Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Shinichi...

What can I say man....those brown jeans look incredible. I have an old pair of ferre's (italian designer) with leather pockets that I love, but the inseam is 32" (too short). Are these a straight cut?, or slightly flared?, I cant tell...The detailing is gorgeous, and the combined effect of the denim and leather aging is a beautiful thing.

I will be going to BIG today to try on some of the new lot they have in and see what I think...I will let you know.

Thanks for all your effort and support on the board...

Easy,

Wolves

I'm more comfortable with a more straight leg rather than tapered (I think the 5010XX are something like 13"). So what I'm thinking is getting the 5508XX (bootcut 21.5 cm or 16" leg opening) and having my tailor bring the leg in to like a 14.5" or something around there.

Is this retarded or should I just try to stretch the 5010XX if it's too small? Does altering jeans like this kind of defeat the point of selvedge denim?

I think you've missed out the 5507, which should be perfect for you.. slim straightleg, as opposed to the 5010 which is a super slim taper. It runs somewhat like a modern 501, but with slimmer thighs looking at the measurements.

As to sizing, it's sanforized, 100% cotton so it won't shrink and will probably stretch an inch, so downsize 1 from the point at which the rise of the jeans sits on your body... get that tape measure out.

anyone own the 5508 (hips hang bootcut)??

Im thinking about getting a pair because I do like the looks of a subtle bootcut and i'm looking for something to take the place of my Nudie Ola's in my collection. I think ola is the perfect bootcut fit for me, but the denim isnt the best (too lightweight, doesnt fade all the nicely). The 5508 seems to be the closest fit i can find in something with really nice japanese denim.

Hey ya'll,

I've been struggling with trying to find which size in 5010XX (indigo, coloured, black & johnny) would match my perfect fit in the 5010XX 6x6. It's been frustrating since it doesn't seem very uniform, so I've ended up making this...

The colours show which measurement measures the original size in the 5010XX 6x6 (and, for the most part, the 5010XX Indigo).

As you can see, just sizing up one to move from 5010XX Indigo / 6x6 to go to the black, coloured or Johnny will not give you the exact same fit.

(I just sized up 1 when I got my Johnnys and they were much too small... I wish I had looked at the charts!)

Anyways, I thought some of you might find it useful.

Sorry it's so big.

charts01cpo1.gif

Definitely considering these for my first pair of Japanese jeans..definitely not the super slim model tho..

Knucks...

Picked up the 5507XX one wash in a size 32 waist and it fits perfect. I got some dior19's, some samurai s5000VX, APC Rescues, and now these guys. The fit and quality of these is basically a very sleek mix of all three styles. There is a "slight" taper at the bottom, the cut is generous enough in the thighs, and the rize is perfect. They do Have a zip fly, which seems to bother some people, but it is a beast of a zipper, Old hardwear (i believe) Made in kentucky. The inseam is a little under 36" in the one wash state, I anticipate another half inch to inch shrinkage which is perfect. I can barely button it now, but it shouls stretch lovely. The only concern is that the inseam may shrink more than I want (Im 6' 3"), but Gordon is gonna get in touch with someone over there today, and sort that out for me.

These sound like the move for you. If not, the subtle boot cut 5508's look real nice to. One of the guys in the store was wearing em and they looked amzing too...

Good luck man...

and thanks again Shinichi-San!

Note Next Time Dont Be Too Lazy To Read Threads... Shit!!! Thanks God Changed My Order To 6x6 Than The Normal 5010xx... Just Read The Thread By Shinchi San And Its A Weekend Hoep They Didnt Shipped It Out Yet. Daymm

^ Don't capitalize every word it makes it hard to read. Thanks for the fast shipping on the wallet Shinchi, it only took about 5 bus. days. Amazing product and customer service. I highly reccomend this stuff, my next jeans after the contests sammies will likely be a pair of these.

Keri(I'f your still reading this thread) I know you say you have a booty and that the Lindas fit you well, my only question is do you have a bit of a round ass or is it just hips. The reason I ask is because my gf has a bum but shes not a big girl and I wanted to get your opinion on the fit. The Japanese model in the pictures has typical pancake ass so its hard to tell.

I also wanted to chime in with kudos for Shinichi (and the group at Fabfour). My sister was in Tokyo around New Years and wanted to buy me a present, so I sent her to get me a pair of the 5010xx Long Inseam. Shinichi responded VERY quickly to all my emails, put aside the jeans for me, gave me elaborate directions to pass along to my sister, and then even ensured that he was at the shop to show her around.

I'd received the jeans a while ago, and am very taken aback by how extremely nice they are. I recommend Skull to anyone.

Keri(I'f your still reading this thread) I know you say you have a booty and that the Lindas fit you well, my only question is do you have a bit of a round ass or is it just hips. The reason I ask is because my gf has a bum but shes not a big girl and I wanted to get your opinion on the fit. The Japanese model in the pictures has typical pancake ass so its hard to tell.

haha nice question :P

I'm curious too, though. my gf has quite a booty but shes not big otherwise. yet when I compared measurements of her jeans to the Lindas they were too small, the rise was very low especially.

got my 5010xx6x6 long inseam today,man when raw the skulls are like cardboard real nice feel,they not as long as i had anticipated sio i think i will probably not soak these to keep all length for as long as possible.damn nice though.thanks sinichi and co once again great service

I'm curious too, though. my gf has quite a booty but shes not big otherwise. yet when I compared measurements of her jeans to the Lindas they were too small, the rise was very low especially.

Aw hell my gf has a HUGE ass (I love it), I don't even bother trying to buy her jeans.

Surely the trick is as ever just to get the tape measurement of her hips and find the appropriate hip measurement of the Lindas?

Just got my one wash 5010xx and I'm feeling pretty darn good about myself. Best fit I've been yet to find.

I've got a question, and I'm sure this has been asked and aswered many times over, just couldn't find it in this monster thread:

How much will the one wash shrink in length after a warm soak/wash? I know they are sandfordized and shit, but I wanna hear from someone who has washed theirs.