Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

pictures of 5010xx 6x6

great fit! what size did you buy? i ask because we appear to have a similar build. i'm 6'2 155lbs. and was probably going to go with a 30.

unfortunatley the thread on the back pocket of my skulls came undone after only aroun 2-3 weeks, it is only a small area, but right wear the red tab was, and it fell out.

What's the best way to repair them, sewing machine straight ove the og stitching?

Repair them anyway you want, originality and individuality adds character to your jeans.

And on the whole toipic of skull jeans breaking/ wearing out too fast due to using cotton stitching......

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Using the "original"/ older-style technology of cotton threads and stitching (like on older style and repro jeans) combined with modern cuts (like the slim fitting 5010xx) is what SKULL JEANS is all about. Live with it/ roll with it/ and if you don't like it.....

Don't buy skulls.

Repair them anyway you want, originality and individuality adds character to your jeans.

Thanks for your worthless opinion, I was actually looking for some technical advice on repairing them, such as what stiching, would be best, is it a machine job or can it be done by hand? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for your worthless opinion, I was actually looking for some technical advice on repairing them, such as what stiching, would be best, is it a machine job or can it be done by hand? Has anyone else done this?

he was completely right in his reply, you can repair this anyway you want, and can be done by hand, even if you don't know how to sew. pick a thread color of your choice and go for it.

tyro i would recommend machine stitching it. just my two cents, i had one of the pockets on my JR cali's come through and have the stitching come out around the bottom and had the stitching fixed and its holding up great and the look is unnoticeable. however the patching on the hole is in need of repair.

he was completely right in his reply, you can repair this anyway you want, and can be done by hand, even if you don't know how to sew. pick a thread color of your choice and go for it.
Nice worthless response. Machine or hand stitch, there is no "better" way to do it. whatever fixes your fucking problem.

my point is, of course I realise I can do it anyway I want, i was asking for help, if you have no experience of doing this, or nothing to add, dont bother posting.

tyro i would recommend machine stitching it. just my two cents, i had one of the pockets on my JR cali's come through and have the stitching come out around the bottom and had the stitching fixed and its holding up great and the look is unnoticeable. however the patching on the hole is in need of repair.

Thanks, I think that's what I will do.

Our tailor repairs all of our jeans with a machine, not by hand.

Not sure where you bought them from, but all jeans bought from Self Edge come with our 1 year warranty. We'll fix anything on your jeans for one year for free, if you bought them from us PM me and i'll sort you out.

Our tailor repairs all of our jeans with a machine, not by hand.

Not sure where you bought them from, but all jeans bought from Self Edge come with our 1 year warranty. We'll fix anything on your jeans for one year for free, if you bought them from us PM me and i'll sort you out.

Thanks for that kiya, but I got them straight from shinichi.

It's not really a big problem, as I knew all about the thread before I got them, I was just wondering if their was any tricks to re-sewing pocket stitching. I reckon i'll use a machine and go over the natural thread with synthetic thread in either a matching colour or blue to blend in.

I might even reverse the red tag to have the skulls on the inside and the word skulls on the outside just to be different.

my point is, of course I realise I can do it anyway I want, i was asking for help, if you have no experience of doing this, or nothing to add, dont bother posting.

i think the both of us were just trying to say the same thing -- back pocket stitching is a very simple touch-up job; about as easy as it gets when it comes to pant repair. i have no idea why you are being so brash. regardless of whether or not you use a machine, rest assured that it is an easy process.

Sounds like a good plan tyro1,

I haven't had the back pocket come apart on any of my jeans yet, but I did have a small hole on the knees of my sugarcanes. I don't own a sewing machine, so I just took a piece of lvc 501 xx denim onto the inside of the hole and hand-stitched around it. Its holding up pretty good so far...

Good luck with your repair job.

Guest El Salvador
great fit! what size did you buy? i ask because we appear to have a similar build. i'm 6'2 155lbs. and was probably going to go with a 30.

Thanks! I bought them in size 31. I'm about 1.79 m and 67 kg. This is the one wash version and they are pretty tight in the waist right now. I'm sure it'll be ok since they are not uncomfortably tight

Just gave my Skulls a first wash after a good 7-8 months of moderate wear (3-4 times a week). These jeans are TOUGH to fade, and the denim is pretty fantastic. Not much in the way of high contrast fades, although the jeans got overall a lot lighter which I liked.

Nice one nemoulette. Those are the 'customized' 5507?

hope this doesnt sound too stupid but can i still get great combs, fade etc with the one-wash 5010xx 6x6 or do i need to get me the raw ones for that?

Thanks! I bought them in size 31. I'm about 1.79 m and 67 kg. This is the one wash version and they are pretty tight in the waist right now. I'm sure it'll be ok since they are not uncomfortably tight

excellent, thank you. after just a bit of guesswork, that answers all of my questions about how the fit will work for me.

Guest El Salvador
excellent, thank you. after just a bit of guesswork, that answers all of my questions about how the fit will work for me.

Good to hear. Hope the size will turn out nice in the end. Let us know when you've got them ;)

Just one more question if you don't mind. You have the same jeans as I'm getting, not to mention the fact that yours are the exact same size as well :P. Your jeans looking fucking great as well.

Were yours originally raw, and did you soak them first or did you just wear them? I'm a 31/32 waist and I'm thinking mine need to be soaked since they're the raw version.

So wait, Skulls are sanforized, but offered in raw or one-wash? What would be the point of one-wash here?

The still shrink a little, and I guess a lot of people would prefer to wear one wash as it starts softer...

nemoulette nice skulls, look really good

Good to hear. Hope the size will turn out nice in the end. Let us know when you've got them ;)

it's going to be a while unfortunately! :( i'm buying a pair for the 5010xx 6x6 contest over at mynudies.com, doesn't start until september. however with the nature of the contest expect LOTS of wear pictures coming from all directions around that time :)

So wait, Skulls are sanforized, but offered in raw or one-wash? What would be the point of one-wash here?

the one wash start out a bit smaller (more true to size) and are a more vibrant blue out of the box. a great comparison shot:

bb04503pk9.jpg

for example the 5010xx 6x6 measure as follows: one wash 30 is approx. 30.5", whereas the raw 30 is approx. 31.75"

well in the end I just hand sewed the pocket up, tried to make it look neat, but a machine would do a much better job, I tried to match the colour with synthetic cotton, but I doubt it will fade the same, not really that worried about it, I like the home repaired look. Reversed the skull tag, so that it now reads skull on the the outside, and is right way up, instead of upside down.