Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

(I'm not sure of my true waist size, but my 29 nudies slim jim dry greycasts fit perfect (bit tight). I guess going for a 30 in skulls is good enough? Considering they also stretch a little bit...)

Anyone my real question. What's the best (cheapest) webshop to get my skulls?

I don't know about Slim Jims sizing. But I just got my true waist size (32), gave them a soak, and they were fine. My 5507XXs are a pretty straight/slim fit, while I'm sure the 5010XXs would be much much slimmer on me. I'd guess if I sized down the jeans would be pretty uncomfortably tight.

Then again, most SuFuers wear some pretty tight jeans. I like mine just straight/slim and I refuse to buy tapered jeans.

I don't know about Slim Jims sizing. But I just got my true waist size (32), gave them a soak, and they were fine. My 5507XXs are a pretty straight/slim fit, while I'm sure the 5010XXs would be much much slimmer on me. I'd guess if I sized down the jeans would be pretty uncomfortably tight.

Then again, most SuFuers wear some pretty tight jeans. I like mine just straight/slim and I refuse to buy tapered jeans.

Cheers.How do you know what your true waist is? And where did you buy em?

What's the exact difference between the 5010xx 6x6 raw and one wash?

Wil the one wash fade just as nicely?

Dude.... The first one is raw (unwashed) and the second is... washed once. They will fade the same, its up to you

Cheers,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both types?

i suppose this question will be asked until the end of time but here goes...

all jeans SHOULD start as one-wash.....when i get my raw jeans, i soak them several times to eliminate shrinkage. this way, when i wash them months down the road, the fading stays in the same spot. hence, my raw jeans are in essence one-wash before i start wearing them.

to answer your question, the advantage of raw is that you can control the shrinkage (to a degree) by wearing them while drying.

again, most everyone starts with one-wash either way due to initial soaking of raw denim before wear.

make sense?

if those are raw, even after stretching, your first soak will make those pretttttty tight I think.

Kiya said the perfect fit is when its not skin pinching tight, but not lose, and you can get either all the buttons up or the zipper all the way up.

Who knows though, they might work fine. Are they 5010s or 5507s?

i suppose this question will be asked until the end of time but here goes...

all jeans SHOULD start as one-wash.....when i get my raw jeans, i soak them several times to eliminate shrinkage. this way, when i wash them months down the road, the fading stays in the same spot. hence, my raw jeans are in essence one-wash before i start wearing them.

to answer your question, the advantage of raw is that you can control the shrinkage (to a degree) by wearing them while drying.

again, most everyone starts with one-wash either way due to initial soaking of raw denim before wear.

make sense?

I get it :). Thanks!

I know this might be unorthodox, but im wearing my 5507s completely raw. No prewash or anything. I like how it feels before a soak/wash, and I like how it slowly changes over the months too.

I know people bring up the whole thing about wear/crease marks might shift, but its not really that big of a problem, tried it before, and as long as u just slip em on before they are done drying, you're fine.

In another month or two I'll show you how my skulls turn out.

I know this might be unorthodox, but im wearing my 5507s completely raw. No prewash or anything. I like how it feels before a soak/wash, and I like how it slowly changes over the months too.

I know people bring up the whole thing about wear/crease marks might shift, but its not really that big of a problem, tried it before, and as long as u just slip em on before they are done drying, you're fine.

In another month or two I'll show you how my skulls turn out.

that's fine. they're sanforized, and they won't shrink much. that's what i did, anyway

it doesn't ruin it at all, but you might find that if you gain some weight, the jeans might eh, not fit as comfy anymore.

Funny thought --- I believe that most SuFu people loose weight...

On the original post - I've worn my first pair of Samurais without soaking them - I did'nt know better at that time...

It did'nt ruin them , but they def. fit better after the soak...

How can one justify wether the 5010XX is 6x6 or 7x6 by looking at them. Is it marked on the tag? inside? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that the 6x6's have a black leather patch not a tan one...

looks good kix. i've noticed that the 5010xx denim fades faster than the 6x6.

very true. i didn't like the tan patch, preferred the black but these definitely do not fade that fast.