Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Yes the Skull 5010 is offered in no-wash and in one-wash. But that has nothing to do if the fabric is sanforized or not. The sanforization is done at the mill directely with denim to eliminate/minimize shrinkage (different steps, you can google that if you want). The washing process is done with the final jeans by Skull jeans, simply washing the finished jeans in industrial washing machines to eliminate all the possible shrinkage that is left in the fabric. Usually, sanforized jeans don’t get a wash-treatment as it is normally not necessary as the shrinkage should be minimal (on this fabric you see, it is obviously not).

So this is you first pair of “high-end†Japanese jeans ;) Enjoy them! :)

edit: yeah, I bought my pair from them too

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Yes and not the last one i think;)

if you are curious and can, go to a g-star shop to see the 2 raw japanese denim they propose.

À very pleasant color With Green reflect, a very good construction and good cut. To see for denim lover

Edited by zippopotamme

b_F I'm talking to Yuichi about some 5000xx, but he can't offer advice on sizing. Can you tell me how you sized the 5010 vs your Samurai 5000vx? I take a sz34 in this model, so I'm thinking the same in the Skulls?

Mild 7,

I wear a 32 in SD 101 and Flat Head F350 (and just about everything else). I bought the 5000XX in a 32 and though still raw, I think they'll be perfect, probably similar to my SD101s. The waist is about 33.5-34 raw and I expect that to shrink to tagged size.

EDIT: mine are the 15th anniversary model but I think the denim and cut remains unchanged.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Thanks both MF and b_F, will size same as everything else.

Maynard, where did you buy your 5000xx's? Any comment on quality? (I'm assuming you have the new version). Idiot, learn to read! Never mind ;)

Edited by Mild7

Bought from Self Edge a couple of years ago. The denim is dark, smooth and fairly luxurious in its raw state - I think it's pima cotton. Also feels pretty substantial for a 14.5 ozer.

Overall, quality (overall quality!) is good, however there's a fault on one of the chainstitched hems. I'm not overly concerned as they're about a 38" inseam so I'll have them hemmed anyway.