Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Soooo Mr Bielby-san; Resolute 710, Porky's 66 or Ooe 02?

I think it's gotta be the Denime 66XX, even the new owner hasn't put me of these.

Though I can feel that these OOE's are not going to disappoint.

Don't forget the warehouse 1100, shit the list goes on.

I haven't heard anything from Ooe about a "prize" despite periodic emails.

The thing about genuinely patient people is that our patience eventually runs out, usually in irretrievable ways.

Flash, if you can contact Ooe, please ask that any prize value be donated to Kanita Women's Village.  They recently did some international relief work in tailoring and garment repair so Ooe would surely approve of such a donation.

I'm not just being a cunt.  I think from the start the contest was simply a bunch of heads who wanted to do it.  How long did it take to sort out a prize anyway?

What Kanita Women's Village was up to with teaching clothing repair is right up my alley.   Quite appropriate, although it now shifts my gears to make sure they got it.

^Not at all, I'd feel the same! It's been 9 months since the contest ended; granted, that was exactly the time they went AWOL and came back with a new website etc. but still, the prize should be in your hands. FWIW, although I rarely get responses on social media comments, e-mails, etc., they are always timely and prompt when it comes to orders. Not sure if you can put an order in and say "hey, reimburse me", but they always get back to me that way! A donation though is very valiant of you!

Nah that kind of stuff is what I'd find fun in any case.  Home ec got cut out of twin cities schools and Oe1 and I are talking with a quilt shop about a jean repair workshop for kids.  Talk about FUN lol

Edited by jyoni

no bother mate , ill see what i can do about contacting them  . dont know if it will make a lot of difference , took me about 6 weeks and numerous emails to get any contact with them about the prize 

kind of pissed about how this has been handled ,  granted they were going through big changes but id like to think they would honor there words  

Might be a usual contest thing :D

After the Evisu world tour it took Evisu how long, a year?! to send the promised jeans to the participants. In the end, the prizes of the Denime contest where supplied by Take5 and not Denime (as it was promised AFAIK). I am sure there are more examples.

For the OOE world tour everyone got a little cellphone bag several months after the tour. But that wasn't a promise but a little surprise gift by Ryo&Hiro

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Well I don't want to carry on about it.  Definitely not what I would expect specifically from Ooe.  They are taking care of orders which overall is the important thing.

On a lighter note I recently did some very invasive repairs to Ray's contest pair.  I'll get some pics in the repair thread soon.

my OAO2xx showed up.  Really soft denim considering they have not been washed yet.  Also had a unique smell that I have not experienced before.  One of my favorite things to do when a new pair arrives is to open the plastic bag and breathe in deeply.  This time it was  sweeter smell, almost something I would expect from a Sugarcane fabric