Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

They're definitely sanforized. I did a hot soak for around an hour and got minimal shrinkage I'd say. Maybe an inch at the waist, but i put them on when there were still wet to strech out the waist to a comfortable size.

...How much did they shrink in the hem? Ordering a pair of raws at the moment and wondering whether to get shinichi to hem them...

I wish i could tell you, but I honostly have no idea. I didn't have him hem them for me, as I like the stacking effect. If i were to guess though I'd say around 2 inches - but thats basically a random guess. Just ask Shinichi, he should know all that information.

I wish i could tell you, but I honostly have no idea. I didn't have him hem them for me, as I like the stacking effect. If i were to guess though I'd say around 2 inches - but thats basically a random guess. Just ask Shinichi, he should know all that information.

...Shinichi always has the last word! 2 inches sounds good though...Thanks man...

shrink in the hem? or do you mean shrink in the inseam? i had raws that i hot soaked for a good 90 minutes and the inseam shrank about an inch.

...Meant hem and inseam...an inch - 2 inches seems to be the general concensous, was hoping for some shrinkage in hem as well, not much maybe half an inch...

if i wear 32 in apc, what size should i get for the 5010?

I'm a 33 in APC NS, got a 34 one wash in skull 5010, thet are really tight, so if you want them tight get a 33, if you want loosish get a 34, if you plan on buying raw, I guess get a 32 or 33 then?

well as far as i know wasnt the main point of mercerization to increase cotton luster? But youre probably right, most likely a combination of both.

yeah it is, but I don't think it will achieve a surface as flat and as shiny as denim that is also sanforized, as I think the cotton is mercerized before it's woven into denim, but perhaps there are more ways to do it.

if i fit a 27 waist in slim jim dry blacks, then what size should i get the skulls 5010xx 6x6 raws? i've been researching it but i can't exactly figure out what size i should get based on the different information i'm seeing.

I think you should keep the same size as you wear in slim jim if you want a fit slimmer than that of the jim. You could also size up 1 for a more relaxed 5010 yet still being slimmer than your current jim.

Hey, quick question for those of you that have purchased skulls recently. I ordered a pair of 5507xx's about a year ago and they are great (thanks Shinichi) and I'm ready to buy a pair of 5507xx 6x6 now; I've emailed Shinichi and he mentioned that parcels can't be undervalued anymore... has anyone had any trouble with that? I'm curious if any of you have been getting dinged heavilly for it as they come into your country. I live in Canada.

Well.. not that it's any fault of Skulls, but my parcel was stopped last week - the release fee was £40 (1 pair of jeans). First time I've ever been charged by customs though, so I guess I've gotten away fairly lightly so far..

Hey, quick question for those of you that have purchased skulls recently. I ordered a pair of 5507xx's about a year ago and they are great (thanks Shinichi) and I'm ready to buy a pair of 5507xx 6x6 now; I've emailed Shinichi and he mentioned that parcels can't be undervalued anymore... has anyone had any trouble with that? I'm curious if any of you have been getting dinged heavilly for it as they come into your country. I live in Canada.

xPost from WAYWT...

Shinichi! so nice to finally meet you... i had no idea you were Hiro's musical sidekick...

just got my skull 5010 6x6 one wash from shinichi, great service and fast shipping to US altho took a lil longer in the custom but i didnt pay any extra

nice jeans

Got my 5507 6x6 one wash in 30w in today...should of followed shinichi's advice and sized up one. Couldnt get more then 2 buttons done.

And to answer all of the nudie questions. i wear a 30w in Slim Jims, and these fit like a 29 in slim jims pre-stretch...So if youre thinking about buying a pair of the 5507s...try on a pair of slim jims one size lower, and that should be the fit you'll get if you bought your normal size..

Keep an eye out in the supermarket if youre looking for a pair of 5507xx 6X6 30w, or shoot me a PM.

Are you mistaking the 5507 for the 5010? I thought the 5010xx was slimmer than slim jims but not by much, and now your saying that the 5507 is still slimmer than the jims? wut the hell...

You screwed up on sizing pretty bad , so your statement doesnt make any sense and is terribly inaccurate.