my skulls from 7-10-10 worn till mid 20011 losangeles2012052700111.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-27 losangeles2012052700112.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-27

• 5 weeks later...

worthy of a xpost:

Bobbejaan[/b];331159]

DSC00429.jpgDSC00444.jpg

photo3.jpg

After 1771 days from new, im almost about to retire these. They are in the washing machine right now. Its been my all time favorite pair of jeans. Some updates on the wear and repairs. Just got my mom to fix the holes in the front pockets so my coins dont go anywhere. The labels has been off for ages, i found it recently in one of my jackets. And im ripping trough the knees.. Thats a first in my denim book. From dry to holes in the knees.

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

i don't think i'm in any position to get into any kind of denim contest for at least a couple more years :D

my rotation is 5-pair deep right now:

KAPITAL Cisco

MOMOTARO 702

SAMUARAI 001jp

SDA 105

SUGARCANE SExSC02

.. the Yamatos & SC should be done by fall, so i'm planning on putting my Blue Shadow 710 back on rotation

plus, the Sam 0110xj & IH 634s-b o/d ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

they are cotton from arizona and yes take5 is the sole agent for skull jeans which they distribute to BIG

Ok. Why, then, is Take 5 charging $100 more than BIG for the same product?

Edit: unless of course they've sent me the wrong information and priced them in RMB rather than HKD.

Edited by sybaritical

The difference between Take5 HK and Take5 SH is probably down to taxes and VAT - if you order internationally you should go through HK in any case.

The difference between Take5 HK and BiG is probably a bit more complicated:

- Gordon has to consider the set the selling price at a point he considers acceptable for his customers and might operate with a different mark-up

- Beny is using his own/internal exchange rate when he converts the prices to HK. I guess this rate considers transport and profit - it might also reflect that Take5 sell at discount to VIP customers

Nothing unusal from a pricing point of view - buy from where it is cheapest (but consider transport cost and potential taxes/VAT) or support your local dealer!

Edited by Foxy2

Nice email from ShanghaI has soothed my furrowed brow.

Hi Syb.

I feel quite sorry for the price which is higher than US. The main reason is the high tariff and VAT in China. However, the government will not refund these taxes even we sell our garments to foreign countries. We have tried our best to control the price, so our member(who purchase 3000 in 3 months) could have 20% off. This is the way we compensate our customers.

One better approach to get the jeans is, also I recommend it, you may buy the jeans from our Hong Kong store so that you could avoid the taxes of China and get a lower price. You can feel free to write to our Hong Kong store: [email protected].

The shipping cost might be around RMB 200, whether from Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Thank you and hope these informations could help you.

Next question is, of course, who has take 5 membership and would be kind enough to proxy a pair to me?

• 3 weeks later...

just received a pair of 5010xx 6x6 from T5 HK. great fit, solid quality and fast and reliable service from t5.

tag says "produced by fab four", does that mean it´s a pair of the old lot or do the new ones have the same tag?

just found out on my own-that´s the tag i was talking about on one of benny´s pics:

20120713_6149.jpg

so i guess it´s one of the new ones.

Edited by Atzec