Eternal Jeans

minya

received my 883's in size 32 today - they fit great. for reference, i'm 6'1/165lb and also a 32 in sam 710's and momo 0701's. in terms of sizing, these are significantly more tapered in the leg than sam 710's but not quite as narrow as momo 0701's. since they are one-washed i haven't soaked them, did anyone bother soaking there's? i figure i'll just wait a few months to give them a proper wash.

Edited by conqueror

Loving the look the denim on the Eternal thread.  Making we want some!   I'm currently wearing PBJ-007 and Skull 5010 BK - both really cool, but I feel like I'm lacking a very basic pair of indigo warp/white weft selvedge jeans.  I think I've got the choice narrowed down to Eternals or Flat Heads.  Only thing that makes me hesitate about the Eternals is the fact that the model I like - the 883 - seems only to be available once-washed at BiG, while I can get the FH's (F2001) raw at SE.  In principle I prefer to buy my jeans raw.  You guys think it matters?  Any other thoughts about which denim is mo betta?

AFAIK the 883 is only available in one-wash condition. Which is a shame since I also prefer raw models. Denim-wise Eternal and Flathead are similar. Both dark, dyed a lots of times (30x Vs 24x), high potential for vertical fading, can be washed a lot and stay dark.

Can't go wrong with either. First, try to get the best fit for your build/style and then think about ow or raw.

Raw v one wash doesn't matter to me as I always wash (rather than soak) my raw jeans before I wear them. I used to wash at 60C but my preferred method is now two 40C washes, allowing them to line dry in between. I never use a tumble drier.

As for Flat Head 3XXX v Eternal denim - I've owned both and they are very similar. As you know, they're both 14.5oz, deep-dyed, characterised by vertical falling. I think the key factor/differentiator between the models here should be the cut you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

Small question regarding the 883... I've just received them in 32 (I took the same tag size as my Sams S5000) and they feel tight. I mean, I'm able to button up but they're not really comfy right now especially in the waist... So I wanted to know if those will stretch a bit or not. I think I won't need that much but 1' should be great.

Thanks!

yo, i would say if they're raw and they're tight like that then i would return them. if they're washed and they feel like that i would probably return them still because i don't like tight jeans--hell my 811 aren't as loose as i'd prefer.

Thanks for the advice guys. They're one wash (i don't know if the 883's can be found raw). But actually, they become kinda great :D I will post some fit pics when I won't be too lazy! And yeah, the 1109's are dope! Fit is good and denim is really different from I already have so all good with those. But I really think I'm gonna keep my Eternal this way. And even if I usually prefer more relaxed fit, it's always great to have different kind of fits. And by the way, I also have some 66XX's that are drying at the moment. Can't wait to see how those fits cause they looked really great pre soak so, should be alright also for those ones!

Thanks again anyway!

• 1 month later...

Thx Flo!

3 years back or so, I had Atzec's 811 for reference. That was a size 33 and back then I already knew I would opt for a size 34 if I ever buy a pair of these. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed with them or the denim when I had them :D

eternal811fitpicred.jpg

B_F,  You posted this fit pic about a year ago.  It comes up in an Eternal 883 google search.  This fit is perfect!  What model is this 811 or 883?

Thanks!!