Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

pm sent playa! send country kwencher and fuzzzy naval puh-leeze!

to those that participated (where's kitty?). . .it was all about the ride. some really fun stuff over the year of the contest. i really loved all the pic's from everyone. bijan's were very, very sublime. adum's pair were stunning in my eye's. hope he gives them another year of good wear, they'll be sick. Haga's, almostnice, Leicalad, klue!!!, i could go on and on. . .all really great.

lookin forward to the Eternal gig. two+ years is gonna be unreal. hey, do i get on the FullCount olympic team for the four year pair???

shit, looks like the jeans are great! smoke some of hollands finest with some heartbroken oranje fan for me. i feel their pain, even though today im rocking #9 Fernando Torres(spain).

trip to the zoo today with the wife and the little bambinos. Ive been wearing my Fullcounts again the past few days (wearing mostly my Warehouse 660s these days; perfect for the warmer weather). FCs need a repair urgently around the crotch though

f_g3fyvs6cvom_704b025.jpg

PS: Fullcounts are in reality not so washed out as the next photo would suggest. Guess its the sun playing tricks on the denim.

f_fms6p339mm_755bf86.jpg

Ive been wearing my Fullcounts again the past few days (wearing mostly my Warehouse 660s these days; perfect for the warmer weather). FCs need a repair urgently around the crotch though

]

I did a time consuming crotch repair with my mothers sewing machine 2 weeks ago. Will say here when I've posted in the repair thread (right know the computer is really slow because it's processing a big mp3).

About Hollands finest I can say that it's powerful stuff for my scrawny scandinavian body, couldn't resist though when it's so easy accessible.

And thanks for the rep people.

dsc08849.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

even tho the contest is over, WE must CARRY ON! got up Sat morning and headed Union City aka little Cuba. Miami has the biggest population of Cubans. this place is numero dos.

IMG_5124.jpg

my brother loves this place. i forget the name, but it's on Bergenline Ave. (the pic is not the actual place we ate at, sorry)

IMG_5116.jpg

this is what we're here for! pastellas and cuban sandwiches. (alto i don't eat ham or pork) no worries. . .got plenty of other stuff.

IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg

Sarah approves of the Cuban sandwich

IMG_5121.jpg

we finish up and he drives us to the PATH station in Hoboken.

IMG_5127.jpg

to spend some time at the MOMA

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

some weird orifice thing that almostnice would like.

IMG_5191.jpg

AND of course, the best damn exhibit in the whole damn building. . . the denim sculpture!

IMG_5208.jpg

how did you size your 1108's TV ? i think youve just sold me on a pair they look awsome, ill have to go with the standard denim tho

go out and buy some now! the reg FC denim fades just as great. (i've seen Salaami's in person and they're sick) the reg denim is a tad bit lighter in weight. at the time i purchased these (size 32 TTS), i was a bit skinnier. i can still button up the top button, but if i had to order today- i'd prob go with a 33 or 34. but, I"M GONNA BE HITTING THE GYM soon and workin on gettin the beer gut under control! so i'm ok for now still fitting into these.

on a BiG (pun intended) i was at the store friday and (why do i always forget his name, the salesguy, supernice dude) and he took them in the back and did some re-inforcement stitching on the back area and the yoke. these are ready to go another couple of years now!

Beat's- cause it's summer time and he wouldn't dare put any jeans on! ;) think some skulls or PBJ's would do him justice tho. . .:D

Did they still have that performance artist at the MOMA?

When my wife and I went to that and the Natural History Museum there weren't nearly that many people there.

Did you happen to see the black 1108s? I'm waiting for BiG to put some up.

His name is Gordon.

I had to wash my regular 1108s on Monday since I was kneeling on the salt at Bonneville and it made the knees of my jeans rock hard. Should have taken pictures.

DP- c'mon man! i know Gordon! fo chis' sakes. . . the OTHER dude. :P and he's not asian. somebody please tell me his name please.

I don't recall seein the black FC's. but i tend to get dizzy and blackout when i'm around all that amazing denim. Sam 710 denim is always amazing. (fuck i wanna pair so bad) the new Oni's are just sick. the SDA ducks are outta this planet. I always underestimate how ridiculous PBJ denim is until i put my hands on it. i got my hands on a Left Field tee. (gf got it for me!)

are you talkin bout the nude performers at the MOMA? Vinn mentioned something about that. if so, no. darn. the Nat Mus was pretty busy. maybe it had something to do with the weather or bc it was a Saturday. post some pic's of your 1108's soon man! did you take your bike out on the Flats?? would be sick!

• 2 weeks later...

i washed to clear my rack [for fall/winter rotation], but i realize, it's just such a shame to put 'em away on its "prime".

after the double wash, the once murky fadez turned bright & a ton of ataris just jumped out. it's easier to photograph the jeans when newer cuz the creases are more defined & fade, quite contrasty. now, it has become more personal cuz it's a bit harder to post & share the details. these are some shots i was able to come away with:

FCfX6W.jpg

FCbX6w-1.jpg

FCwhskrX6W.jpg

FCbtnX6W.jpg

i don't know how the road to the "grail" is paved, but i'm guessing once a pair of jeans has reached that point were it's becoming indescribable [in words], then it has elevated to the sublime__ not grail, but i imagine, a step closer towards.