Eternal Jeans

minya

I bought a pair of 29's and they took me all of four seconds to button up all the way. I could have easily taken a 28. . .

I fit into a size 26 APC NS, 30 in PBJxx005, and 28 in SD-103.

Are you guys wearing these right at the waistline or something else? For what it's worth, I started out wearing them at my waist, but they gradually stretched out to the point where they're a bit slouched now. I have to wear a belt and everything. It seems like an inconsistency on the part of Eternal? I don't know . . .

I'm 5'7, 145 lbs. for reference and not really the skinny type.

?@#$^!?

i'm 5'7 and 136lbs right now. not sure if i could go down to a 29 in 811s. do i have a giant ass or something?

Examine the sizing charts VERY closely, including thigh and rise etc. I normally wear a 36 or a 38 and I purchased a 40 in these and am glad that I did. The top two buttons were still kind of tough to do up although they've stretched nicely. The fit on the sizing up is just about right - not tight, looks very classic. I would definitely advise against sizing down, although maybe it works differently in the smaller sizes as seems to be the case with the SC 1947s

?@#$^!?

i'm 5'7 and 136lbs right now. not sure if i could go down to a 29 in 811s. do i have a giant ass or something?

Wow, I actually consider my ass (and thighs) huge. When I ordered my pair from rakuten vari, I made sure that every measurement besides the waist would fit me and finally decided to size down 1 (I'm naturally a 30 waist). I'm at about one month with them and they've stretched out from a perfect 29 waist to 31. Oh, and I bought them one-wash and hot soaked them. So . . . yeah, I don't know @_@

It surprises me a little to see how much trouble the fit on these has given people. It's a slim fit, not really tight, but slim enough to be flattering AND it has a good amount of room in the crotch for all of our big packages. Call me crazy, but I actually think it's best to get your true size and toughen it out for a perfect fit.

i was in severe pain the first week or so with my 811's

i wore them without the top button, sometimes top 2 buttons undone.

it came to the point where i felt like a fool for buying them in the size but after reading around i soaked the waistband and i couldnt be happier.

One of the earlier posters here recommended going for a bike ride in them. I concur. I bought my true size 34 but I'll be the first to admit I needed top lose a couple of pounds off my stomach. Gee, I was in pain for two days. But after 3 or 4 days, a good long walk and a painful bike ride, they stretched beautifully. I've had them now for 2 months and given them 2 washes. They are certainly unforgiving to the fuller figure. The slim cut suits a slim person. They are encouraging me to get in better shape.

If you like a jean that is mid-rise and slightly narrower in the leg than a typical straight jean, then these are a good bet - perfect for deseart boots and other ankle boots.

Once I get my new camera I'll have the gf take some pix of me wearing them. I wouldn't call the fit I have "oversized" but it's a little bit like sizing up one on a slim jim. I usually like my clothes to actually fit but they look pretty good as is... Stay tuned.

Thanks for the comments. It takes a great deal of wear before things start showing though - definitely not for the impatient. Even if you look at one of the Bear's samples, worn 1.5 years, the lower part of the legs is still noticeably dark:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/sample-eternal-811/

In addition to the dye being very deep, the fabric itself is very tough. The stitching on the crotch on my jeans is starting to fray - you can see this if you look closely at this picture. However, the fabric around that area shows no signs of thinning, stretching, or deteriorating at all.

Just a quick question: As you can see, the stitching around the right pocket has come off slightly, and I'd like to prevent it from unravelling. Is it better to snip it? Or just leave it?

dscn5396jq4.jpg

Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but here is the rest of the Bear's "colour sample" jeans:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/c/0000000139/

Ok, so whilst looking through bears shop after clicking jooles's link I happened to stumble upon these badass bitches :

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-872/

eternal 872. Similar cut to the 868, must be identical fabric. For all intents and purposes the same jean in my eyes - except for the absense of "10TH ANNIVERSARY" specialties like numbers on the pocket tags, an indigo hanky or the a patch reminding you of the decade of eternal. 18oz, streakishly slubby. Heres the best bit - 30, 32, and 34 in stock.

You know I went a bit nuts over these, trying to get my size, lots of people wanted a pair but couldnt find any. Maybe eternal had some yards left over from 350 tenth anniversary jeans and knocked a few of these out under a slightly different name? I dunno.

WHERE CAN I GET THESE?

Try the Maeno Corp site : http://www.maeno.co.jp/eternal/eternalflame.html

There was a dealer list section for Eternal, but it was under construction a while back.

wow apparently 2 years later they still have not updated their site, it still says under construction in the dealer section.

I got my 868s from this guy. Shipped to Australia via EMS with no problems. (and this was before he even put the 868s up. I found them on Varishop and he got them for me).

Fark...never knew he had the 10th anniversaries...

Might have to settle with the 872s..

I got 811s in the same size as my Sugar Canes and right now they look like girls jeans. I can feel them gradually loosening up but I think i need a miracle.

Which Canes do you have and in what size? Were your Canes sized-down? Still trying to figure out what size 811s to get.

sc1945 in a size 32. my waist is 33 give or take half an inch. the waist in my eternal 811s fits fine but the legs are just so damn tight. if you remind me I can tell you how much they have stretched in a week or so

Good to know - cheers

Depends on how big your thighs are, I guess. I checked the sizing of the SDA103 (actually the D1293 which no store seems to have atm) and I would have fit into a 32. I usually fit a 32 with Canes, but (when) I get my 811s, I'm going to go for a 34 because my thighs are going to be too big for the jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

i did do a search for these but came up with nothing. does anyone have any info on these eternals?

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2Fbears%2Feternal-864%2F&lp=ja_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

i was thinking about getting a pair of 811's but they seem to be too roomy in the thighs. i'd like something a little more fitted. these seem to fit the bill.

i did do a search for these but came up with nothing. does anyone have any info on these eternals?

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2Fbears%2Feternal-864%2F&lp=ja_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

i was thinking about getting a pair of 811's but they seem to be too roomy in the thighs. i'd like something a little more fitted. these seem to fit the bill.

i would say either that, or this for even slimmer fit if they have your size. bears post measurements on their website, which should help you out in deciding between the two.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-tr/

anyone know if the 872s would look similar to the natural indigo Oni shoais?

having personally seen both pairs the slub is pretty much the same, but the dye on 872s isnt quite on par with the oni shoai. shoai has a deeper dye, with a hint of green to it where as 872 is more of pure blue dye which IMO looks plain and uncharacteristic.

sc1945 in a size 32. my waist is 33 give or take half an inch. the waist in my eternal 811s fits fine but the legs are just so damn tight. if you remind me I can tell you how much they have stretched in a week or so

I just picked up a pair and I was hoping the the thighs would relax in a week's time.

Any luck?

some quick eternal detail shots:

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

the stitching is coming out so much around the zippo that the pocket bag is starting to tear. I hope it just frays the denim isntead of having to sew up a pocket bag again haha.