Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

just talked to ande today and he said in about 3 weeks he's switching to all Japanese denim. No more cone mills. What the biggest difference between Japanese and cone mills denim?

Without knowing anything about the new denim he's using, I'd guess that the shipping costs are much cheaper from Japan compared to the US.

Guys I want to ask bout the fit on the Sanforized Raker... My true size is 30", however I want to buy size 31".... will the waist stretch much more?? Because if yes, then it will be disastrous for me... and will it fit like thin finn?? because currently im using Thinn Finn Dry Stretch size 30"...

And one more thing, what is the the difference between sanforized and STF (shrink to fit) denim??

Thanks guys..

Ok, it's been discussed a zillion times....

1. no they dont stretch much like noobies

2. no they dont fit like thin finns.....

3. i'm not answering ur sizing question.....dont be lazy, read the thread.

Guys I want to ask bout the fit on the Sanforized Raker... My true size is 30", however I want to buy size 31".... will the waist stretch much more?? Because if yes, then it will be disastrous for me... and will it fit like thin finn?? because currently im using Thinn Finn Dry Stretch size 30"...

b

And one more thing, what is the the difference between sanforized and STF (shrink to fit) denim??

Thanks guys..

Ok, it's been discussed a zillion times....

1. no they dont stretch much like noobies

2. no they dont fit like thin finns.....

3. i'm not answering ur sizing question.....dont be lazy, read the thread.

Ok mate, take it easy...

I understand that for STF denim I need to size up by 1, as Ande recommends.. However for the sanforized we need to keep true to size right?!

My question is, if I size-up on the sanforized one, can it shrink just like the STF one... And, which type of denim do you guys reccommend more??

Sorry if Im too dumb, but im expecting you guys to help me here... thanks..

Ok mate, take it easy...

I understand that for STF denim I need to size up by 1, as Ande recommends.. However for the sanforized we need to keep true to size right?!

My question is, if I size-up on the sanforized one, can it shrink just like the STF one... And, which type of denim do you guys reccommend more??

Sorry if Im too dumb, but im expecting you guys to help me here... thanks..

STF = Shrink To Fit

Sanforized is preshrunk.

That means you should not size up on sanforized denim because it will not shrink. Please look up the meanings of the words before you ask.

Ok let's just put u out of your miserable... and safe ande some trouble.

these are for sanforised denim:

if u get rakers, size up 1 from ur true size

if u get grifter, go TTS

for STF, poly800rock recommends sizing up 2 instead of one, hence:

if u get rakers, size up 3.

if u get grifter, size up 2.

Nudies are vanity sized. hence sz30 =31!

SAN: for rakers get 32.

grifters get 31

STF : rakers get 33

grifters get 32

by the way, my TTS grifters are skinnier than my thin finns.

Hi guys. Anyone can e-mail me directly of course, I answer all e-mails about sizing, what style would suit you best, whats the weather up too etc.....I just stopped replying to the "Yoooo! how do I get into the denimzzz game" ones.

To answer some frequent questions. The SZ denim is sold out and won't be re-stocked. There is still the XX-DI and the SZ-BK denim left although not many pairs left on both rolls. Then I will be switching to just one really nice 14.5oz, sanforized dark indigo denim from Japan. A couple of construction details will change also.

I won't be doing black denim again for a while, so if anyone wants those, you best grab some in the next 2-3 weeks.

the STF is MUCH darker than the sanforized denim. I love my pair, although I've been eating too much and stretch isn't as bad on the STF. I forgot how long it takes for Andewhall denim to fade, I've been wearing them everyday or so for 2 months now and hardly put a dent in them. These are always an interesting denim to break in, should be interesting to see how the ande's japanese denim holds up next to the american cone denim of my pair.

Hey guys,

I've just received my Rakers this morning; and I thought I want to share with you guys... This pair of jeans is the by far the best quality denim that I ever have, the detail is just magnificent... thanks Ande for making these jeans for us.. :)

btw, this is Sanforized rakers, size up by 1"... How's my fit in the jeans?? (sorry for shitty phone's camera)

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/b7ff/Ande%20Whall%20Raker/IMG00167-20091015-1003.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/b7ff/Ande%20Whall%20Raker/IMG00169-20091015-1003.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/b7ff/Ande%20Whall%20Raker/IMG00170-20091015-1003.jpg