Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I hear the washing process they put the jeans through in the factory weakens the fabric. I'm sure its not too bad though and if you're scared of shrinkage it could be an easier choice. For reference here's some pics I just snapped of my 5010xx raw sz30. My true waist is pretty close to 30 and these fit great (not too skinny)

8483962581_8edc4b73e5_c.jpg

8483961213_b3e26c2ca5_c.jpg

Cool Thanks. They look really good. That's what I am looking for too. Need Something a little more all occasion. Compared to most of my slimmer jeans... If you get a chance is their any way you could give me an exact waist measurement ? That's actually the size I am looking at.

Cool Thanks. They look really good. That's what I am looking for too. Need Something a little more all occasion. Compared to most of my slimmer jeans... If you get a chance is their any way you could give me an exact waist measurement ? That's actually the size I am looking at.

Waist: 32 (fit loose now)

Rise: 12.5

Thigh: 11

Hem:7.25

Inseam: 32

I also wear 30 in se05bsp and 29 in s710

Edited by intro

Wash is done and the denim has transformed, really soft even when wet.

Pre wash measurements BiG style:

Tagged 34.

Waist: 35.5"

Front Rise: 12"

Upper Thigh: 13.25"

Knee: 10.75"

Opening: 9.5"

More info to come once dry, but I managed to button them up all they way in under a minute once out of the wash. Really, really stretchy. Nothing like FH3xxx or SD10x.

Okay, forgot about this..

Worn for around 3 or 4 full days after initial 60 deg wash and drip dry:

Waist: 35"

Front Rise: 11.5"

Upper Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 10"

Opening: 9.25"

Inseam: 35.5"

Turning out a bit baggy for me in the top block and thigh. Might have to flip :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, thinking of getting the 5010s. Wore APCs for almost 2 years and wanna move onto better stuff.

My PS is tagged 28 and measures 33 with a front rise of 9. The 5010s of size 29 and 30 have a higher rise of 9.5 according to the one wash chart of BiG so I assume the waist can be smaller than 33 as my PS buttons at the hipbones instead of on the hipbones.

The raw size 30 seems to be a good fit around the waist, with 32.5 raw, taking into account 3.5% shrinkage = 31.4 but then the measurements of the leg is a bit too big for me. The legs of the size 29s are great but will the waist be too small for me? The waist of size 29s are raw 32 with shrinkage = 30.9. I read somewhere raw denim will usually stretch back to the original unwashed size. Is this true of skull denim as well? If so, will the waist stretch past the unwashed size? Basically TLDR: do skulls stretch alot?

Moreover, I'm trying to decide between skulls 5010 and somet 008. Does anyone have experience with both brands? Skull denim seems to fade better from pics, but the fit of somets seem better...

From experience the Skulls stretch a lot, to original unwashed size and beyond. My experience with 5010xx are: if they are hard to button when new they will be fine in the long run, if they fit comfortably when new they will end up too big and only fit directly after washing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I just recently picked up a pre-owned s5010xx from market place, but it doesnt have the cross embo of the red tab, is that normal? I asked the guy and he said "cause they're from BIG, but earlier. When they had only removed the red tab instead crossing it with the embroidery". to be honest, the cross embo and/or the red tab is my favorite details. (sorry for the silly questions tho)

cheers 

Edited by reistlust

486653_386100554839644_363727580_n.jpg

my 3 years old Linda

Nice, my wife washes hers too much.  They have some nice qualities coming through though.  Thank goodness for rope dyed goods.  She took a lesson from it and is pushing her pbjs a little harder.

Great page...just want to add that all sanforized will shrink.  It's just some dumb antiquated process from when people wore hats and smoked briar pipes and all you had to do was go to college for four years and then have an awesome life.  It's really that old.  You can shrinkage so shrink them before you invest time.

Nice, my wife washes hers too much.  They have some nice qualities coming through though.  Thank goodness for rope dyed goods.  She took a lesson from it and is pushing her pbjs a little harder.

Great page...just want to add that all sanforized will shrink.  It's just some dumb antiquated process from when people wore hats and smoked briar pipes and all you had to do was go to college for four years and then have an awesome life.  It's really that old.  You can expect shrinkage so shrink them before you invest time.

Edited by jyoni