Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

i ordered tone on tone black grifters.... they were suppose to arrive at the lastest tuesday this week, but they didnt.... and the thing is... i fucking live in NZ!!! NZ post is sometimes not so reliable... anyone experience long waits b4??

i ordered tone on tone black grifters.... they were suppose to arrive at the lastest tuesday this week, but they didnt.... and the thing is... i fucking live in NZ!!! NZ post is really really really crap!!!! anyone experience long waits b4??

That's odd. I received my slackers the day after Ande emailed me that it was in the post. But one of my deliveries from trademe didn't come for 2 weeks and that was a nice example of NZ post at its worst.

After your jeans were sent you e-mailed and asked if they were shipped standard or courier as you've had problems with deliveries due to your apartment address. Don't stress they will turn up, I'll look into it.

I use Standard International shipping which is free worldwide, it's not the quickest around 6-10 days. I have been looking at alternatives, Express Courier is really steep, 1-3 days but at approx $55US, it's really quite expensive. NZ Post is good, out of the hundreds of packages over the years they have only lost one in France.

i ordered tone on tone black grifters.... they were suppose to arrive at the lastest tuesday this week, but they didnt.... and the thing is... i fucking live in NZ!!! NZ post is really really really crap!!!! anyone experience long waits b4??

After your jeans were sent you e-mailed and asked if they were shipped standard or courier as you've had problems with deliveries due to your apartment address. Don't stress they will turn up, I'll look into it.

I use Standard International shipping which is free worldwide, it's not the quickest around 6-10 days. I have been looking at alternatives, Express Courier is really steep, 1-3 days but at approx $55US, it's really quite expensive. NZ Post is good, out of the hundreds of packages over the years they have only lost one in France.

THANKS ande you are the MAN!

there's an interview with ande whall on denimology, i thought it was a good read, there's a bunch of stuff on his inspiration which i thought was great.

if any body is feeling generous ...

"9) What have been your favourite pair of jeans that you have produced and why?

I have a soft spot for a small collection from a couple years ago. They were all single needle sewn with no overlocking at all, hand felled inseams and the really old copper rivets that nearly break your hands when you apply them. I don't own a pair, which is a bummer."

how does the denim feel like? not soft washed like lvc/nudies?

I've only ever tried Nudies in the shops but as brand new jeans go.. the 14oz black denim is as stiff as cardboard but they get softer after a few days of wear. Of course this is my opinion after a weeks wear so they will definitely get softer. They are definitely thicker than any of the Nudies that I tried on.

Those super elite ones he mentioned in the interview... My cougar 001s!!! Bar none the best constructed garment I have ever touched, and I've handled stupid expensive Rick/Ann/hype stuff, nothing comes close to the cougars.

I wish I had a better camera, just washed for the first time, of the year maybe 5/6 mos continual wear

Guest SCSteve

5/6 mos is about right. i never felt like i deserved to wear those jeans - always thought the subtleties of construction/materials/everything eluded me.

also they look better on you then they ever did me so get those pics up asap

I've been going back and forth on choosing the right size Raker but want to make sure I get it right before I place an order.

If I wear a size 30 in Nudie Thinn Finns would a size 31 Raker be the equivalent for me?

just to give u a reference, i wear 29 in thin finns, and 30 in grifters... and it's so tight already (my grifters are skinnier than my thin finns)..... i would recomment u getting 32 in Rakers (assuming 31 is your true waist size, bcos nudies are vanity sized)

My Black Grifters arrived today!!! hurray! i examined the construction and fabric carefully. For those of you that's into the details, the black denim is a sulphur coat.. love the smell!! (for those of u living in NZ, it smells like Rotorua) the irregular threads run in both horizontal and vertical directions... from personal experience, u want to bring out fades going in both directions, use as little soap as u cant during the wash.

the black denim is a sulphur coat.. love the smell!! (for those of u living in NZ, it smells like Rotorua) the irregular threads run in both horizontal and vertical directions... from personal experience, u want to bring out fades going in both directions, use as little soap as u cant during the wash.

cool description, I'm looking forward to getting a pair of these.

for us non-NZers, what does sulfur coat denim smell like?