Thighs on dukes seem to be a little more relaxed (maybe an extra 1cm), tapers down to the knee a little more; whereas the 811 thigh is slim, and does not taper down much to the knee.

* lower leg (knee down) seems to be pretty much the same.

Hope this helps any future buyers! Cheers.

Yeah I am actually thinking of the skull 5010xx 6x6. My friend chapital (also a melbourne boy) has a pair - i've tried them. My only problem with them is that the thigh is pretty damn slim. But they are better in the lower leg. I dunnoo....I tried the eternals on again just before, and I was warming to them. Still undecided! .....

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

wow, it's amazing how sizing is all over the board on these. I wear 28 NS, 30 PBJ, and 29/20 samurai. I couldn't even pull the two buttons together in a 30 811. 31's were extremely tight in the waist. 32's felt much better. i guess people buying these will just have to take a crap shoot or order two sizes and sell the other one.

btw, those are some amazing fades on this page...

wow, it's amazing how sizing is all over the board on these. I wear 28 NS, 30 PBJ, and 29/20 samurai. I couldn't even pull the two buttons together in a 30 811. 31's were extremely tight in the waist. 32's felt much better. i guess people buying these will just have to take a crap shoot or order two sizes and sell the other one.

btw, those are some amazing fades on this page...

i know exactly what you're talking about braidkid. When i was in shibuya i tried on a pair of 811's. Tried a 30 (my normal waist) and there is no way i could have even put my legs through them. had to go up to a 33 to even button it. I'm really confused with eternal, probably one of the reasons why i haven't taken the plunge.

i know exactly what you're talking about braidkid. When i was in shibuya i tried on a pair of 811's. Tried a 30 (my normal waist) and there is no way i could have even put my legs through them. had to go up to a 33 to even button it. I'm really confused with eternal, probably one of the reasons why i haven't taken the plunge.

Just tried on some one wash Eternals from Take5 in HK. I usually wear a 30 but the only ones that fit were the 33s. I think the 32s would be ideal (none were in stock at the time), which would be tight but would loosen to a perfect fit.

WIth the Eternal 811s, I think you need to take your normal waist size and add 2 to it.

I bought a pair of 29's and they took me all of four seconds to button up all the way. I could have easily taken a 28. . .

I fit into a size 26 APC NS, 30 in PBJxx005, and 28 in SD-103.

Are you guys wearing these right at the waistline or something else? For what it's worth, I started out wearing them at my waist, but they gradually stretched out to the point where they're a bit slouched now. I have to wear a belt and everything. It seems like an inconsistency on the part of Eternal? I don't know . . .

I'm 5'7, 145 lbs. for reference and not really the skinny type.