Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I bought my slim jim's dry greycast one year ago, wore them 6 months and machine washed them. After that wash, they shrunk too an uncomfortable size.

I measured the waist on the method showed on the mynudies website.

(http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1089/untitledzu2.jpg)

Which was 79/80cm. Most of my other jeans, although they are 29, measure more than 80cm in their waist. Conforming the Mynudies size chart (which should be quite precise) the waist of the RAW version is 77cm in 29. After soak it maybe would have been 76 or even 75 cm. I coulden't even fit in them. therefore i picked the 30, which has 81cm in waist hoping for a slim look instead of a skin tight look

I doubt the 29 would have stretched to a nice fit?

Compared to Nudie Slim Jims, I would say:

- One wash: size one up

- Raw: same size

i'd have to agree. i have the 5010xx in the one wash....my usual 30 is perfect. i tried a 29 (way too small) and 31 (way too big) before finally getting the 30.

i have a 30 in dry black slim jims....they have stretched a ton, way more than the skulls have so far. i'd say definitely go true to size with the one wash 5010xx...and if i were to buy slim jims again i'd size down one.

do not size up or down on the one wash 5010xx - get true to size....seriously. you'll only be disappointed otherwise.

Guest El Salvador
i'd have to disagree. i have the 5010xx in the one wash....my usual 30 is perfect. i tried a 29 (way too small) and 31 (way too big) before finally getting the 30.

i have a 30 in dry black slim jims....they have stretched a ton, way more than the skulls have so far. i'd say definitely go true to size with the one wash 5010xx...and if i were to buy slim jims again i'd size down one.

do not size up on the one wash 5010xx....seriously...you'll only be disappointed.

Basically you're doing the same as I did, right? You would buy a 29 in Slim Jims and a 30 in 5010xx one wash. Also, I forgot to mention my 5010xx's are the 6x6 and from what I've read the 6x6x is sized different (smaller) compared to the normal 5010xx.

Basically you're doing the same as I did, right? You would buy a 29 in Slim Jims and a 30 in 5010xx one wash. Also, I forgot to mention my 5010xx's are the 6x6 and from what I've read the 6x6x is sized different (smaller) compared to the normal 5010xx.

my mistake dude, sorry. very very tired at the moment! edited the original post.

Hrmm..I'm worried that my skulls will not be worth the money. I have been seeing ones after one month that look like 1 year jeans. I am scared that mine will be done within a year, maybe even earlier. Faster fading means shorter life of the denim? If anyone can help me out on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

i'm going to order some Skull S5010XX's 6x6 One-Wash off of blue in green soho. I'm 5"7. Should I get them hemmed with BiG's chainstitch service before they ship them out to me? What length should I get them hemmed to if i want them to stack and get the right amount of stacking?

there is no 'should' or 'supposed'....they will fit different people differently, and no doubt different people will be hoping for and expecting different things of them.

read the thread to get an overview of how they have worked out for different people, it's not a question one can give a definitive answer to.

i'm about to order a pair of 5010xx 6x6 raw... how should i be sizing these damn things? reading through the thread just gives me a headache. unfortunately i have to get this right in one go... no returns!

to make a long story short, the raw 30 would fit great out of the box, yet an inch too small in the waist after a soak. the raw 31 would be too big out of the box, yet fit great after a soak. which one should i go for here? do the 6x6 even stretch much at all?

i'm going to order some Skull S5010XX's 6x6 One-Wash off of blue in green soho. I'm 5"7. Should I get them hemmed with BiG's chainstitch service before they ship them out to me? What length should I get them hemmed to if i want them to stack and get the right amount of stacking?

i have the same pair and i'm 5' 7" also. they came as a 34 length which works well for me. i cuff about an inch and a half. still leaves plenty of stacking.

How much will a pair of skull 5010s stretch in the waist?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=29789

Interested in this pair, hoping they'll stretch out by at least an inch?

i imagine they would stretch an inch if they need to; you shouldn't have a problem especially considering the jeans for sale in that thread are not the tougher/heavier 6x6 version. do take into account your other measurements though. the leg and thigh on a 27 is bound to be very slim! check through the first dozen-or-so pages of this thread for a couple sizing diagrams from shinichi.

i e-mailed shinichi about this because i just ordered a pair of 5010xx 6x6. My "skull waist" (i.e. 5-7cm below true waist) is 81cm, or ~32". as a note, the raw 5010xx 6x6 measure exactly 81cm in the waist pre-soak and pre-stretch.

Dear xxxx-san,

Thank you for the inquiry.

is this meaning the size of 5010XX position? (the position is 5-7cm

under from traditional waist)

if that is right, I think tag size 30 is better.

before shrink : fit or comfortable fit.

after shrink : tight.

after stretch : fit!

BUT, if the 81cm is not the size of 5010XX position, I can't recommend.

how do you think of my opinions?

If you would like to know anything more, then please contact us anytime.

best regards,

by shinichi dozono