Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

it's tricky since the start of the contest was delayed, which lead to non-synchronized start times for everyone. so the bottom line is the contestants need to get the pics in ASAP.

Nah, the bottom line is an entry date cut off of April 1st was announced at least a month ago. That date is come and gone, so entries should be closed and judging should be done. I realize Gordon would like a helluva lot more than 17 entries (as would I), but the air kinda went outta this contest last summer (and I'm noticing with some other contests here that everyone is gung-ho at the beginning, but that seems to fade fast), and that's probably all he's going to get. The people who care about this contest have already posted their pix in the conclusion thread, and submitted pix to Gordon. Let's wrap this thing up.

setterman, after reading your response to my post, i only have one thing to say.............

I CONCUR WHOLEHEARTEDLY. i have noticed that everyone is all hyped-up as soon as things are getting underway, but then things don't get good until after like 6 months or so, and then it fizzles out. so the people who were serious contestants(whether they really have a chance in hell or not) have already submitted their pics. miki-san should judge, winners announced, and prizes dispersed. we always have a lot of cats who preorder the jeans at the group discount rate, and then save the jeans for a much later time.

G-dawg is going to sendthe pictures to Miki from FC to judge. A web page will be sorted out off of BiGs site. I'm sure the results be released in a few weeks.

Cool, thanks for the heads up, and glad to hear Full Count is getting involved. I'm sure they'll be dissappointed in the final turn out, but hopefully they're happy with the results. I know there are a couple favorites, but IMO there's at least six or seven pair that contend for first place.

Hmm. I think I feel more like one of the johns.

Ah! It felt so good.

Can we do this again?

LL

got my pair on, in spite of the Bangkok heat!

don't feel bad haga, it's the worlds oldest profession. most hoes only get a sore throat and a wet wipe, you got uber-rare green line FC selvage! not so bad, is it?

2vvoz6p.jpg

true true. miki made $$$ out of this(he's a rich pimp anyway). it was a win-win.

gordon made way than miki out of this... BiG pretty much marks up everything by 100% from the japanese wholesale price.

gordon made way than miki out of this... BiG pretty much marks up everything by 100% from the japanese wholesale price.

you are such an imbecile it makes my brain hurt.

that's called retail.

standard markups are usually 100-110%.

how is gordon supposed to stay in business?

you realize that manufacturers make a profit on their wholesale prices, right? that's how they stay in business.

do you have some issue with BiG that you'd like to share?

you are such an imbecile it makes my brain hurt.

that's called retail.

standard markups are usually 100-110%.

how is gordon supposed to stay in business?

you realize that manufacturers make a profit on their wholesale prices, right? that's how they stay in business.

do you have some issue with BiG that you'd like to share?

what's your problem?? NEG!!

Did I say i had a problem with BiG? all i said was Gordon made big bux out of this contest -even more than miki-san!

Why dont you just buy everything at 5 times the price to help them stay business??

Were you 2 even in this contest? When I see this thread updated I get excited because I think there's news or results, and instead I read this shit.

Same here, when I saw this thread was bumped I got excited and thought the results might have been posted. Please, no more posting in this thread until DP posts the results!

ive been wearing my warehouse 660s and samurais s0500xx these days but the fullcounts have helped me out a lot during the demolition works of the renovation of my house. they were dusty as hell, today gave them a handwash and had them sun-dried. tomorrow pics.

soaking the dust out of the jeans ; had to change the water three times

f_ugw894x8m_41daa70.jpg

f_ugw894x9m_4640435.jpg

and here the results

xpost with jeans evo

Fullcount 1108 x BiG contest jeans; worn a little over a year, pictures taken inside, actual color is lighter

f_2l6eg5sdm_7ee6925.jpg

f_2l6eg5sem_883e960.jpg

f_2l6eg5sfm_8518da4.jpg

Gorgeous stuff man. Picking up some standard 1108 tomorrow.

Hoping Gordon might have some insight on if a non limited edition version of those 15oz. might ever be available. Would love to get some in the future too.

yo- i've put my contest 1108's side by side w/ Salaami's standard 1108's and i can tell you that you will not be disappointed. excellent choice man.

Ordered the last pair of 1108C size 40s Sunday night, hope to have 'em tomorrow or Thursday. I tried on a size 38 1108C at the start of the contest, and they were too small. Went with a size 40 0105C for the contest and they were a bit big. Hopefully these 1108s work out good, and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back into a fresh pair of FCs after wearing my LVC 1955s (cultizm contest) for pretty much the past two months. I love the way the Levis fit, but it's tough to beat FC's denim.

, but it's tough to beat FC's denim.

a wise man has spoken. what up TV! now get your ass in those 66xx:D. not many of us have the ability to wear a collector's item as it becomes such. belt is on the way as soon as i get some $$$...

I wanted to get the last pair of size 32 1108Cs but they sold. I'll be in NYC next week so I'm getting a new pair of jeans either way.

Hey DP! I, for one, would be very interested to hear your summary of the decision process when you make your choice.

I'm still wearing my pair, even in the fierce April heat of Bangkok. Choosing the "prime" follow-on pair to these is going to be tough. I'm appreciating the thoughts of those who've been in this contest, 'cause they'll better understand the parameters of the choice.

Setterman: You and I are in the same size territory. Me, because I'm decidedly 25bls overweight. You, probably because you're fit and just really big.

I did a 38 in these. In the bigger sizes, it's a fine line between getting a rise, particularly back rise, that assures against plumber ass but doesn't end up saggy when they're broken in. I think these FC contest jeans did it just right. And it's a major reason why finding a pair to follow is a challenge.

(Yes, I could simply replace with standard issue model, but I like the idea of exploring a new denim that claims (is claimed) to be better -- but can at least match the cut of these.)

Big dream, eh?

Thanks, guy!

LL

:cool: