Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

thorns: yeah, i can go both ways in my opinion.. the skulls do feel a little roomier than i like up top though. I'd actually like them to have a little lower rise (i prefer about 8.5", these are 9.5"), but all in all i like the fit and think they look good.

i think slim straights are the best overall fit for me, such as the nudie slim jim and the slim kim.

but, i also do think that tapereds can look good on me as long as they are a little relaxed in the waist (basically sized up from what i wear in other cuts), such as my apc new cures and hoboken black bullets...

but, i know ive had other pairs that were too slim/small for me and didnt look so good, but i've got rid of those now...

the problem is that with really skinny tapered jeans theres a line between looking really bad and looking good, and sometimes its only the difference of a size or two.

Yeah I certainly don't think you look bad in SSKs and the jeans that you normally post. However, just due to your build and silhouette, I really feel like these jeans complement you more. When I look at the proportions from head and shoulders through your torso through your legs... I feel like this really works for you.

regarding the 5010xx 6x6 (one-wash), if owners could please help i'd appreciate it very much.

i've taken my waist measurement per their instruction and measured around 87 cm, which is exactly in between the measurement for size 33 and a size 34. I've heard these stretch about 1 inch (in this case a size 33 would turn out to be a good fit), but what about shrinkage after washing? i know they're sanforized one-wash so shrinkage is minimal, but I just wanted to confirm with 5010xx owners so i dont buy a size 33 and they end up being way too tight. or should I get a 34 to be safe? i'd like a slim fit, but not skinny.

for comparison, in APC NS a size 32 worked perfect for me, 31 would be pretty slim but still okay, but 30 would be way too small. how would that translate to what size i need in the 5010xx 6x6?

another option would to get the raw in size 33 and shrink to my fit. advice/comments?

thanks

i think both Mr C.O. and seenmy have mentioned that these shrink a little upon washing but soon stretch out...33 might be a good idea. :)

from what i've read through the 40+ pages of this thread, the 6x6 one-washes stretch slightly (~1in) and washing them will only shrink them back to the way they were when you first had them. and because the jeans are one-wash and sanforized(?), you should hem to appropriate length and not worry too much about length shrinkage.

so, people in between sizes should pick the smaller one for infrequent washing (4+ months) and should pick the bigger one for frequent (monthly?) washing.

right?

yeah hes right but the non wash nes will strech around 1 1/2 inches on the waist but when i sunbreeze my pair without washing of course ( mines non wash 6x6) i feel it shrinks back to its size when i first got em dunno why.. must be the heat from the sun..

Hey, Ive read this thread and measured myself, but I thought I ask anyway to see your opinions.

I'm a 34 in Nudies (perfect fit) 34 in Imperials (tight at first but pretty good) and 33 in APC NS (same as imperials) ...

Will a 34 one wash 5010xx 6x6 fit my waist? or will they be too tight?

get a 34 actual waist measurement of the 34 inch tag sized skulls is around 351/4 inches so up to you

edmond is talking about the raw non-wash 6x6, which measure 1" larger than the one-wash ones. the one-wash 6x6's measure more true to size.

im wearing mine for almost three weeks now but.. nothing seems to be happening the honeycombs are just starting whiskers barely there.. hmmm..

maybe they arent fitted enough on you so they dont crease when you move around in them. did you soak them before you started wearing them?

edmond is talking about the raw non-wash 6x6, which measure 1" larger than the one-wash ones. the one-wash 6x6's measure more true to size.

^^no. my one-wash 6x6 measure 32 tagged. actual measurement is 33.4. which is weird.

^they're sanforized. add that with the one-wash, and i think these jeans are pretty stable in terms of shrinkage.

also, these are made to sit lower on the waist, so i'm guessing they made a waist slightly bigger to sit lower.

okay, not sure what that has to do with what i said. all i was saying that the one-wash pair i have DOES NOT measure true to size. read.

that is right:)

by the way

This is my explanation for size recent.

Figure has been changed a little according to it.

----------------------------------------------------

About the size

Please confirm the size.

Because 5010 series is very skinny and small.

and Front rise of 5010 is 23-25 cm.

Therefore, waist part (belt line) for 5010 series is 5-7 cm under from traditional waist (narrower part of waist).

you should measure that part of your waist.

and please compare that part to the waist value on the size chart.

5010XX 6x6 Size Chart

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/pdf/HowToMeasure5010xx66L.pdf

5010XX Size Chart

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/pdf/HowToMeasure5010xx.pdf

If you decided the size, please refer About The Order below.

----------------------------------------------------

I am improving the how to explain for a better fitting:)

Most raw jeans are cut bigger to shrink to fit the tagged size. 6x6s are sanforized, meaning that maybe they don't shrink all the way to the tagged size they intended. or the larger-than-tag waist is due to the fact that the 5010xxs are made to sit lower than a 'traditional' waist. read.

measurements.jpg

the long inseam versions come about about 35.5 and the regular inseams are about 33.5

jb, i understand what you are saying and i've seen this chart like 30 times now. i own 6 pairs of raw denim. i'm aware of the increase in the waist size to allow for shrinkage. all i was saying was responding to what fallen angels said earlier:

"edmond is talking about the raw non-wash 6x6, which measure 1" larger than the one-wash ones. the one-wash 6x6's measure more true to size"

^^i do not agree with fallen angels statement. if you look at this statement above it does not make sense because my one-wash 6x6s measure 1.5 inches more than the tagged size. They ARE NOT true to size. that's all i was trying to say. if the raw skull jeans are made 2 inches bigger in the waist to allow for shrinkage, then WHY are the one-washes 1.5 inches bigger?????

here, let me make it real simple for you:

TAGGED: 32

ACTUAL RAW: 34

ONE WASH: 33.5