Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

^Kert, I agree that the measurement is actually an inch or so larger than what the tag size says. but that is because these jeans are meant to be worn lower on the hips where your body is wider (hence the low rise as well), as JB also tried explaining:

the larger-than-tag waist is due to the fact that the 5010xxs are made to sit lower than a 'traditional' waist."
so if your normal waist is 32", then your lower waist/hip area is probably and inch or so wider (33-34"), which is why size 32 Skull jeans measure 33"-34". all i meant to explain in my post was how the raw ones are a little larger than the one-wash ones. sorry for the confusion!

I like these, I just e-mailed them. I want the super slim 5010xx, not decided on indigo or black yet. My waist is like 29.5"-30", but I wear my jeans pretty low sometimes. I've not decided if I should get 30 or 31?

My LVC's are 30 and are a bit small because I wear them lower, but maybe I'd wear them higher if they weren't so short. At 32" they show some sock every once in awhile.

Damn, just measured my LVC's inseam and they've gotten shorter, the leg isnt straight so I didnt get the exact number, but the total length is about 102cm. so 110.5cm should be great.

^Kert, I agree that the measurement is actually an inch or so larger than what the tag size says. but that is because these jeans are meant to be worn lower on the hips where your body is wider (hence the low rise as well), as JB also tried explaining:

so if your normal waist is 32", then your lower waist/hip area is probably and inch or so wider (33-34"), which is why size 32 Skull jeans measure 33"-34". all i meant to explain in my post was how the raw ones are a little larger than the one-wash ones. sorry for the confusion!

hey, no problem dude. i'm just like everyone else here, trying to get edumacated:) on denim. i never disagreed with you in the first place. i just disagreed with what fallen angels was saying. it does make sense they are an inch bigger to allow for sag. i'll post some pics in a bit.

take a look at BIG's website on their new OXS (one wash service). it will explain everything you need to know about raw vs. one wash in terms of sizing. okay, i'm out on this. maybe...

Here's some specs and pics of the 5010xx 6x6 One Wash. Picked these up from another sufu peep. really like the denim, nice and soft. these came with a 34 inseam which is great for me.

http://hotimg4.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00326.jpg

http://hotimg4.fotki.com/a/68_34/126_106/DSC00335.jpg

http://hotimg5.fotki.com/b/68_34/126_106/DSC00343.jpg

Tagged Waist: 32

Tagged Length: N/A

Waist: 33.5

Inseam: 34

Hem: 7.5 (flat)

Front Rise: 11.50

Rear Rise: 13.25

Upper Thigh: 8.25

Knee: 8.0

My true waist size is a 32 but in new standards I am a 30, I was wonder what size I should get for the 5010xx raw?

i would go with a 32. be careful with your first soak. might want to have them on while you are soaking.

hey kert those look great. if you dont mind answering, what's your height and weight? looking into some skulls and trying to determine what size i should get.

i'm 5' 7", around 140lbs. i normally wear a 30, but i got a 32 with the skulls (one-wash) because they are a slim cut, also i wanted to wear them a little low. it worked out good.

Are these really that small in the thighs?

According to the size chart, they should be ~11.2"...

i used the ande whall measuring technique. i went 16.5cm down from the crotch line, then measured straight across to get the upper thigh measurement.

the size chart probably measured straight across from the crotch line parallel with the the front waistband. that's how they got 11.2 inches.

i used the ande whall measuring technique. i went 16.5cm down from the crotch line, then measured straight across to get the upper thigh measurement.

the size chart probably measured straight across from the crotch line parallel with the the front waistband. that's how they got 11.2 inches.

ah, ok.

have yours stretched at all?

oh ok how long did you have yours? i only got mine for 5weeks but half an inch is the most it streched out..

they stretched to fit in like 2 weeks... perfect fit after about a month

im almost three months in and im sure theyre done stretching... so prety much after the first 2 weeks of discomfort, theyre now perfect

i'm in between sizes (33~34), like fallen angels. i'm pretty sure they'll stretch, but i don't want to deal with the discomfort every time i wash, and the mid-thigh area is a bit too tight.

really considering sending mine back for a size up. or i'm just making up excuses to buy something else (belt & shoes) from fabfour so i can save on return shipping.

a couple of things. if you want to wear them right, you want to do minimal washing. i'm not washing mine until exactly 6 months. by then, they will definately stretch 2 inches, maybe more.

next, where are you wearing your skulls at? on you waist or hips? if i wore mine on my waist, the thigh area would be pretty tight on me also. i'm wearing mine on my hips, therefore, loosening the thigh area. try it out. even if you do wear them on your waist the thigh area will definately give. you just need to wear them and not worry about it. it will happen.