Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

I’m glad I didn’t get a pair. All the waiting until they go live and then buy asap to get ahead of others. Just couldn’t be bothered. 
I’m so happy with my Freewheelers now and I could try them on in the store before buying. 
I don’t get the thing about perfectly sewn stitches either on a Repro pair. Isn't that part of the charm that the originals weren’t perfect?

1 hour ago, vlad_III said:

All the waiting until they go live and then buy asap to get ahead of others. Just couldn’t be bothered.

Fortunately preordering from Barnstormer didn't require any queuing or navigating a swarm of fanboys fighting for a pair. Just a 6 month wait.
To be fair if I had FW in my backyard I probably wouldn't bother either!

I got my pair yesterday, will try to snap some photos today. Likely keeping them on ice for a bit while I continue to wear my 661xx.

1 hour ago, vlad_III said:

I don’t get the thing about perfectly sewn stitches either on a Repro pair. Isn't that part of the charm that the originals weren’t perfect?

Aren't your FW not perfectly sewn and also a repro pair?!

Anyway: some people want authenticity (whatever this could mean, @Duke Mantee loves this topic ;) ) and see the charm in imperfections. Some people want perfectly sewn jeans but still want jeans from yesteryear. So I see both things to be valid/desired.

No garment is perfect - some might look more perfect than others. Sometimes mass production might result in less time is taken so quality might slip … arguably then taking more time to make less product might should result in higher quality (but potentially higher cost).

What I could never get my head around was taking time to make something look mass produced … 😉

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Aren't your FW not perfectly sewn and also a repro pair?!

Anyway: some people want authenticity (whatever this could mean, @Duke Mantee loves this topic ;) ) and see the charm in imperfections. Some people want perfectly sewn jeans but still want jeans from yesteryear. So I see both things to be valid/desired.

That’s exactly what I like about my FW. That they are not perfectly sewn. But almost!

either way, both are valid as you said. 

@vlad_III I too am very turned off by that sort of ordering experience but as stated, going thru barnstormer it just wasn’t like that at all. I just like the variations in cut and denim from my FW. I haven’t put in the work on my OAs yet but for me the charm isn’t in some perfect stitch work but to each their own. 

I got the 03s because a pair of 01s basically landed on my lap, (again, no hype order - I got them raw for Japanese price off someone who mis-sized) and the cut and denim were both some of my favorite from new. Of course time will tell. 

I'm also not into repros per se, I have no concern about historical accuracy or whatever - I just find that most of my favorites fall under that category these days because the things to appreciate are subtler. 

^ In general, Ooe's are roomier in the hips than Resolute.  The top block of most Ooes are similar -- a nice rounded cut that is both flattering and comfortable for many body types (i.e., room in the hips and thighs while coming in at the waist).  The only Resolute that fits somewhat similarly to Ooe is the 714.

8 hours ago, edwardlj said:

anyone knows how OA denim pants' hip fit comparing to resolute pants? also very small hip size? i am wondering if i am to just go up 1 size in the waist instead of 2 as officially stated.

I’m generally a 30, and have the 01’s in 31. You can scroll up to see the last photo I posted wearing them - they have room in the top and the waist is the only thing that needed to stretch, but it did need to stretch more than anything else I’ve got - it came up smaller than my 29’s from Warehouse, for instance. The denim does stretch pretty easily. I’m used to having the hips/thighs be too tight for my waist, and while I haven’t tried Resolutes that’s one reason why (last I checked the measurements they put me off). That said, I opted to take my next pair in 32.

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Pre and post wash measurements for the w38, initial wash done as per OA's suggestion (1 hour bath soak in 40c water, cold wash and hang dried in the sun).
I typically just chuck them into the washing machine, but felt like doing the whole bit for this pair. :blush:
Pre wash:
Waist: 38 in.
Front rise: 13.5 in.
Back rise: 17 in.
Thigh: 14.5 in.
Knee: 11 in.
Hem: 10 in.
Inseam: 36 in.

Post wash:
Waist: 35 in.
Front rise: 12.5 in.
Back rise: 17 in. (not sure how this didn't shrink?)
Thigh: 14 in.
Knee: 10 in.
Hem: 9.75 in.
Inseam: 33 in.

Interesting… I got 1.5” shrink in the rear rise.

Tag 34. Measurements in inches.

Waist: 17 / 15.5
Front rise: 12.5 / 11.5
Back rise: 16 /14.5
Thigh: 12 / 11
Hem: 9.5 / 8.75
Inseam: 36 / 33

These S0A03XX are my 4th pair of OOE and the first time I feel like I bought the size that actually fits. In the past I’ve gotten recommendations from the shops I bought them from, but they always ended up too small after initial wash.

If anyone is interested, Barnstormer still has pairs available for their second delivery (not sure when they will actually be delivered). As previously mentioned, it seems like only S&S has crazy fast sellout… I preordered mine from Barnstormer back in the summer and spent about a week (maybe more) going back and forth as to whether I wanted them or not. This would not have been possible if I went through S&S as they seem to sell out in minutes.

IMG_6310.thumb.jpeg.5cc5dc6c37f8322fb8415d5d06582c68.jpeg

I definitely sized up in these, maybe too much. This is the them after the 2nd hot wash, it was on the hottest setting and I’m much happier now as they were still looking clownish. 
IMG_6311.thumb.jpeg.b7d5e5c53a813d90ce2ea824757ab3c7.jpeg

On 1/30/2024 at 4:23 AM, Toegun said:

I definitely sized up in these, maybe too much. This is the them after the 2nd hot wash, it was on the hottest setting and I’m much happier now as they were still looking clownish. 

They look perfect to me FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to sell a pair of 03s from s&s

Brand new / never tried on.

i bought for my friend but he bailed on buying them. 

Tagged 34x36

*also have a pair tagged 36x38 I bought for myself. Washed and hemmed. The top block is too tight for me on these. *

Anyone interested?

IMG_2298.thumb.jpeg.66b4ff114e23096b62391118dd82fe41.jpeg

Edited by seethruskin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SOA03XXD-0823 pre-ordered from Barnstormer at the end of October 2023. The parcel eventually arrived, at the end of March. 
The jeans look a little different to the previous OA models. Waiting for the rainy weather to end so I can soak them and dry on the yard. Will probably wash at low temperature after that, the look and feel is tough. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e3517d6f6c4c1f64970f864d84c86b5e.jpeg

Edited by Talan

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the fit you want.
Ooe usually measures a touch below tag size raw (of course this also depends on how you measure) and shrinks from there (quite a lot).
Of course it will stretch back out a good amount.

Other brands (like FW) is bigger than the tagged waist and shrinks to the tagged size (or slightly below)

27 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

so is the consensus with OOE to order two sizes up? So if I’m a 33 I need a 35? 

I’ve gone TTS (32), 1 size up (33) and 2 sizes up (34) between ~5 different pairs and the 2 sizes up has definitely been the best fitting, but has also been my favorite cut - the recent SOA03XXD-0823.

To be a bit more clear, my waist measures @ 32”