Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

what? it sounds reasonable to me. The 5010 is quite a bit slimmer than the slim jim, even from the measurements the 5010 measures like 18-19cm and a jim is like 20cm or more.

still, shouldn't the 5507 fit a bit looser all around than the 5010 though?

Hey, quick question for those of you that have purchased skulls recently. I ordered a pair of 5507xx's about a year ago and they are great (thanks Shinichi) and I'm ready to buy a pair of 5507xx 6x6 now; I've emailed Shinichi and he mentioned that parcels can't be undervalued anymore... has anyone had any trouble with that? I'm curious if any of you have been getting dinged heavilly for it as they come into your country. I live in Canada.

I got a pair of jeans and some other bits from Shinichi about a month ago and got hit badly at customs (35% of the value of the package) Having said that I've also purchased some T-shirts recently from Japan and only paid 8% tax, no idea why there's such a massive discrepancy...

I'm based in London, hopefully Canadian customs aren't quite so overzealous

still, shouldn't the 5507 fit a bit looser all around than the 5010 though?

Yes, the 5507 is quite a bit roomier in all aspects compared to the 5010..

compare the two measurements on our site if you want and see how the 5507 is more a straight cut and the 5010 is more relaxed:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70&zenid=ca23cf0a0cbe7ae63cae00140c8fb91e

Dex I can only hope mine look like yours after 5 months. Were yours raw or o/w? Did you do your first soak before you started to wear them?

jkhan I just received my 5010 6x6 raw over the weekend. I ordered them in my true size (32) based on Shinichi-san's suggestion. I already have a pair of the 5010 7x6 black, and made my decision based on: (1) the fit of the 7x6 (which is quite fitted) and (2) the fact that I plan on soaking the raws at some point. With that said, I found the fit of the 6x6 to be much looser than the 7x6.

I feel like I definately could have sized down to a 31, because they have already stretched a bit after 3 wears. But I still like the fit of the 32s. I'd say if you're gonna go with the raw, size down 1, regardless of whether or not you soak.

These jeans stack so beautifully...I'm very pleased either way.

Dex I can only hope mine look like yours after 5 months. Were yours raw or o/w? Did you do your first soak before you started to wear them?

thanks

mine are o/w

and yea i did one additional soak before i wore but that was only because they were extremely too small and i needed to stretch out the waist

jkhan i just got my 6x6 one wash, i usually wear like 29 and i got this in 30 ... i can do all the buttons but fit a bit tight but it will stretch. shinichi san suggested me to go true size (29) but if i want to wear it a bit lower then its 30 which is what i ordered

Just got mine. My first Selvage Denim. 5010xx no wash. These are hella stiff. Feels like they got coated with cement before they were shipped. I am not a demin head and have no idea what to do to these. Should I give them a warm soak? Will they stretch out after? The waist is fine but its so hard to button up.

i hate to bump this thread.. but

x-post... more pics some day

skull 5010xx 6x6 ~5 months 2 washes

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

damn, thats some awesome wear. I've been wearing mine for like 3 months now, and ive got absolutely no wear at all ( equatorial climate, 98% humidity ). they've been bleeding alot, but no wear. sigh.

...Just received my 5010' 6x6 raw today, hit with 45 euro customs charge, don't those guys appreciate fine denim, 32" waist, damn if that 36' ain't long but I'm thinking of leaving unhemmed and just pin-rolling, gonna leave unwashed for 6 months or so as well so I'll do update pics...also got the skull pub jacket, its sick looking...I'll post pics when I figure out why sufu won't let me upload...Thanks again to shinichi-san for all your help...

Guest El Salvador

looking good braidkid!

Damn mine came in the mail today but there was nobody at home so I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can wear them :(

...Just received my 5010' 6x6 raw today, hit with 45 euro customs charge, don't those guys appreciate fine denim, 32" waist, damn if that 36' ain't long but I'm thinking of leaving unhemmed and just pin-rolling, gonna leave unwashed for 6 months or so as well so I'll do update pics...also got the skull pub jacket, its sick looking...I'll post pics when I figure out why sufu won't let me upload...Thanks again to shinichi-san for all your help...

you don't live in holland do you ?

It's really really bad for the European customers that Fab Four cannot undervalue the parcels anymore. Fearing my package getting caught by customs I decided to order my pair of 5507 6x6's from own-magazine. Just got message that they are arrived and no customs nor additional taxes have to paid. They cost about 20e more, but taxes and customs could have raised price for 40-50e so I think it was a cheap "insurance" comparing to taxes.

Too bad I'm doing my summer training in other town and can't get them before next weeks friday. I'll post some thoughts how they fit next week.

Guest El Salvador

I'm not sure but I don't think so since Shinichi-san said to me that I was the first person in Holland who got the Skulls. Not that it really matters to me but it is still nice to know :)

Oh I didn't get hit by the customs :)

Are you going to buy a pair as well?

...No, Ireland, first customer fab four has ever had there, probably first pair of skulls ever here! Just finished wearing them for the day, waist has settled nicely as has the stacking, long inseam but I don't think there's any need for hemming(6 ft by the way, 32' waist if anybodies looking at similar fit), I'll post pics as soon as, just can't upload at moment, maybe its a mac thing!